Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever sworn at your parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No it is disrespectful.

ReputationRep:
    Nopes, im not a brat.

ReputationRep:
    I do it accidently sometimes, swearing isn't a big thing in my family though

ReputationRep:
    I'd swear in general conversation with my mum, and maybe in a joking way if insulting her, but never if I'm actually angry with her....

ReputationRep:
    I swear infront of them, but that's not the same as swearing at them, which I wouldn't do. I have respect for my parents.

ReputationRep:
    If I so much as whispered a swear word in this house I'd be KO'd by my own mother...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    To be honest, I'd never dare. I was already nearly skinned alive by calling my mother 'you' and referring to her as 'her' in my native language because it's considered really rude and disrespectful. Maybe I'd try dropping in a few swear words in other languages, but there's no mistaking the tone, right? :lol:
    are you indian

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I've never sworn in front of any of my family. Does that make me boring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    Where'd you find the guts to? i'd be killed right there an then for even uttering a curseword under my breath at them. what did they do when you did that
    In certain situations, yes. I don't make a habit of it though, I think it's very rude and disrespectful, but I have done when I've been very angry with them. Myself and my father have quite firey temprements, so arguments between us can get pretty heated. I've only done it because I know it really winds him up. He likes me to be his well behanved, innocent, polite little daughter, so when I say something like "****ing hell you're so annoying", he gets really wound up lol.

What I generally do is mutter foreign swear words - that way you release the anger and no one gets offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    Where'd you find the guts to? i'd be killed right there an then for even uttering a curseword under my breath at them. what did they do when you did that
    Seeing as I'm still alive...no, I have never sworn at my parents.

ReputationRep:
    I don't swear at home, at all. Swearing at my parents would be awful, oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, loads of times.

ReputationRep:
    I told my dad to **** off during an argument. It didn't go down to well. He didn't speak to me for a week lol.

But yeah, I swear in front of my parents all the time.

ReputationRep:
    i'd get my eyeballs scratched out if i did.

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    No, never, it's disrespectful.

ReputationRep:
    Never at my Dad, once I said 'crap' in front of him when I was younger and my left arsecheek has never been the same since.

I swear in conversation sometimes in front of my Mum, but I don't think I've ever swore at her.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I've ever sworn AT them (in a vicious way, at least) - in front of them, all the time, but as long as its not in front of the younger sibs, they don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    are you indian
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.