Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone who used to play Halo 3? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed Halo 3, it was a remarkable game when it was released back in 2007.

I like Reach but it doesn't seem much of an upgrade to Halo 3 considering it's a three year gap.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but only Campaign mode - I've never had live. Once I was so bored I set myself the challenge of completing it on Legendary without dying - only made it to the third level, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Halo 3 was the pinnacle of shooter games.

The graphics were elegant and crisp.

There were just the right amount of weapons.

Everyone starting in the same situation made for compeition over guns.

You could recover from bad situations.

The voice of the voice over man was prefection.

ReputationRep:
    Got xbox live 12 months for xmas and im playing it right now..need to get to my level.. in the 11's at the moment and its sooo easy, last game i finished at 25 and the person behind me had 8... im no 50 though and i doubt everyone saying they are is one lol, highest i got was a 50 yes but im more around the 43 - 47 level

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep what were your 50's in?

I had 50's in MLG, TS, TD, and swat. TD and mlg were 100% legit and the other two I play with a booster account, but both boosters were bad so I had to carry them lol.

I had a 48 in snipes and 47 in LW but reach came out by the time I was good enough to get 50's in them. I was 44 or something in mythic brawl too but that sucked. 35 in squad battle too and I could never find games lol.

What was your gamertag dubstep - its quite likely ive heard of you if you're from the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see there are some H3 lovers out there

My 50s were in SWAT, TD, TS, Snipers, MLG and LW.

I was mostly on my SWAT booster account, deranking/boosting to try and keep it no. 1, GT: ChiN GoT BaNNeD.

ReputationRep:
    I could never get onto live. Just kept sayin it couldn't connect to halo servers. I think it was router problems not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstep.)
    Captn Hooch you forgot

"Lost the lead"

"Gained the lead"

"Tied the leader"

"Slayerrrr"

"New Zombie"

Double Kill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapnHooch)
    Double Kill!
    Triple Kill!

Overkill!

Killtacular!

Killtrocity!

Killamanjaro!

Well that's as far as I got in ranked

ReputationRep:
    Triple Kill!

Overkill!

Killtacular!

Killtrocity!

Killamanjaro!

Well that's as far as I got in ranked
    Beastly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    Got xbox live 12 months for xmas and im playing it right now..need to get to my level.. in the 11's at the moment and its sooo easy, last game i finished at 25 and the person behind me had 8... im no 50 though and i doubt everyone saying they are is one lol, highest i got was a 50 yes but im more around the 43 - 47 level
    Everyone can get carried to a level 50. I managed to carry a level 21 captain grade 3 to a 50, and he went at least negative 6 every game =/. For the 2/3 years I played it, it never got boring and there was always something to do. COD for me got boring after half an hour and was based on guns rather than skill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    No they can't. Team work is essential; having a poor player at level 48-50 will lose you the game 9 times out of 10.
    Haha trust me, I was a Swat booster and the amount of times that happened was unbelievable. Its possible in Team Slayer and Doubles but idk about MLG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    First, you're a ****ing loser for deranking and spoiling the game.

Second, I was obviously talking about carrying someone LEGIT, not with a booster.
    Does it even make a difference, Ive done both, looks like someone has been deranked on many times. Anyways I only deranked from the level range 1-10 and like I said, I haven't played this game in like 6 months. Getting a bit emosh over the internet mate.

ReputationRep:
    =/ acting like I was the only deranker haha, and how do you even know if I have or not. W/e moving on....

ReputationRep:
    I thought Halo was decent but I particularly didn't enjoy walking around for ages and the hideous aimers. It was no where near as good as COD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK471993)
    I thought Halo was decent but I particularly didn't enjoy walking around for ages and the hideous aimers. It was no where near as good as COD.
    Halo takes much more skill than COD. I played COD for the first time walking around with an RPD I think, and was killing everyone. When I first played H3 I was crap and eventually got better. I never god bored with H3 Online whilst with COD I got bored after 30mins - 1hr.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see there are some H3 lovers out there

My 50s were in SWAT, TD, TS, Snipers, MLG and LW.

I was mostly on my SWAT booster account, deranking/boosting to try and keep it no. 1, GT: ChiN GoT BaNNeD.
    I think I remember you. Did you used to play with GB? Cos I used to play with him a fair bit and as soon as I saw your gamertag it reminded me of him.

Anyway I played a little Halo 3 recently, which is why I found my way to this thread. Brought back so many memories. The game is almost dead though. Some playlists like SWAT barely have enough players for it to be worth searching for a game in the middle of the week. It's a shame.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.