Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You Had The Money - would you study abroad? Watch

• View Poll Results: If You Had The Money - would you study abroad?
    Results hidden until poll closes.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I'm applying to US universities for 2011... all paid for by my parents.

Edit: Negged because my parents are rich?

**** off...

ReputationRep:
    WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH TO SEE RESULTS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 1111111111111111111111oneoneelev en

I'd do it for the life experience

ReputationRep:
    Harvard :sogood:

Or UCLA :coma: One of my best friends went there this september, it looks like an amazing uni. Plus he's surrounded by hot californian chicks wanting to make it in hollywood.

hollywood :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I would enjoy studying abroad but I would definitely like to live abroad one day.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do my undergrad in the UK and then do an LLM in the US.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I studied abroad in England before, but it didn't cost a fortune and scholarships helped. Planning on earning a masters in England next September.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, I would be like MIT & Harvard here I come! And I'd spend the summer in Miami and LA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Yea, I'm applying to US universities for 2011... all paid for by my parents.
    Wow, where are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckyleony)
    If You Had The Money - would you study abroad? Whether you were given the money for free, won it in a prize, or became wealthy are maybe you already do have the money. Why or why not
    Well, I'm Polish so I'm technically studying abroad :awesome:

Moneyz from loanz

ReputationRep:
    I'd love the opportunity to. The UK is only so much fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King-Panther)
    Wow, where are you applying?
    New york university
    Boston uni
    Boston college
    UCLA
    George Washington University
    USC
    Berkeley

Some others, I think...

ReputationRep:
    New york university
    Boston uni
    Boston college
    UCLA
    George Washington University
    USC
    Berkeley

Some others, I think...
    UCLA and Berkeley :yep:

ReputationRep:
    UCLA and Berkeley :yep:
    Unfortunately, I probably won't get into those two... but, USC is in California and apparently the girls there are insanely HOT!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I probably won't get into those two... but, USC is in California and apparently the girls there are insanely HOT!
    Why don't you think you'll get in?? Yeah, cali is cali.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you think you'll get in?? Yeah, cali is cali.
    Californian universities are so biased towards Californian residents... and they're hard to get into anyway... I've got a chance, albeit a slim one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future Doc)
    Yep. I'd be in UCLA or BC university so fast.
    the area around UCLA is really ghetto. my parents wouldn't even let my apply there. just sayin'. LA is general is ghetto, though.

Californian universities are so biased towards Californian residents... and they're hard to get into anyway... I've got a chance, albeit a slim one.
    yeah, UCs (UCLA, UC Berkeley, etc) are hella hard to get into even just for cali residents cause of all the budget cuts and such, so your chances of getting in are slim. even in california, if you live close to the UC then there's a better chance you'll get in than people in cali who live far from the UC. so, if you live in LA, you have a better chance of getting into there than you would Berkeley. and LA and Berkeley are the hardest ones to get into, so good luck with that.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot more are going to consider studying aboard due to this recent tuition fees thing. 9k GBP Epic lolz. It's all good.

ReputationRep:
    France, at a push. Everywhere else: certainly not. Particularly not the US.

Next academic year in the US if my exams go well this January. Plus I'd like to go there for post-grad as well.

ReputationRep:
      I would like to study postgrad in Australia...but alas i don't have the funds!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.