Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    History, English and Economics.

ReputationRep:
    I would say history maybe? Just about anything that's not considered 'mickey mousey' will have Rah's. I'd say the majority would lie in the humanities that aren't entirely vocational. Such as history, philosophy, theology, maybe politics if you don't consider that mickey mousey.

ReputationRep:
    History of Art, Fine Art or The Classics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    From my experience, you tend to get a lot in either the old respected courses like classics, archaeology, etc and in vocational courses that lead you to professional jobs, like medicine, pharmacy, etc.
    Nah, pharmacy is full of asians.

ReputationRep:
    History, Medicine, Economics, Biomedscience, Art History, Theology, Philosophy, English, politics etc

ReputationRep:
    Classics probably has a higher than average number of private school students as most state schools don't offer Latin or Ancient Greek, so it's probably fairly rah-y. None of the people I met at my classics interview seemed that way though, and only a minority at Latin Summer School.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain what the word 'rah' means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    Nah, pharmacy is full of asians.
    Do you have to be white to be a rah?

ReputationRep:
    I do History of Art. It's not that bad, everyone on my course is fab and not remotely pretentious, I think it depends on the uni. When I went to my interview at Leeds I have to admit it was gilet and back-combing central!

Rahology.

ReputationRep:
      Erm, the ultimate is Land Economy (aka how to look after Daddy's estate) at Cambridge. Some serious characters there.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TotalLifeForever)
      Can anyone explain what the word 'rah' means?
      I liked your sign photo, so decided to click on the spoiler thing for the music and OMG I LOVE THIS SONG NOW :heart:

Rah is like another word for prep.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Carpediemxx)
      English is rah heavy too
      Well I am partial to breaking out in song and going

RAH RAH AH AH AH ROMA MA MA GA GA OH LA LA

I suppose this wil get worse when I start my degree next year. :smug:

ReputationRep:
      BA (Hons) Fox Hunting with Applied Nepotism.

ReputationRep:
      whatever princess euginie's doing - so Art History, Politics & English is a prime Rah combo imo

course you'd also have to be at a Rah university cos Rah cannot exist in a vacuum.

full on Economics seems like too much hard work for a proper Rah factor - and it also smacks of vulgar 'trade' donchakno - David Cameron got called 'Pleb' by the Bullingdon Rahs cos there was an ugly rumour one of his ancestors actually worked for a living 300 years ago.

ReputationRep:
      English Lit at my uni is literally crawling with them!

ReputationRep:
      Dentistry, Drama / performing arts, Philosophy xD

ReputationRep:
      What is this obsession with rah? It's getting old.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Shaun1991)
      In my experience Medicine or Economics.
      NO

ReputationRep:
      The people who think its Medicine - you're wrong - the properly rah people do something much shorter (3 rather than 5/6 years) and where they have to make much much less effort.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.