Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL:Did you lose your virginity to a virgin or a non virgin? Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you lose your virginity to a virgin or a non virgin?
    I lost my virginity to a virgin
    31.97%
    I lost my virginty to a non virgin
    33.06%
    I am a virgin, but i want to lose it to a virgin
    24.04%
    I am a virgin, but I want to lose it to a non virgin.
    10.93%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    it matters a lot
    if shows you are not promiscuous, and you will only have sex after marrige
    it shows you can wait, focus on education
    it shows you do not just follow lust
    Well done, now please come into the real world where people dont really care who is a virgin or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    That is really awful. I don't think a lot of people, particularly virgins, get how little virginty matters.

I know, people make such a big deal of it but in reality if you expect every girl you go out with to be a virgin then you have stupidly high expectations. People like to have sex, it's not a big deal. Grrr! haha

ReputationRep:
    doesn't really matter tbh...virgin or non-virgin all the same to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    it matters a lot
    if shows you are not promiscuous, and you will only have sex after marrige
    it shows you can wait, focus on education
    it shows you do not just follow lust
    Non-virgin. Also not promiscuous. Also achieved well at school and got into a top uni for my course.

Sex is not an evil.

ReputationRep:
    I lost it to a non virgin, he's the only ex I still talk to so it's ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    To a virgin, but it's of no significance to me. If I'd got with my bf and he told me he wasn't a virgin, it's not like I'd have said 'no thanks' and gone hunting for a virgin :erm:

This! Was a virgin for me but I didn't choose it to be that way, was just how the cookie crumbled

ReputationRep:
    I lost it to a virgin

ReputationRep:
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Non-virgin, would have preferred a virgin actually. He just acted so confidently and was like "lights on? why would I turn them off?!?!!?", it was a bit intimidating. I'm sure that only made me worse :|

ReputationRep:
    Virgin, it was rubbish. Totally anticlimatic and awkward, I wished i'd lost it to someone with more experience.
    Number two was also a virgin, but was really good. So i'm stumped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gleamingsun)
    :sexface: call me, dear.
    I'm doing fine by myself, thanks

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    He was a non-virgin but I thought he'd only slept with his ex girlfriend. I found out after we'd slept together that he'd also had a one night stand.

Apparently he "thought he'd told me".

I might have reconsidered getting into a relationship with him if I'd known that, because I was so nervous.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Lost mine to a virgin, pretty pleased on how this worked out since ended up being with that one for a few years and wouldn't change it at all :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Non-virgin.
    I didn't particularly care either way; virginity has never been important in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    To a non-virgin, but he'd only slept with one other so there wasn't a huge difference.

I almost lost it to a virgin but we broke up before we could seal the deal. I'm glad we didn't then because we were both too young looking back, and I'm glad I lost it to who I did - a partner I was with for 2 years and loved very dearly. I've never regretted it in any way, don't think I ever will.

I used to think I'd prefer them to be a virgin, just because I hope to find someone I can stay with longterm (maybe for life) so we might as well start together.
    Now that I'm actually at an age where I might lose it soon (19) and with a boyfriend (who happens to be a virgin), I'm much more nervous and part of me wonders if I'd prefer someone who wasn't a virgin so they would know what they were doing.

My first boyfriend was also a virgin, but he was American and full of confidence so with him I wasn't nervous about it and it seemed like it would be easy and natural if it ever happened (except obviously we didn't get to that stage of relationship anyway). So basically the conclusion I have come to is that I guess it depends on the individual and virginity is irrelevant to whether it will be good or not. I am just not ready yet and I don't feel like my boyfriend is either but I feel like my ex-boyfriend probably was. If this makes any sense.

ReputationRep:
    Lost it to a non-virgin. Surely losing it to someone you care about is more important than whether they're a virgin or not.

ReputationRep:
    I kinda wish I lost it to a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    The uptight people about it are the ones that over think everything, worry about what everyone else thinks rather than what they really want, probably have self esteem issues etc etc it's the person that matters, not whether they met someone else before you zzz yawn :yawn:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.