Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will you drink too much over the festive period? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    probably not, possibly on one day I suppose but even then I'll keep it in check, as in not become drunk to the extent I forget what happened or I'm sick.
    ouch a thumbs down! Pffft...

ReputationRep:
    I lack the ability to do anything in moderation, so i won't be drinking at all this Christmas, me drunk around family sounds like a recipe for disaster. probably be embarrassing myself spectacularly new years, even though i don't really drink any more the idea of being sober on new years is too depressing to experience.

ReputationRep:
    Not deliberately.

ReputationRep:
    at christmas parties and going out.. yeah. on christmas day with the family.. no.

ReputationRep:
    No, not this year. Not going out anywhere and I don't feel like sitting at home on my own getting pissed. That's no fun.

ReputationRep:
    Will I drink too much over ____________________?

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there are some good deals on spirits at the moment.
    Jamesons, Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort are just some, or perhaps a nice single malt or scotch

ReputationRep:
    No, I dont drink

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm not a drinker! Champagne at a push....that's it xD
    I'm usually on the J20's :P

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe how many no's there are! I intend to make full drunken use of the next two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    god, even jesus needs a birthday drink!

i started last friday with works x-mas do, continued till monday with a wedding and mates coming back from uni just means more beer!

(where can i buy a spare liver from? i think mines going to be damedged soon XD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Simply thinking about the next couple of weeks makes me want to whitey more than a dog full of Bountys.
    How have you managed to confuse the effects of drinking too much, and smoking too much ganja? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salty_candy)
    I lack the ability to do anything in moderation, so i won't be drinking at all this Christmas, me drunk around family sounds like a recipe for disaster. probably be embarrassing myself spectacularly new years, even though i don't really drink any more the idea of being sober on new years is too depressing to experience.
    I find the idea of being drunk on new years depressing! I don't drink, and I can't say I'm bothered - happy liver, cheaper etc. Plus, as others have said, even if I did drink I wouldn't over Christmas because I'll be with my family, none of whom drink much.

ReputationRep:
    We bought 7 bottles of cava yesterday and a bottle of sambucca. There's only 3 of us... :|

ReputationRep:
    Of course, how else am I meant to deal with my family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    I find the idea of being drunk on new years depressing! I don't drink, and I can't say I'm bothered - happy liver, cheaper etc. Plus, as others have said, even if I did drink I wouldn't over Christmas because I'll be with my family, none of whom drink much.
    i just don't know what i'd do on new years if i wasn't drinking, everyone i know will be drinking, and i find it completely impossible to put up with drunk people when i'm sober, i'd end up wanting to kill them all if i was sober

ReputationRep:
    Invariably. Xmas in the sun is different to xmas at home though. Xmas eve and Xmas day are big nights out!!

ReputationRep:
    I will drink a couple of times, but dont plan to get very drunk.

ReputationRep:
    It's Christmas... Thus no amount of alcohol is too much

However, mine will probably be a cumulative steady drinking starting tomorrow and culminating in a bit finale on NYE!

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. I don't drink much anyway

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.