Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What will you be having for X-mas dinner? watch

ReputationRep:
    Goose
    ...so long as we can get to the farm to pick it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldscollide)
    What?! :confused:
    aka sausages wrapped up in bacon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    Goose
    ...so long as we can get to the farm to pick it up.

Had Goose last year. Didn't like it much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    aka sausages wrapped up in bacon.
    Ohhhhhh those lol
    I love those!

ReputationRep:
    Had Goose last year. Didn't like it much.
    Personal choice I suppose! We have goose every year and I absolutely adore it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm veggie so my Mum's making me stuffed peppers along with the traditional veg. I'm never had them home made before, I'm quite excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    Personal choice I suppose! We have goose every year and I absolutely adore it.
    Yeah, I admit I am boring, for me there is nothing like chicken.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I admit I am boring, for me there is nothing like chicken.
    It took me years to like chicken :p: even when I was eating goose. I'd only eat chicken if forced to.
    Goose is just so succulent :love: the only problem is the fat in the air makes your eyes sting, so we all wander round the house like we're crying.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey, veg, stuffing, gravy and pigs in blankets, sooo nice

ReputationRep:
    Starter: Melon and Parma Ham

Main: Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Roast Potatoes, Carrots, Brussel Sprouts, Green Beans, Pigs in Blankets, Yorkshire Puddings, Gravy, Bread Sauce, Cranberry Sauce

Desert: My Mum's Xmas Pudding which is amazing and Brandy Cream

Needless to say I won't be eating again until New Year

ReputationRep:
    crispy aromatic duck with hoi sin sauce, pancakes, cucumber and spring onion

most likely followed by indulging in excessive amounts of chocolate etc

ReputationRep:
    veggies so;
    veggie pie with veg, roast pataoes, stuffing, gravy

ReputationRep:
    I'm a vegetarian, so quorn instead of meat. And then all the usual stuff, roast potatoes etc.

ReputationRep:
    I try and watch the calories most of the time but dieting on christmas is just sad ...it's the one day of the year when you are officially allowed to stuff your face and noone can judge...

ReputationRep:
    The Full Hit - I'm making it this year.

Starter: Melon boats.

Main: Turkey, ham, bacon wrapped sausages, Yorkshire puds., sprouts, honey-roast parsnips, roast 'tatoes, carrots, chestnuts, stuffing, peas, gravy on absolutely ma-housive plates.

Afters: Christmas pudding, many Irish coffees and an unimaginable amount of chocolate and drink.

Beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    OP seriously, just pig out! :p:

The general rule is 3500 calories over/under what your body needs = 1 pound in weight.

You could eat 6000 calories on christmas day with the dinner/chocolates/pudding etc and put on a whole ONE pound on.

You probably wouldn't even get near 6000 calories, just eat what you want, its christmas

ReputationRep:
    A nice Turkey roast dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Melon and parma ham.
    Turkey, cranberry sauce, new potatoes, peas, carrots and gravy.
    My mum's epic Baileys tiramisu and raspberry Amaretto cheesecake...

ReputationRep:
    Three bird roast, yummy.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell OP? To put it into perspective, I'm in a pretty crap place with my recovery from anorexia at the moment (pretty much relapsing) and I'm planning to eat more than you on Xmas day! If you can't eat on Christmas day when the hell can you? Granted I'll probably pay for it in terms of a mental breakdown and renewed restricting afterwards (obviously I hope not!) but I've always vowed not to let my food issues ruin Christmas! Eat whatever the hell you want! Basically the point of this tangent is to tell you it's Christmas! Seriously, stop the dieting for one day! It won't kill you and you're not going to gain weight from one day of eating a bit more than usual.

Anyway, I'm having a mushroom and chestnut pie, the usual veg, stuffing for dinner. Will probably have apple crumble for dessert. I bought vegan ice cream but I forgot I don't actually like it so my mum can have it! Um... will probably have lots of chocolate if last year was anything to go by! I fancy pecan pie so I'll probably bake some pecan pie bars so I can regulate how much I'm having! Will have mulled non alcoholic wine too! I'm having a minor anxiety attack at the mere thought of all the food I will be ingesting, it's probably more than I've had for the past few months but **** it! Not going to let my life be ruled by fear! I'm also not going to let the day end without me having my first slice of cake in years! Last Christmas was an absolute nightmare, so I at least want to pretend I can be normal and stuff my face even though I'm shaking inside at the thought.

My motto for 2011 is **** it. I'm not going to define myself by how much I weigh or how much I eat. No one else cares, they want me to be healthy and happy. So **** not eating what I want on Christmas day! I might freak out but it will be worth it if I get to allow myself nice food for one day and not worry about the sugar or fat or wonder if having liquid calories will make me balloon the next day. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track on the days afterwards
    and not get myself in a position where I'm ill and hysterical. Christmas is a time to eat, drink and be merry with your family. Why faff about worrying about calories on that day? Watch crap TV and deal with the consequences in the new year (the media exaggerate weight gain over Christmas anyway!)
    :rant:
    /rant

Sorry! I'm not very good at being concise!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.