The Student Room Group

Received 5 offers--how do I apply to other universities?

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if this adjustment thing existed in 2008? Because if it did I could totally have gone to higher ranked Uni lol. I'd never heard of it though.
This thread has just piqued my interest. :p:

EDIT: Answered. Ta, TheSownRose.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Blueflare
Does anyone know if this adjustment thing existed in 2008? Because if it did I could totally have gone to higher ranked Uni lol. I'd never heard of it though.
This thread has just piqued my interest. :p:

It didn't - brought in for 2009.
Original post by frequent_flyer
Why don't you just GO to one of the universities? It's so tough to get a place this year I think it'd be ridiculous to go for adjustment or extra and potentially end up with nowhere to go and ridiculous tuition fees to pay next year.

That is a terrible reason to go to a university.
Reply 23
Original post by kbountra
I couldn't find any universities on a similar level to the ones you have offers from....there were spaces like Hull and Plymouth remaining. Is Sheffield your first choice by any chance cos it's one of the unis I'm considering to put down as my firm atm?

Yes it pretty likely i will firm it (although i'm a bit apprehensive), but after everything i've heard about the city & the uni it seems fantastic and i can't wait to go an visit it. What course are you intending on doing there? & out of pure curiosity why Sheffield?
Original post by TheSownRose
That is a terrible reason to go to a university.

Not if it's the only opportunity you're going to get.
Original post by Ree-Shay
Yes it pretty likely i will firm it (although i'm a bit apprehensive), but after everything i've heard about the city & the uni it seems fantastic and i can't wait to go an visit it. What course are you intending on doing there? & out of pure curiosity why Sheffield?

I'm going to be studying Biochemistry. The department at Sheffield appeals to me because the course is particularly interesting there plus it has a top reputation (ranked 3rd by the Times for Biosciences). I've never actually been to the city itself but I've heard that there is loads to do, the people are really friendly and the student union is one of the best in the country. The student villages also look fantastic so you get a bit of a campus feel in a city environment.
Not if it's the only opportunity you're going to get.

But it's not.
But it's not.

It would be if there were no places available through extra or adjustment, and couldn't afford to reapply after tuition fees go up.
It would be if there were no places available through extra or adjustment, and couldn't afford to reapply after tuition fees go up.

Getting really fed up of seeing comments about not being able to afford the tuition fees. It will put you in more student debt, but everyone can afford them seeing as you don't have to pay anything.
Reply 29
Getting really fed up of seeing comments about not being able to afford the tuition fees. It will put you in more student debt, but everyone can afford them seeing as you don't have to pay anything.

Just get your degree and emigrate to somewhere with better weather and sod the taxpayer and everyone else.
Original post by Potiron
Just get your degree and emigrate to somewhere with better weather and sod the taxpayer and everyone else.

The ol' sun's been too hot on me neck these last few years, and me tax ain't buying any relief from the heat. Guess I'll just stay sweltering in this here saloon, just waitin' for the day to end...
Reply 31

or take a few gap years to save up then go, or try the OU and work at the same time...
Reply 32
You can opt for Extra which opens in February (methinks), but the question is whether there will be decent unis.

I wouldn't second the others' opinions about going anywhere but taking a gap year and then paying high fees though - the loans are accessible and I think it's a nonsense to study in a place you dislike.

Quick Reply

Latest