Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't get to sleep with my boyfriend Watch

(Original post by GdotL)
    Is this a single bed or a double bed?
    Double. I find it's less about the positions we're sleeping in and more about actually falling asleep, despite how we lay.

ReputationRep:
    At least yours doesn't fart in bed like mine.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably because you're not really used to sharing a bed with him- once a week isn't very often. When I started sharing a bed with my boyfriend, it'd take me ages to get to sleep and I'd always wake up at around 5/6 am. You do get used to it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah my parents are fine with it, I'm 20 anyway so I can do what I like tbh. But we have our own places too so that makes it nicer.

He knows that I wake up a lot, but then I think he does too because when I can't sleep I get really fidgety and move around a lot, so wake up him... and it's just an endless cycle! I think we're both just very move-around-a lot-during-sleep people.
    ahh lucky you. i'm 18, and he's nearly 20. i just can't win to be honest with my mum xD

ahh. well like when i can't get to sleep i usually just close my eyes and dream about other stuff that isn't worrying or distracting. like maybe something that makes you happy. dream up your own little scene. something that will distract you from not being able to get to sleep.
    just an idea

(Original post by Beth Angharad)
    It's probably because you're not really used to sharing a bed with him- once a week isn't very often. When I started sharing a bed with my boyfriend, it'd take me ages to get to sleep and I'd always wake up at around 5/6 am. You do get used to it though
    Yeah I think you're right about it being because it's only once a week. If I could I'd spent every night with him but I'll have to wait about 2 years or so before we can move in together unfortunately!

ReputationRep:
    i think eveyone has this problem, takes time to get used to it,
    you just have to decide if sleeping with him is worth losing sleep

(Original post by robynroo)
    ahh lucky you. i'm 18, and he's nearly 20. i just can't win to be honest with my mum xD

ahh. well like when i can't get to sleep i usually just close my eyes and dream about other stuff that isn't worrying or distracting. like maybe something that makes you happy. dream up your own little scene. something that will distract you from not being able to get to sleep.
    just an idea
    Will try it! Definitely need to relax myself more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robynroo)
    atleast you are allowed to sleep with your boyfriend in the same bed.
    i've been with mine for 11 months (this sunday) and my mum still wont let us.

why don't you do the easy thing, and just tell the boyfriend?
    i'm sure he'll understand and help you.
    Why what does she think you might do? Giggigy Giggidy

(Original post by f00ddude)
    i think eveyone has this problem, takes time to get used to it,
    you just have to decide if sleeping with him is worth losing sleep
    Luckily, yes it is worth it. I shall just be patient and hope I get more used to it!

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping pills and Ear muffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alloysspinnin)
    Why what does she think you might do? Giggigy Giggidy
    you know i question that every time.
    thing is she wont trust me.
    i can't even stay round his house.
    all she says "it's because i'm 'old fashioned'"
    tbh, it's no help at all. :l

ReputationRep:
    I was exactly the same with mine.
    I'd eventually just roll away from him or we'd sleep with our bodies slightly apart but with an arm flung over the other or something. Cuddling was nice after sex, but for the whole night? It just made me overheat lol.

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to fall asleep when sharing a bed with my bf, he also snores sometimes so id recommend earplugs, helps me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolmuslim)
    Convert to Islam. That should solve the problem.
    can you expand on that, how would it solve the problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Sleeping tablets? So much sex you can't physically stay awake?...aside from that, I'm all out of ideas.
    This.

Are you on a single bed?
    You might want to stop cuddling/spooning him. As lovely as it seems, Its probably better for you to just sleep next to him instead.

ReputationRep:
    I sleepwalk and sleeptalk. When i slept with my boyfriend it was his job to stop me wandering about his house naked, lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete, as he uses TSR.

I've been with my boyfriend for 10 months and have slept in the same bed with him about once a week during that time. However, I find it so difficult to actually fall asleep and even when I do I regularly wake up. We sleep close together, ie. my head on his chest/arm, or spooning, but even when we roll over and sleep apart I am still so perceptive to any slight noise or movement he makes. It really annoys me because I am then tired for the rest of the day from lack of sleep. Any advice?
    Would your boyfriend really be angry if he saw this :rolleyes:

I used to have the same problem!
    But it went after a year or so...

Just keep trying
    Or move to another bed if it doesn't stop!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same- except I got over it after a couple of months. You will, too :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a really light sleeper so I can't stand the sound of my boyfriend's breathing (haha that sounds so bad)~ We live together and don't have the space for seperate beds so we sleep top-to-toe... which sort of works, and it beats having to trot off to another room for a mid-night cuddle :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    This.

Are you on a single bed?
    You might want to stop cuddling/spooning him. As lovely as it seems, Its probably better for you to just sleep next to him instead.
    You want sex with me? Only if ur a girl

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.