Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got 4 offers so far, now I'm stuck about which uni to go to?! help please? :)) Watch

ReputationRep:
    goldsmiths or nottingham trent. brunel and huddersfield are ****.
    goldsmiths i would say has the better rep. depending on course. its got good connections in the art/design/architecture/humanities areas.
    also may be being 'bought out' by kings meaning good lecturers and funding going on. yehh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by q1w2e3r4t5y6)
    goldsmiths or nottingham trent. brunel and huddersfield are ****.
    goldsmiths i would say has the better rep. depending on course. its got good connections in the art/design/architecture/humanities areas.
    also may be being 'bought out' by kings meaning good lecturers and funding going on. yehh.
    ok so you're saying brunel is "****" right?

may i ask how exactly, merely research wise or something else?

as far as i'm aware brunel scores the highest on unistats.com with 80% achieving a 2:1 at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    Goldsmiths or Brunel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madieracake)
    ah thanks guys, it's probably gonna be out of brunel and nottingham trent, simply cos i like the idea of the placement year for brunel and i like the nottingham area.

i also got into hertfordshire yesterday, but i'll most likely eliminate that too )
    i like nottingham too :-)
    but what course are you studying? tbh, its not about the reputation of the the uni, its about if you'll enjoy it there. have you visited them? where do you live, and do you want to be close or far away from home?
    there are different campuses at trent depending on what you're studying so you might not be in town. so what course is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollie82)
    i like nottingham too :-)
    but what course are you studying? tbh, its not about the reputation of the the uni, its about if you'll enjoy it there. have you visited them? where do you live, and do you want to be close or far away from home?
    there are different campuses at trent depending on what you're studying so you might not be in town. so what course is it?
    i've applied to do psychology hence why i've posted this thread in the psycho section :P

i haven't visited any of them :O just had a lot of feedback from cousins that went to brunel.

i'm not really fussed about being far from home cos i love the idea of a student life and living independently however, if i do change my mind (before the 5th of may deadline), i always have Goldsmiths uni to turn to. oh yeah and i live in London.

damnnn i didn't know that about nottingham trent!

i guess i'm now certain about Brunel as my firm

just the insurance now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madieracake)
    i've applied to do psychology hence why i've posted this thread in the psycho section :P

i haven't visited any of them :O just had a lot of feedback from cousins that went to brunel.

i'm not really fussed about being far from home cos i love the idea of a student life and living independently however, if i do change my mind (before the 5th of may deadline), i always have Goldsmiths uni to turn to. oh yeah and i live in London.

damnnn i didn't know that about nottingham trent!

i guess i'm now certain about Brunel as my firm

just the insurance now...
    aah yeah, psychology is in the city campus. that's the best campus.
    i can't believe you haven't visited any uni's! you're different from your cousins!!!
    have you at least looked through the websites/prospectuses thoroughly?

ReputationRep:
    in reply to 'maideracake'- its all about personal opinion really isnt it, the reasons why i think brunel is **** are:
    its in uxbridge which isnt really London to be fair, when i was applying it was around the 50 mark on rankings (the times etc) and other places i.e goldsmiths were higher up, it wasnt good for my subject, we used to have a careers fair every year at our school and brunel uni were always there trying to recruit people, no other unis came as it was a careers fair and everyone used to take the piss at how desperate they were to get ppl to go to the uni, hense why it got a bad name in my school, hense why no one went and proabably why i have a bad image of it, also i know a few ppl who went there and they hated it/said it was ****. Generally Goldsmiths and nottingham trent have a better overall rep then brunel and huddersfield.

But its all about your subject and how good your uni is for your course. so if brunel is good for your course then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    See if there are any open days you can go on. If no open days go to the city and have a look round as you will be spending alot of time there.
    I have been to nottingham and its a nice city, big shopping centres and night life i have heard is good.
    Also look at accomodation prices, train ticket prices as you will have to go home sometimes and i have heard the nightlife in huddersfield is rubbish and that you go out in leeds instead.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.