Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Perfumes to buy a girl Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sound really cheap here but Japanese Cherry Blossom and Dreams Unlimited are lovely , both from The Body Shop .

ReputationRep:
    Don't get any of the perfumes advertised on tv, they all smell vile contrary to what the adverts want you to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    Chanel #5 never fails.
    Chanel #5 is classic but I wouldn't use it. My friends have said too that it smells like grannies' perfume. I personally like perfumes that are fresh and fruity (Nina Ricci's perfumes are my favourite). I would advice that you go to a shop and ask help with choosing a perfume. Just say that you want something for a X-year-old girl. Then they show you some perfumes and you can smell them and choose your favourite. But many guys don't realise that good perfumes cost a lot of money. They are from £40 to £100.

ReputationRep:
    Daisy - Marc Jacobs
    so nice! and the gift set is only like £2 more than the actual bottle of perfume atm in Boots, it has a bottle of the perfume, some body lotion and shower gel, I think. Gorgeous stuff though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prescilla)
    Chanel #5 is classic but I wouldn't use it. My friends have said too that it smells like grannies' perfume. I personally like perfumes that are fresh and fruity (Nina Ricci's perfumes are my favourite). I would advice that you go to a shop and ask help with choosing a perfume. Just say that you want something for a X-year-old girl. Then they show you some perfumes and you can smell them and choose your favourite. But many guys don't realise that good perfumes cost a lot of money. They are from £40 to £100.
    What do you think of Gucci perfumes? I normally buy Chanel or Gucci if for a female, I am aware of how much they cost also...

ReputationRep:
    Gucci Envy Me is by FAR the nicest perfume I have ever smelled. Get that and you're onto a winner, trust me
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    katy perry's perfume is actually really nice! you can get a mini version for £15.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?!

Chanel #5 never fails.
    i like you

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Vera Wang for women. :drool:
    This!
    Princess by Vera Wang is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!)
    i like you

Vice Versa.

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure she doesn't already have it lol.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of Gucci perfumes? I normally buy Chanel or Gucci if for a female, I am aware of how much they cost also...
    I don't buy Gucci perfumes (haven't found any perfume from them that would have been "my style") but I have friends that use them. Some of them smell good so I have nothing bad to say about them. Chanel has more classic perfumes and I have only seen my mum using them. Maybe it's the price or maybe that brand's smell isn't "the trend" right now. But you'll never know, one brand may have many awful smelling perfumes but one really good smelling. Some guys (my friend's bf asked help from me once) don't trust themselves and that's why they don't know what to buy. My only advice is to ask help or read reviews from internet and then just test them in a shop. If it smells good (not too sweet, not too strong or too poison like), it's probably a good perfume. I personally don't care about the brand but more expensive perfumes last longer. Cheap ones usually fade away really quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolmuslim)
    Why waste 40 quid on a bottle of perfume? Use that money to book a hotel room and bang her all night long.
    And they say romance is dead!

ReputationRep:
    Any of the Vera Wang princess perfumes
    Any Nina Ricci perfumes
    Paul Smith Floral

ReputationRep:
    Gucci Guilty?

ReputationRep:
    Armani Diamonds ftw!!!

ReputationRep:
    Christian Dior - Poison
    or Chanel - Allure
    :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Coco Madmoiselle by Chanel.

It's my favourite

Chanel No5 is good as well but some may find it a bit over powering... Madmoiselle is better for younger women I think

ReputationRep:
    Any female perfume would be good
    my favourites are Tommy Girl, Davidoff Cool Water for women or Acqua di Gioia (or something like that)

ReputationRep:
    Miss Dior Cherie
    Lola Marc Jacobs
    Vera Wang Glam Princess
    J'adore L'absolu

To name a few

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.