The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Yeah, I'm dreading P5 because of the circuits and stuff. Was never interested in them :/ And yep, I'm doing the 5's 6's and Ideas in June... what about you?

Just the 6's and ideas :smile:
How did you do in core science?
Original post by Ears
Just the 6's and ideas :smile:
How did you do in core science?

All right, I suppose. Not trying to say I did good or anything, to avoid disappointment :tongue: What did you get for all the units then? :smile:
Reply 22
All right, I suppose. Not trying to say I did good or anything, to avoid disappointment :tongue: What did you get for all the units then? :smile:

I did pretty well :biggrin:
Unit 1: 48/50
Unit 2: 50/50
Unit 3: 49/50
Ideas in context: 48/50

I'm sure you'll be fine, grade boundaries are usually low. You must enjoy science then, seeing as you are taking two at A-Level!! You want to go in to medicine I assume? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ears
I did pretty well :biggrin:
Unit 1: 48/50
Unit 2: 50/50
Unit 3: 49/50
Ideas in context: 48/50

I'm sure you'll be fine, grade boundaries are usually low. You must enjoy science then, seeing as you are taking two at A-Level!! You want to go in to medicine I assume? :smile:

I hope so lol. Wow, well done! :biggrin: Those are awesome results. And I was going to, then I realised my grades aren't going to be good enough so I'll just go into another branch of science that I'm more interested in. What are you taking for A level and what do you want to be? ;p
Reply 24
I hope so lol. Wow, well done! :biggrin: Those are awesome results. And I was going to, then I realised my grades aren't going to be good enough so I'll just go into another branch of science that I'm more interested in. What are you taking for A level and what do you want to be? ;p

I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, History and Economics. Not sure what I want to be yet though, certainly something to do with economics/maths/politics though.

Also, I think that is a good idea going in to a different type of science, so many people want to do medicine these days, it's too competitive! Very hard to get in to a good uni! :redface:
Original post by Ears
I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, History and Economics. Not sure what I want to be yet though, certainly something to do with economics/maths/politics though.

Also, I think that is a good idea going in to a different type of science, so many people want to do medicine these days, it's too competitive! Very hard to get in to a good uni! :redface:

Yeah, I have no choice but to do something else besides Medicine lol. Further Maths? Wow, you must be a genius. I looked at some A level maths past papers and I kinda died inside. Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Yeah, I have no choice but to do something else besides Medicine lol. Further Maths? Wow, you must be a genius. I looked at some A level maths past papers and I kinda died inside. Good luck! :biggrin:

Oh ditto.
I had a look and I couldn't believe how difficult it looked. I guess once you're taught it, it isn't as bad :tongue: Lots of hard work!

Good luck with your studies too!
Reply 27
Original post by Extricated
I did C1 maths, Biology unit 2 and 3, business unit 1, critical thinking unit 1 (all GCSE except maths)

Was hoping for 100 in C1 but after my performance i am praying for 95+ and A*s in both biology exams, pretty confident in business and confident of a U in crit thinking :smile:

i heard u got cremated by 5b? in c1 -_-...RIP YH :colone:
Damn it this is close, now i'll have to face disappointment early, at least last year it wasn't till the 18th, now im ****ting it. Still enough to time to rectify any bad results in the summer though :smile:
Original post by Rahul.S
i heard u got cremated by 5b? in c1 -_-...RIP YH :colone:

na na 1b.

:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:::colone:
Reply 30
na na 1b.

:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:::colone:

tht means u got 2 ques wrong < 90 ums.......if u find tht inequality confusin then <80 ums lol SNM

RIP YH :colone:
I did C1 maths, Biology unit 2 and 3, business unit 1, critical thinking unit 1 (all GCSE except maths)

Was hoping for 100 in C1 but after my performance i am praying for 95+ and A*s in both biology exams, pretty confident in business and confident of a U in crit thinking :smile:

i did A/S critical thinking and a U is looking promising there too
Best of luck to you all :biggrin:
Original post by boromir9111
Best of luck to you all :biggrin:

think i need it...
Original post by windsurfingbob
think i need it...

Hope for the best and plan for the worst buddy and you'll be fine :h:
Reply 35
I was so confused by the last question where it asks you which one was the formula for kinetic energy. I'm pretty sure you half the mass, not double it?

½MV²

had a similar question on my P4 P5 P6 higher paper (triple award) which i didnt answer because i didnt understand and now looking back on it realise that it didnt have the object didnt have a velocity because it wasn't moving.

not looking forward to results day, brothers birthday if it will bring me any luck.
Original post by Robbie c
½MV²

had a similar question on my P4 P5 P6 higher paper (triple award) which i didnt answer because i didnt understand and now looking back on it realise that it didnt have the object didnt have a velocity because it wasn't moving.

not looking forward to results day, brothers birthday if it will bring me any luck.

I know the formula for Kinetic Energy. But the weird thing was that it didn't come up in the exam like that. The mass was doubled (x2), not halved. :/
Reply 37
Oh Jesus I'm dreading it already. It's going to be a baaaaad day
Reply 38
I know the formula for Kinetic Energy. But the weird thing was that it didn't come up in the exam like that. The mass was doubled (x2), not halved. :/

I've seen it written in practice papers as ½(MxV)²
Original post by boromir9111
Hope for the best and plan for the worst buddy and you'll be fine :h:

thanks x

Latest