Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why i love alcohol Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    So people know that alcohol is more dangerous than most other drugs yet still binge drink?

The fact is, most people don't know this, and if they do they certainly don't actually acknowledge it. If they did, drinking alcohol would be more taboo then smoking weed.
    wow
    THIS.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH
    YOU ARE THE ONLY OPEN MINDED PERSON WHO PAUSED AND REFLECTED.i'd rep you, i will, but i can't for today all gone,
    thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    fair enough but come on
    over 90% deffo do get drunk
    do act like idiots
    do hit
    aggravate
    cause violence
    and are so terrible
    trust me
    i know.
    you know too
    i didn't say that man on the bench is what you all are
    but many are close
    How about you go away and do some proper research before you start spouting utter bull**** figures pulled from the depths of your *********?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    fair enough but come on
    over 90% deffo do get drunk
    do act like idiots
    do hit
    aggravate
    cause violence
    and are so terrible
    trust me
    i know.
    you know too
    i didn't say that man on the bench is what you all are
    but many are close
    Out of interest, miss sixthformer, have you actually ever been out in a club and seen 90% of people causing violence and aggravating people? Cos I sure haven't.

Maybe 90% of people do drink to get drunk. But most don't drink to get blind drunk so that they have no control over their actions and can't remember what they did the next day.

ReputationRep:
    I can put up with the bullcrap spiel but maaaan, bird can't even type

ReputationRep:
    why should i not post this?
    if i posted meaningless rubbish about a drunk old dwarf, you'd applaud me
    are you threatened by this?
    My question is; what is your aim with this thread? A perfectly reasonable question. Other people make threads to garner public opinion, to find out the answer to the question, to make people laugh. What are you trying to do here apart from lecture?

I don't need a lecture. Do you drink alcohol? Have you ever drunk alcohol? Personally, I take my advice from people with a little more life experience. Ironically enough, IME the best advice usually comes from those people who have screwed around rather than the tea-totallers.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

Only a minority of people get ****ed up by drink, and that is their problem.

ReputationRep:
    My body, my choice, yo.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you been banned yet?
    You are one of the worst trolls to ever inhabit TSR, every single one of your posts ends up with me like this: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Because it makes the most fatuous, crass and cretinous things I say seem unbelievably intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    So people know that alcohol is more dangerous than most other drugs yet still binge drink?

The fact is, most people don't know this, and if they do they certainly don't actually acknowledge it. If they did, drinking alcohol would be more taboo then smoking weed.
    You think smokers don't know about lung cancer? You think drug users don't know you can get hooked? You can inform people all you want about the dangers, they will still do it. Back in 'days of yore' the entire population would drink alcohol because water was not an option. It's deeply embedded in our society, it's not just going to stop.

ReputationRep:
    wow
    THIS.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH
    YOU ARE THE ONLY OPEN MINDED PERSON WHO PAUSED AND REFLECTED.i'd rep you, i will, but i can't for today all gone,
    thank you so much
    We are a rare gem amongst these futile inferior beings. For some reason I keep thinking that the next time I come on TSR people will be less ignorant. But alas, it is still full on narrow minded individuals who can't think for themselves and are ruled by social norms. I've noticed that a lot of people who are arguing with you are actually avoiding the point of the thread, and just finding flaws with other things you have written in order to exploit them. Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    Moderate drinking does so little damage it is not even noticeable, and we're all going to die one day anyway, so f***you OP.

ReputationRep:
    OP is Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Weed is a better drug to be addicted to (I mean weed, not skunk (although that's probably better as well). I look at alcohol like I look at MDMA. It should be taken once a month tops. However, society will dictate that you must drink it more regularly.
    >Implying you can get addicted to cannabis.
    >Prefers rocky over actual marijuana without bits of plastic and other inorganic materials in it.(!!???)

Opinion is invalid.

ReputationRep:
    YUMM! LETS LOVE ALCOHOL! LOOK AT ALL OF THE ADVANTAGES!

Features
    People tend to look at alcohol in an acceptable fashion but the fact is that alcohol is a drug albeit a legal drug. It is an addictive drug that people use and abuse every day. People consume alcohol for various reasons, such as to relieve stress, escape from problems or to fit in at social situations. Teenagers may start drinking due to peer pressure. Others drink because they are addicted.
    Function
    Alcohol increases the risk of various health conditions, such as heart and liver disease. Alcohol works directly on the central nervous system, impairing brain function. Over time, excessive alcohol consumption can destroy brain cells, resulting in various degrees of brain damage.
    Effects
    Alcohol affects the way people behave. For instance, some people become more violent. This can lead to an increase in crime. People experience a decrease in mental alertness when drinking alcohol and may make poor decisions. Alcohol dulls the senses and alters one's perception of situations and surroundings. Alcohol also affects memory.
    Considerations
    Alcohol often causes people to shed their inhibitions. This can lead to more promiscuous behavior. People may have multiple sex partners, which can lead to an increased risk of sexually transmitted diseases. Women who become pregnant can transmit diseases to their unborn children. Women who drink alcohol when pregnant may have babies born with birth defects due to fetal alcohol syndrome.
    Significance
    People who drink alcohol and drive risk their own lives and the lives of other people. People who drive under the influence of alcohol are not capable of driving with their full mental and physical faculties intact. Alcohol impairs coordination, motor skills and judgment. A person who has consumed even a small amount of alcohol will have slower reflexes and reaction time than one who has not consumed any alcohol. Many lives are lost each year due to drunk drivers.
    Potential
    People often suffer physical injuries after consuming too much alcohol. The decrease in coordination and mental alertness can cause staggering, swaying and double vision, which may lead to falls and other injuries. Loss of consciousness can lead to head injuries and other serious conditions. Loss of consciousness due to excessive alcohol consumption may also occur when a person is driving, which ultimately leads to an accident.
    Warning
    Alcohol can cause problems in a person's family life and work situation. People who suffer from alcoholism may have difficulty retaining a job. Friendships and romantic relationships can suffer due to excessive drinking. Family relationships can become strained. Children of alcoholic parents often suffer from low self-esteem and emotional disorders such as anxiety.

Aww, do you still want to drink? even against your own intuiton? Why - is that logical? It's as if something, some enemy you can't see, is instigating you to drink alcohol

Read more: What Are the Dangers of Alcohol? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_4569634_wh...#ixzz18xEeDgtW
    Why I love driving

People see this as a quick, easy and economical method of transport to get to places that they never used to be able to.
    People drive for the pleasure, to commute, to meet friends etc.
    Driving carries risks that include, injury and death.
    Driving can also put others at risk, for example, passengers of your and other cars.
    People can suffer from long term and even permanent injury and damage including neurological and physical effects.

Basically anything can carry risks and people do it with these in mind. If we didn't do anything because we were too scared of the risks, I think the term 'cotton wool kid' springs to mind.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol can be bad if you drink too much?

No **** Sherlock!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, not you again. You're no fun.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, get off your high horse and get. a. life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    >Implying you can get addicted to cannabis.
    >Prefers rocky over actual marijuana without bits of plastic and other inorganic materials in it.(!!???)

Opinion is invalid.
    Do you think I'm talking about hash? Because I'm not. I'm talking about weed. The type of stuff that if you plant a seed in a warm area & just let it grow. Not sprayed with all types of **** like skunk is. Hash is filthy, please don't insult my intelligence.

And you can become mentally addicted to weed. I have been addicted before. So opinion is valid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.