Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Argument with girlfriend - she slapped me. Watch

ReputationRep:
    That seems bad, but the thing is i wouldnt do anything to irritate her any further, because it seems like she is already. Honestly you should talk to her, and ask her why she hit you like that, and explain to her exactly how you felt. But most importantly re-evaulate your relationship, maybe its reaching breaking point and you need to see where its heading.

S.D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetascandy)
    I think she was out of order. Make sure she reaalllyyy apologizes..
    I agree with this. Yeah OP lost his temper a bit but he'd planned this special trip in advance she knew well in advance, then she suddenly puts a friends party first!? Do me that really means she doesn't care about OP's feelings at all. He got upset, naturally, and then rather then just leave she slaps him across the face.

All I can say is I don't think you're in the wrong at all OP. It'll be interesting to see how the replies pan out though, always a bit different when the girl is in the wrong, when the guy is the wrong people are all too quick to attack him on this forum, when the roles are reversed it can be very different.

ReputationRep:
    If you've not already cancelled the holiday, I'd go to Paris with a friend to give each other a cooling off period.

LOL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    I hate the double standards girls have.
    If this was the other way around, all the girls here would be saying get out of the relationship because he'd do it again.
    Yet cos its a girl whos being violent, then its no problem?
    WTF.
    I wouldnt, violence is not acceptable from either sex, while one slap once in a heated argument may not be grounds for an automatic end to a relationship it certainly isnt easily forgiveable or forgetable. I think his girlfriend acted appaulingly here

ReputationRep:
    I think her cancelling your plans was quite inconsiderate, as she pretty much put her friend before you. However, i can see why "I can't stand the sight of you" would have hurt her. You were both just caught up in the heat of the argument. I think you just need to talk it through and explain to her how you felt, telling her that even a slap is unnacceptable and if she ever does it again you'll be out the door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    I hate the double standards girls have.
    If this was the other way around, all the girls here would be saying get out of the relationship because he'd do it again.
    Yet cos its a girl whos being violent, then its no problem?
    WTF.
    It's why males are so unlikely to admit to domestic violence from their partner. Because the guy should be able to handle it or maybe he's doing something to annoy her, equal rights when it suits, sexism when it doesn't. It is rather irritating and this forum shows it better then anywhere else when we get threads like this then ones where the male is more at fault.

For example if OP is female and her boyfriend had suddenly announced he didn't care about the trip she'd booked specially and wanted to get pissed with his mates at a party, then he'd hit her when she got angry we'd get a unanimous answer of:

"Oh my god! He clearly doesn't give a damn about you if he puts his friends party in front of a nice holiday you've made the effort to organise and told him about way in advance! Then he hits you! What an absolute prick! I wouldn't bother with him at all, he sounds like a nasty piece of work."

ReputationRep:
    That was really rude of her, especially if she didn't offer to pay for the cancellation. Did she?
    You two had the prior plans, and they weren't just something minor.

Maybe she didn't really mean to slap you, and just lost it or whatever. Is she always that emotional? Leave it for a few days and tell her how you feel. Then see.

ReputationRep:
    Keep the paris trip on, take a friend with you (even better if it's a girl friend). That will really make her feel like ****, and she deserves to because slapping is just out of order.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should ask Sean Connery for some advice:

ReputationRep:
    What a spoilt, ungrateful girlfriend you have. If I were in your position this would end the relationship.

Also physical violence is never acceptable, unlikely she'll become an abuser, but it shows you want sort of person she is, the sort who needs to get their own way all the time or they lose it. Get out of the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShakeyJJ)
    Alternatively, instead of my previous advice;

"Do I look like a *****?"
    "What?"
    "DO I LOOK LIKE A *****?"
    "No?"
    "Then why you tryin' to **** me like a *****!?"
    :awesome:

OP, that's a lot of self restraint you practised there by not responding when you got slapped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShakeyJJ)
    Tell her you feel disrespected and you don't want to speak to her for a while, maybe take a mate on the trip to show that she doesn't rule your life.

After a week or so she'll be sweating it and try and get in touch, by then you'll know she either is sorry or doesn't realise how much she has hurt you and, if that is the case, she ain't worth your time my friend.
    I too fully agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it ok for girls to slap boys but not the other way around? I thought you girls wanted gender equality? But I guess only when it favours you. *****es.

ReputationRep:
    HOW UNGRATEFUL IS SHE......
    im sure her mate would have understand if she went of to Paris, besides its not as if she was going to ditch her mate for a guy she just met, you wrote you've been in a long relationship, right?
    you cant let her go because she slapped you, and if it was the other way round, then i don't think she would let you go if you slapped her. leave it for a couple of days and let her sweat it out, she deserves that at least, than tell her how she made you feel etc. and try to sort it out.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Mate, go on the trip... take a mate or whatever!

And tell her to **** off, why girls get away with stuff like this is beyond me! Had a girl posted this on here people would be rushing to tell her to phone the police.

Double standards piss me off!

ReputationRep:
    Leave her. If you had hit her every person on TSR would be calling you a prick, it works both ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Pfft we have issues the girl was clearly in the wrong. :eek:
    I agree with you,

fine i deleted the comment.

ReputationRep:
    Take a mate instead and go to the red light district.
    Oh, and dump the ungrateful *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    How can she slap? :ahee:
    I dont get it

OP, you should have kicked her in the nuts!
    Or just go on the holiday with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!)
    Double Standards :rolleyes: unfortunately.

What i meant by my comment is that the girl has issues because friends bday =/ your bf paying for a short holiday

As harsh as that sounds

The guy has issues because of the way he reacted when she slapped him.

Meh who doesn't have issues?
    I don't have issues with you. I have...other things to share with you. :pierre:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.