10.00%
    Beef
    11.18%
    Chicken
    11.18%
    Venison
    1.18%

ReputationRep:
    We're having Goose! Looking forward to it as I can't remember what it tastes like...

Agree with the sentiment that turkey is a pretty dry, bland meat. If you buy it normally in supermarkets (as steaks, fillets, diced etc) it's just the poor man's chicken as it's quite a bit cheaper. I always suspect the 'tradition' of eating turkey at christmas is something that was cooked up by the turkey industry to actually make their meat in demand for a change!

ReputationRep:
    We're having turkey this year for the first time, since we have chicken every Sunday, along with a massive gammon joint.
    Our family doesn't cook on boxing day, it's like a tradition for us, left overs ftw =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)
    I don't see the point in products such as quorn, if you don't want to eat meat why do you want to eat something that vaguely resembles and tastes like meat, when i was veggie a few years back i didn't try and find substitutes I just didn't eat meat xD
    ah well different strokes for different folks.

I do eat meat now though, except pork products.
    but yeah it's not nice stuff, tofu can be nice sometimes.
    I think Quorn makes for easy group cooking. I'm the only veggie in my household so if for example, my mum was making sausage casserole for her, my dad and brother, she could then easily use Quorn/other veggie sausages in my portion. I know that there is then the argument that I could just have casserole without the sausage, but it makes me feel more included. It also helps in getting protein easily without needing to use lots of fresh protein rich vegetables and lentils all the time.

I've tried tofu in a Chinese takeaway a few times and it had the texture of sponge! Definitely not my thing...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noam Chomsky)
    Personally I'd opt for Goose, but would settle for Beef.

Didn't include Gammon because I presume many of you, por moi, have Gammon on boxing day?

For the veggies I've included nothing, because you aren't real people
    French spelling of pour has a u in...you however mean "comme"

However I highly agree with your last point!

To all those saying they find turkey dry, they've obv never had well cooked turkey! I find it moist and succulent :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)

To all those saying they find turkey dry, they've obv never had well cooked turkey! I find it moist and succulent :coma:
    This, we only have turkey once a year, so it's a nice change really.
    plus turkey and stuffing :coma:

ReputationRep:
    gotta be turkey :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Well, it seems like my family are a bunch of pigs. This year we have turkey, beef, gammon and goose. We cook it all on christmas day, and cold cuts for days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    Turkey but I'd love to try goose. Though that's probably a bit too exotic for my house. :mmm:
    I know what you mean.. I was telling my family about how I ate frog legs in France once and they were like "EEEEEEEEEEWWWW!!" Boring people.

ReputationRep:
    Its Christmas so.... Turkey!!! =)

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised not many people have beef!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    I'm surprised not many people have beef!
    You can have beef any time of the year, whereas turkey is mainly only found in shops at Christmas! I am making the most of this by having four different full Christmas dinners this year! Already had 2, 2 to go!

ReputationRep:
    arent real people lol... very mean

ReputationRep:
    Chicken.
    Or more precisely, one of Marks & Spencer's chicken meals which you just pop in the oven.
    Same thing we've had for Christmas for the past billion years.

I get the feeling that my parents don't like change...

ReputationRep:
    Pigeon.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey...we had a goose last year and it was a bit disappointing really. And on boxing day we have beef wellington :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    I know what you mean.. I was telling my family about how I ate frog legs in France once and they were like "EEEEEEEEEEWWWW!!" Boring people.
    Frogs legs? Too far! :talkhand:

ReputationRep:
    I've never had goose, what's it like? I can imagine it being a bit like duck, and tasting a bit like fishy chicken like duck does :yucky:

I'd eat any meat and not complain, or even nut roast. Just not turkey, I don't like that either.

ReputationRep:
    i'm vegetarian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I've never had goose, what's it like? I can imagine it being a bit like duck, and tasting a bit like fishy chicken like duck does :yucky:

I'd eat any meat and not complain, or even nut roast. Just not turkey, I don't like that either.
    When we had it last year it the ratio of fat:meat was pretty disappointing, and it's quite an expensive meat. From what I remember it had a slightly gamy taste, so I'm not sure if you'd like it if you don't like duck :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    We've always had turkey, just tradition.

Though I do prefer, lamb, pork & chicken all more than turkey in general

Not that turkey is horrible or anything but it's not like I really get a choice anyways :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.