Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys stare at me alot but never smile? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're staring at them first, to see if they're staring at you and smiling - might freak them out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take it as a compliment, they are probably too busy staring to think about their facial expressions!

ReputationRep:
    You're probably really pretty, in an intimidating way, guys might feel like you're out of their league? I dunno

Smile back, see what happens! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I've a big nose - plenty of people stare
    :jumphug: How do you know it's at your nose?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's coz you're so fit it's distracting / intimidating to smile... complaint of many a stunning girl.

PS. This only applies if you are hot. Otherwise, I dunno. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Guys you find attractive/hot who stare, look or smile= :flutter:

Guys who you dont find attractive at all who stare and smile= Creepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    I'd say it's coz you're so fit it's distracting / intimidating to smile... complaint of many a stunning girl.

PS. This only applies if you are hot. Otherwise, I dunno. :dontknow:
    ok so i get men staring at me a fair bit, but they dont smile. ive been told im attractive (not that i see it) but intimidating on many occasions now. I just dont get the realtion between attractiveness and being intimidating. explain please its been bugging me for ages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alissasantiago)
    :jumphug: How do you know it's at your nose?
    There's nothing else that is abnormal about me, in my opinion, at least. Pretty sure it's my nose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GildedButterfly)
    ok so i get men staring at me a fair bit, but they dont smile. ive been told im attractive (not that i see it) but intimidating on many occasions now. I just dont get the realtion between attractiveness and being intimidating. explain please its been bugging me for ages!
    Sounds like my presumption was correct then.

How can you not get it? :confused: If you were to see a really, really attractive guy (say he was famous too etc.), would you be as confident in approaching him as you would be in approaching a guy friend of yours? Of course not, and that feeling is intimidation. Almost every guy feels it when it comes to super-hot girls, which is why sometimes such girls are all alone for periods of time at parties etc. until some confident players come in and make a move lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahaaaay)
    Maybe they're too busy licking their lips?
    YIDOOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alissasantiago)
    Why would that make them stare? :lolwut:
    Well, if you saw a girl with a nose the size of the eiffel tower, you'd take a peek.

For allI know,the OPis a beautiful girl.

ReputationRep:
    I often make eye contact with girls but don't smile. I forget

And/or it seems creepy.

ReputationRep:
    They stare because they think you're attractive but they don't have the balls to approach you and open their mouth and say something. They don't smile because they're afraid that if they smile at you, you won't smile back or they worry how else you'll react.

Most men in society are like this in this day and age. Real men who actually dare to approach girls they're attracted to and be honest with them that they're attracted to them are rare.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you have something on your face?

ReputationRep:
    I like the non smilers, it does something for me.

ReputationRep:
    They're undressing you with their eyes

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a mole that looks like Fred Astair?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.