Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The most overrated things of the decade? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    England's reputation pre the World Cups.

Edit: Also the whole 'I want to be a celebrity' culture, thanks to Simon Cowell (who is also overrated).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    You may not like their music, but they most certainly arent average singers (apart from cheryl cole who, lets face it, is ****)
    IMO they all sound the same, they dont have a individual style and they lack depth and substance...in comparison to every singer from the last decade they wouldn't make a top 1000 list.

Rihanna sings like a whiney mouse, Beyonce is a fail version of 80's/90's Whitney Houston and was better in Destinys Child, Leona Lewis has such a boring voice and yes, Cole is **** wherever she tries to sing lol

Thats IMO, but the first bit is true!

ReputationRep:
    Jack Wills. Bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    The Lib Dems.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, do you mean the decade 2000-2009 or 2010-now (which only gives us a year to look at :erm:)

ReputationRep:
    Conservative Party.

Lulz

ReputationRep:
    Obama, Cheryl Cole, X-Factor, Justin Bieber, Tiger Woods' scandal

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown. Waited ages to assume power and look what happened.
    Obama.

ReputationRep:
    Almost every single 'singer', and pop culture in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    IMO they all sound the same, they dont have a individual style and they lack depth and substance...in comparison to every singer from the last decade they wouldn't make a top 1000 list.

Rihanna sings like a whiney mouse, Beyonce is a fail version of 80's/90's Whitney Houston and was better in Destinys Child, Leona Lewis has such a boring voice and yes, Cole is **** wherever she tries to sing lol

Thats IMO, but the first bit is true!
    Im afraid you are wrong. From those three singers Beyonce is definitely the best, and she has a very strong unique voice (you would be able to tell it was Beyonce if someone didnt tell you)
    Rihanna has quite a good voice, however I agree with you, it isnt unique. However just because it isnt unique, doesnt make her an 'average singer'.
    Leona Lewis has a very good voice, and is perhaps the best thing to come out of that pile of crap (xfactor). She can hit a range of notes and definitely isnt an average singer. Her songs may not be the most interesting, but there is no denying that she has talent.
    Cheryl cole isnt a good singer. I agree
    If there was a top 1000 singer list from the last decade, beyonce most definitely would be in the top 100. And I am almost certain Rihanna and Leona lewis would make the list of 1000 singers as well. Who do you think would make the list then from the last decade?
    I think you are confusing not liking their music, with them having bad voices.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook, Twitter and other similar sites, like you said.
    The vampire thing (inc Twilight) as someone else has pointed out.
    Big Brother, X Factor, etc.

Pretty much media related things I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyhigh!)
    I lol'd.
    They are a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Lady Gaga!

ReputationRep:
    'Organic' Produce.
    Can anyone really tell the difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Arsenal Football Club for the last 6 years. :yep:
    Knew this was coming when I saw your post on the front page. Although had to come to the first page to find it

ReputationRep:
    Fundamental human rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Knew this was coming when I saw your post on the front page. Although had to come to the first page to find it

Crisis club tbh. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Crisis club tbh. :daydreaming:
    Are you in Italy? :daydreaming:

Get off TSR! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    AIDS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.