Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everyone is getting ill.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Had a cough and sinusitis for weeks, it's horrible
    but yeah, pretty much everyone I know has been ill this year.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a flu, it's something more, something really dangerous...

*Groaning and footsteps coming up the stairs*

I better get the shotgun!

ReputationRep:
    I had my flu jab earlier this week, so now I'm pretty much immortal against any illness :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Travelled to New York for a month and a half and I was completely immune to any form of viral illness get. Just came back to S***land and BANG...I've now got a cold :'(

There's something this country isn't telling us :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I've been working in a hospital since July and I haven't been ill once! I think I've built up immunity to EVERYTHING.

ReputationRep:
    This is so true, Im usually well all year then christmas does it to me! A few years ago I got shingles over christmas, and this year Ive got chronic toothache =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    Technically it does help. If you wrap up, with gloves and a scarf. The scarf acts as an epic barrier against germs flying around, and the gloves mean you dont put your fingers in your mouth when germs are on them.
    hadn't thought of that haha, good point! but the act of actually getting the virus from being cold, naaaah :P

(Original post by 4TSR)
    Funny... It doesn't make me feel cold.. :sexface:
    niiice. but then I am a girl, and i don't lean that way, so it just bugs me :P

christmas + ill + uni work = sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameraGirl)
    hadn't thought of that haha, good point! but the act of actually getting the virus from being cold, naaaah :P

niiice. but then I am a girl, and i don't lean that way, so it just bugs me :P

christmas + ill + uni work = sucks
    Maybe just jealous because you don't have the legs for skirts?

As for Xmas... I have so much to do and I have been ill for almost a week... it's just so not pleasant I want to start doing work so I can relax later...

ReputationRep:
    I'm ill all year round but since I got to uni it's been so much worse. I think I've had 3 or 4 really bad colds since the start of October, and I was in bed with the flu the whole last week of uni. I'm still recovering from a bad cold and no doubt I'll have this until I go back.

I'm wondering whether it could be an allergy? Can anyone shed any light on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Maybe just jealous because you don't have the legs for skirts?

As for Xmas... I have so much to do and I have been ill for almost a week... it's just so not pleasant I want to start doing work so I can relax later...
    thank you for that, little bit rude no? I may not have the best legs, but yes i can wear short skirts, and do, but not with barely anything else, and in this weather! that's just pointless and idiotic to freeze to death for the sake of showing too much skin.

yeah i've been ill for 2 months and nothing can be done about it, got nooo energy, constantly dizzy and get shakey and really bad stomach pains and headaches, and constantly groggy and sometimes can barely move from tiredness. plus the uni work, shouldn'thave chosen such a difficult uni course worth it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameraGirl)
    thank you for that, little bit rude no? I may not have the best legs, but yes i can wear short skirts, and do, but not with barely anything else, and in this weather! that's just pointless and idiotic to freeze to death for the sake of showing too much skin.

yeah i've been ill for 2 months and nothing can be done about it, got nooo energy, constantly dizzy and get shakey and really bad stomach pains and headaches, and constantly groggy and sometimes can barely move from tiredness. plus the uni work, shouldn'thave chosen such a difficult uni course worth it though
    Rude? I was hoping you get mad and try and prove me wrong by posting pics up :sexface: lonely nights brings out the nasties...

Two months?! for the past few days I have had crazy headaches and shivering, stomachaches and unbearable chest coughs... If I had that for two months I would cry my self to death! I have so much work to do though, that's the real problem... Have you done any work at all whilst ill? I haven't and I couldn't. I guess I'm a softie

ReputationRep:
    I've been ill since sunday and it's REALLY PISSING ME OFF because, typically, I was fine for the entire semester, despite two of my housemates hacking all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you guys wash your hands properly.

ReputationRep:
    I have the god damn flu. I want to rip my head from my body. I can't even suffer in relative comfort, my neck aches in every position and my head is pulsating with the myriad of pains I seem to have. Sob sob, woe woe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    I've been working in a hospital since July and I haven't been ill once! I think I've built up immunity to EVERYTHING.
    lucky bugger ive been fine all year, 2 months into my placement and im in bed with cold/flu :mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Rude? I was hoping you get mad and try and prove me wrong by posting pics up :sexface: lonely nights brings out the nasties...

Two months?! for the past few days I have had crazy headaches and shivering, stomachaches and unbearable chest coughs... If I had that for two months I would cry my self to death! I have so much work to do though, that's the real problem... Have you done any work at all whilst ill? I haven't and I couldn't. I guess I'm a softie
    ahaah okthen :P nice effort! i don't get mad easily, but you're out of luck, i don't do that anyway, wouldn't, and my boyfriend is on here somewhere lol doubt he'd be impressed!

yeaaah the doctors reckon it could be some type of anemia but my red blood count is fine so they dont really know and i need moreblood tests frustrating when its gone on so long and i can't do anything about it haha. sometimes i feel better but just a bit dizzy and lacking energy. done 5 hours of work today, my course is demanding and this project is 10 pages plus computer programming codes which are ridiculous (for me, anyway, hate computer programming ), but i've been avoiding it mostly :P don't have much choice but to do it, the course is so demanding and if i want to go to america for my 3rd year then i have to get minimum 50% in everything, plus i want a first :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    lucky bugger ive been fine all year, 2 months into my placement and im in bed with cold/flu :mad::mad:
    My contract ends in January two days before my 18th, and I know I'll catch something on my final day .

My whole family have been fine this year *touch wood*. In fact, I don't think I've had Christmas cancelled due to illness for about 12 years now :party:

If you get ill, please cover your mouth and wash your hands as often as possible. Nothing worse than being absolutely fine, getting on a bus one day and somebody goes out of their way to hack all over the place with zero attempt at hygiene.

ReputationRep:
      OMG I know!!I thought it was something going around in my area.
      Oh and apparently swine flu is back.

ReputationRep:
      One family member has swine flu, another has foot-and-mouth, it's like a total media cliche. Three other family members also have colds.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.