Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WHY ON EARTH do you aim so high in your studies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Work hard now and it will pay off in terms of money and a career later.
    not necessarily.

especially if you're doing something like Media at Thames Valley.

ReputationRep:
    because what i study interests me. That's why I'm learning.

ReputationRep:
    I aim for high marks in my studies because when I get a well deserved grade it makes me feel incredibly happy, plus I like studying and finding out new things you didn't know before.

ReputationRep:
    wooooooow! great responses!

ReputationRep:
    Because its good.

ReputationRep:
    Uni is pointless

ReputationRep:
    money
    good life
    good friends
    have something to do in your spare time.
    simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.student)
    money -
    good life -
    good friends -
    have something to do in your spare time.
    simples.

money - 21K starting salary plus a debt? When I'm nearly earning that at 16, and will soon be getting a promotion, rioooghhht.
    good life - Have that already
    good friends - Have those
    have something to do in your spare time. - Have that

ReputationRep:
    It's not about the grades, it's not really about the money or anything. I don't care about the products of success. I just want to prove to myself that I tried the hardest at everything I wanted to, despite any hardships that may arise. It's a means by which humans can express character-excellence as it involves determination, passion, overcoming obstacles etc.

So it's not about what you study, where you study, it's about giving your all in every situation you face.

One good reason is the thirst for knowledge......................t he losers usually become cold call salesmen (aka the most hated persons to walk the earth).

ReputationRep:
      you want to become rice!

ReputationRep:
      doing well comes very easily to me, it takes only one re-read and i can average first class, so it makes sense that i will aim high to make the best of that academic inclination

next doing well really does help in getting noticed when it comes to job prospects and it does give you an added advantage

and as someone said- MONEY

ReputationRep:
      I Do It For The Lulz... and for the money XD

ReputationRep:
      I want to make sure I end up doing something I love, and which will keep me financially stable of course.

Plus I like to learn, and I love the student life. The thought of not being a student is depressing.

ReputationRep:
      the inbetweeners, series 3, a trip to warwick.

ReputationRep:
      Social mobility.

I don't want to struggle for money when I'm older.

Not that I'm poor or anything, just my parents are decidedly at the bottom end of the wage scale. I'd like the chance to earn a 'middle-class' living for myself and future family.

ReputationRep:
      People aim high to to aim for better jobs with better pay and better partners.

Aiming high shouldn't be about your studies. It should be a way of life.

Although I didn't aim high in education, Practical knowledge and connections get you to the money and girls much quicker and in better style.

ReputationRep:
      My dad's Asian and recently I had to have a blood test.

Turns out my blood type is B positive, my dad told me come back when I got an A.

ReputationRep:
      I do it for me, not for recognition or acceptance. I want to test my personal limits, both physically and mentally. If I haven't pushed myself to the absolute maximum then I can never be happy.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Liam_G)
      :lies:
      lol

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.