Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i want to sleep at my boyfriends house!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linzikins)
    I don't see the point in sleeping over if your not going to be sleeping in the same bed =/
    Me neither....

"Hey, do you wanna stay at my house tonight?"

"Sure, sounds like fun... It'll be so great being able to talk all night and snuggle!"

"Yeah it will won't it! Only.... it might be difficult for us to talk, considering that my parents want you to sleep in the shed.."

Romantic
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    It's just a parent thing I'm afraid. It will probably still be the same when you're 30!
    I'm allowed to sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend tonight, purely because there's nowhere else for him to sleep as we have a lot of family over.
    Aren't you Christian? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    whats the point if your gonna spend the night in his room alone and hes sleeping on the floor. don't you think that your parents are probablly worried about you losing your varginity because they dont want you to regrate anything later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    Aren't you Christian? :curious:
    Yes. FTR I would never ever ever ever have sex in my parents house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Uh, if you're not even going to be sleeping in the same room, why do you care so much? I don't get what the appeal is for you. :confused:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    Yeah the appeal kind of gets killed if you're not even in the same room :erm: although I used to do this at my ex's house and on occasion we would sneak into the same bed, at the very least we'd fall asleep together then one of us would move and come back in the morning.
    Seemingly there is a progression of some sort that goes on? I wouldn't expect parents to go from not knowing their child is having sex to letting them sleep in the same room as their girl-/boyfriend. With my last boyfriend, at first I was supposed to sleep in his bed, and he'd sleep downstairs. After a while his parents just got used to us sleeping on the living room floor together.

ReputationRep:
    Just respect their wishes you're not an adult yet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yes. FTR I would never ever ever ever have sex in my parents house.
    From your comments though it implied you have been having sex. No offence intended if you didn't.

ReputationRep:
    id shag that ass
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Seemingly there is a progression of some sort that goes on? I wouldn't expect parents to go from not knowing their child is having sex to letting them sleep in the same room as their girl-/boyfriend. With my last boyfriend, at first I was supposed to sleep in his bed, and he'd sleep downstairs. After a while his parents just got used to us sleeping on the living room floor together.
    From your sig, it doesn't seem as if you would have a boyfriend
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Well considering I posted a thread yesterday about having a miscarriage, I can see where the idea came from that I may have indeed had sex at some point.

I don't pretend to be the best Christian ever, but I do my best. And plan to do a lot better from now on, I've learnt my lesson.
    I'm so sorry, I had no idea I hadn't seen that thread, just going on what I saw in D&D and your comments here.

I wasn't attacking you like that sorry I was just being nosy. Hopefully you can recover from that and move on in your faith

ReputationRep:
    You just need to respect your parents wishes OP.

I honestly don't see the point if you aren't sleeping in the same bed. It would be like him leaving last thing at night and coming back first thing. The point of sleeping over is surely sleeping together right ? Talking at night and falling asleep together, Hugging/spooning and then the wonderful experience that is morning breath

The idea of saying your sleeping over at a friend's house seems good. You would need to get the parents on board as well though. That's if you're comforatble not being truthful with your parents, which based on the pill thing you are ok with. I guess we all tell little lies like that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    From your sig, it doesn't seem as if you would have a boyfriend
    last boyfriend. I like both. I need to change my sig abit, Everyone thinks I'm a lesbian.
    • TSR Support Team

Not much you can do under your parents roof, they make the rules so I am afraid you will have to stick to them unless you move out to your own place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glennith)
    What sort of boyfriend do you have that lets you take the floor!?

RIP chivalry.
    it'd be a bit weird if he slept in her parents room with them

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: you just have to suck it up until you leave home I guess. sorry x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i started going out with my boyfriend dan in august, we had sex soon after (had known him for three years before and been close to him for a long time) here i am, 4 and a half months later, asking my parents if i can sleep at his house, he will be sleeping in his parents room floor and i will be in his room.... my parents still wont let me sleep round! they say they feel uncomfortable with it....... im 17.. and am on both the pill and the implant, however my parents dont know we've even had sex, never mind the pill and the implant stuff.......

how can i convince my parents to let me?!

also, he has already slept at my house once, and i slept on my parents floor and he was in my room....

my parents are really old fashioned, and my older sister who is 22 is incredibly... perfect daughter ish.. never asked to do anything that may even cause my parents to think, and has never had a boyfriend. -.-
    Simples.. just don't tell them?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, seriously, get over it. It's not that big a deal, and you'll get plenty of time to sleep over with your boyfriend when you move out. University halls...no real enforced rules on having someone stay over.

ask your mum to phone his mum so she can be reassured you will be seperate during the night maybe?

dont worry my parents dont even know i have a boyfriend...they would flip...i <3 being free at uni where they cant do anything!

ReputationRep:
      I just used to complain to my mum how it sucked we couldn't even finish watching a film together, because one of us had to go home, and I just wanted to spend more time with him.

I also said I was staying in his sisters room which was a bit of a fib... It took like a year for her to let me though. I think it's just a parent thing.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.