Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Yeah, I'm dreading P5 because of the circuits and stuff. Was never interested in them :/ And yep, I'm doing the 5's 6's and Ideas in June... what about you?
    Just the 6's and ideas
    How did you do in core science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ears)
    Just the 6's and ideas
    How did you do in core science?
    All right, I suppose. Not trying to say I did good or anything, to avoid disappointment What did you get for all the units then?

ReputationRep:
    All right, I suppose. Not trying to say I did good or anything, to avoid disappointment What did you get for all the units then?

I did pretty well
    Unit 1: 48/50
    Unit 2: 50/50
    Unit 3: 49/50
    Ideas in context: 48/50

I'm sure you'll be fine, grade boundaries are usually low. You must enjoy science then, seeing as you are taking two at A-Level!! You want to go in to medicine I assume?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ears)
    I did pretty well
    Unit 1: 48/50
    Unit 2: 50/50
    Unit 3: 49/50
    Ideas in context: 48/50

I'm sure you'll be fine, grade boundaries are usually low. You must enjoy science then, seeing as you are taking two at A-Level!! You want to go in to medicine I assume?
    I hope so lol. Wow, well done! Those are awesome results. And I was going to, then I realised my grades aren't going to be good enough so I'll just go into another branch of science that I'm more interested in. What are you taking for A level and what do you want to be? ;p

ReputationRep:
    I hope so lol. Wow, well done! Those are awesome results. And I was going to, then I realised my grades aren't going to be good enough so I'll just go into another branch of science that I'm more interested in. What are you taking for A level and what do you want to be? ;p
    I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, History and Economics. Not sure what I want to be yet though, certainly something to do with economics/maths/politics though.

Also, I think that is a good idea going in to a different type of science, so many people want to do medicine these days, it's too competitive! Very hard to get in to a good uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ears)
    I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, History and Economics. Not sure what I want to be yet though, certainly something to do with economics/maths/politics though.

Also, I think that is a good idea going in to a different type of science, so many people want to do medicine these days, it's too competitive! Very hard to get in to a good uni!
    Yeah, I have no choice but to do something else besides Medicine lol. Further Maths? Wow, you must be a genius. I looked at some A level maths past papers and I kinda died inside. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have no choice but to do something else besides Medicine lol. Further Maths? Wow, you must be a genius. I looked at some A level maths past papers and I kinda died inside. Good luck!
    Oh ditto.
    I had a look and I couldn't believe how difficult it looked. I guess once you're taught it, it isn't as bad Lots of hard work!

Good luck with your studies too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    I did C1 maths, Biology unit 2 and 3, business unit 1, critical thinking unit 1 (all GCSE except maths)

Was hoping for 100 in C1 but after my performance i am praying for 95+ and A*s in both biology exams, pretty confident in business and confident of a U in crit thinking
    i heard u got cremated by 5b? in c1 -_-...RIP YH

ReputationRep:
    Damn it this is close, now i'll have to face disappointment early, at least last year it wasn't till the 18th, now im ****ting it. Still enough to time to rectify any bad results in the summer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    i heard u got cremated by 5b? in c1 -_-...RIP YH

na na 1b.

:

ReputationRep:
    na na 1b.

:
    tht means u got 2 ques wrong < 90 ums.......if u find tht inequality confusin then <80 ums lol SNM

RIP YH

ReputationRep:
    I did C1 maths, Biology unit 2 and 3, business unit 1, critical thinking unit 1 (all GCSE except maths)

Was hoping for 100 in C1 but after my performance i am praying for 95+ and A*s in both biology exams, pretty confident in business and confident of a U in crit thinking
    i did A/S critical thinking and a U is looking promising there too

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    Best of luck to you all
    think i need it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by windsurfingbob)
    think i need it...
    Hope for the best and plan for the worst buddy and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I was so confused by the last question where it asks you which one was the formula for kinetic energy. I'm pretty sure you half the mass, not double it?
    ½MV²

had a similar question on my P4 P5 P6 higher paper (triple award) which i didnt answer because i didnt understand and now looking back on it realise that it didnt have the object didnt have a velocity because it wasn't moving.

not looking forward to results day, brothers birthday if it will bring me any luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie c)
    ½MV²

had a similar question on my P4 P5 P6 higher paper (triple award) which i didnt answer because i didnt understand and now looking back on it realise that it didnt have the object didnt have a velocity because it wasn't moving.

not looking forward to results day, brothers birthday if it will bring me any luck.
    I know the formula for Kinetic Energy. But the weird thing was that it didn't come up in the exam like that. The mass was doubled (x2), not halved. :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh Jesus I'm dreading it already. It's going to be a baaaaad day

ReputationRep:
    I know the formula for Kinetic Energy. But the weird thing was that it didn't come up in the exam like that. The mass was doubled (x2), not halved. :/
    I've seen it written in practice papers as ½(MxV)²

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    Hope for the best and plan for the worst buddy and you'll be fine
    thanks x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.