Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tuition Fees increase is going to effect me.Simple! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    So... those more able to pay back the loans will be paying them back. This policy will mean that only those that benefit from the education (those that become richer) will be paying more money. How does this justify "death to the tories" (being an economically left-wing policy in real terms)?
    Exactly,- reference to my post a few posts above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    ...?

ok,
    have a 300,000 pounds debt
    BUT DON'T WORRY, as soon as you earn over 21,000 you can pay it off!
    WHO THE HELL GOES INTO UNIVERSITY WITHOUT THE PROSPECT OF GETTING INTO A DECENT JOB
    REMEMBER - YOU PAY OF MULTIPLE THE TIMES AND AMMOUNT OF THE COST REQUIRED TO EDUCATE YOU IN TERMS OF YOUR WORKING TAX
    THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD INVEST IN YOU, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE A TAX PAYER
    DEATH TO THE TORIES
    CORRUPT PIGS
    i have lost patience.
    What a CRETIN
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    ...?

ok,
    have a 300,000 pounds debt
    BUT DON'T WORRY, as soon as you earn over 21,000 you can pay it off!
    WHO THE HELL GOES INTO UNIVERSITY WITHOUT THE PROSPECT OF GETTING INTO A DECENT JOB
    REMEMBER - YOU PAY OF MULTIPLE THE TIMES AND AMMOUNT OF THE COST REQUIRED TO EDUCATE YOU IN TERMS OF YOUR WORKING TAX
    THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD INVEST IN YOU, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE A TAX PAYER
    DEATH TO THE TORIES
    CORRUPT PIGS
    i have lost patience.
    I have lost patience with those who think that everything should be paid for them. For 18 years, the taxpayers have funded you through primary and secondary education, but hey ho! As soon as you find out that you might have to SHOCK! HORROR! GASP! pay for your own education for once, you and a bunch of other stingy cronies kick up a fuss. It costs an average of £400 per taxpayer to put students through university (figures are from some broadsheet, think it was The Guardian) and to ask for anymore is simply unfair in this economic climate. Some plumber or nurse or supermarket shelf-stacker is paying enough for your education, so get off that high horse and fork out a bit for yourself because in the long run, it'll benefit you more.

The new fee rises affect the middle class more than anyone else, so everyone saying "Oh I can't pay £6-9k a year because I am too poor", be quiet and check out the loans and bursaries they are putting in place, instead of looking at a big number and shouting about it. If you do the research, you can potentionally find ways of playing the system to your advantage.

And before I get accused of being elitist, I get EMA and go to a state grammar sixth form. The fee changes *hopefully* won't affect me but I have two younger siblings who will be and the eldest, who is 16, is not fazed by any of this at all.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, economic policy AFFECTS PEOPLE?

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? TELL ME!

For the record, I'm in the first year of those who will have to pay more. You don't see me, or anyone else that actually understands how this sytem will work, *****ing about it, even though I'm fairly poor. I'm sick to death of idiots whining when they don't even understand what's going to happen, so before you complain, read up or stfu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSara.loux)
    Loans?
    sure through the slc http://www.slc.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renlok)
    sure through the slc http://www.slc.co.uk/
    So how are you, unlike the op having to pay out of your own pocket?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSara.loux)
    So how are you, unlike the op having to pay out of your own pocket?
    I want to do a graduate entry medicine course as its my second degree I can't get a loan. Which kind of sucks but is also kind of my fault for screwing up my a-levels

ReputationRep:
    *Affect
    If you don't know that, you shouldn't be going to uni.

Anyway, you get a loan to cover your tuition fees, so chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    You didn't KNOW that the fees are going to AFFECT you.

Good grief.
    Haha LOL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.