Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New girlfriend and Christmas Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If I were a girl in this position I would appreciate a token gift but find anyting expensive or too personal a little too much - But I guess we don't all feel the same about people we've known for a year!

I would suggest something like flowers... but let's face it, you know her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logical ad)
    Just get a CD by her favourite artist or genre or something. Jewelry after just a month is a joke, no wonder people these days are only together a handful of months. Trying to stick a years worth of relationship into a month. Jewelry is paramount to wheeling out the big guns. Keep it for special occasions so that it means something, not for a months dating.
    I feel this way too.

ReputationRep:
    Jewellery? Are you serious? That's more like for an anniversary than a 1 month acquaintance.
    I'd say get her a box of expensive chocolates.

ReputationRep:
    Something smallish but something nonetheless - after all, you have known the girl a year!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.betterthanpants.com/chin-balls-t-shirt.html

she will suck you off right there and then

ReputationRep:
    Personally if I had been dating a guy for only a month I would be pretty happy with a box of fancy chocolates (thortons? They do nice gift wrapping as well ) and a card.

No need to buy anything extravagant.

And you can be certain thortons chocolates will be very appreciated! :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Get her something but don't spend much, you don't know how long it will last !

ReputationRep:
    Also, why don't you both go for lunch? It won't be more than £15-20 total depending on where you go.

(Original post by secret_smile)
    Personally if I had been dating a guy for only a month I would be pretty happy with a box of fancy chocolates (thortons? They do nice gift wrapping as well ) and a card.

Have you tried some of the range from Sainsbury's Taste the Difference luxury chocolate section? It's really really good =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)

That's too vague! Specifics please!...OP get me..erm..I mean get HER, some Viennese truffles (get me them really then I'll eat them and try and help you think of something...)

Haha see I don't have this issue, because not only have me and a girl just got together a couple of days ago, but as a group we'd done secret santa, I'd got her and gone overboard...so...sorted. (she worked out it was me too...pfft.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryA)

Have you tried some of the range from Sainsbury's Taste the Difference luxury chocolate section? It's really really good =)
    o rly? ....*makes a note for next time he goes into Sainsbury's*

ReputationRep:
    Just do what feels right for you :dontknow:. I mean, how will online strangers know your girlfriend any better than you do?

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking maybe a scarf? also there is no rush with the shopping.,we are getting together again in january, as she is out of the country

ReputationRep:
    Christmas preaent is necessary. and you can attach a loving letter, that's must be romantic

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.