Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is wrong with finding the thought of two men bumming each other disgusting? Watch

ReputationRep:
    well its because im studying sociology and hearing about all these gay rights, gay marriage, gay adoption etc etc. The book makes it out that anyone who doesnt agree with these things are bad people or something. Isnt this kind of brainwashing too.

Women love gay men because their feminine, and want a gay best friend. But men arent allowed to have an opinion on it?

Whos to decide what is an "irrational fear" and what is "rational" sex isnt neccesarily rational but people have it.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you're a probable queer. To be honest I am not homophobic but I don't want to see two men having intercourse in a public place. Save it for your bedroom love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    According to some people this is "homophobic" instantly and now Im a bad person.

An ignorant, vile human being.

Yet that is my opinion.

Men who act like feminine *****es and queens are ****ing irritating.

Men who bum other men, and perve on other men irritate me.

I dont think gay men should adopt kids.

Now I must be "homophobic" right?:rolleyes:

And no I dont neccessarily think they should all be slaughtered either
    Nothing is wrong with that, what you are describing is what is known as the "yuk factor". Same as when you imagine your parents having sex with each other, or having sex with your sister, or brother, or dog.

Just don't interpret your natural disgust as rational. It is fine to find it disgusting, just acknowledge that it is an illogical feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't think about it?

I don't particularly want to think about you - perhaps being overweight or possessing a small penis pounding someone of either sex. A lot of things are disgusting to a lot of people - they don't make threads on it.

ReputationRep:
    Does it bother you that homosexuals find the idea of heterosexual sex disgusting?

ReputationRep:
    well its because im studying sociology and hearing about all these gay rights, gay marriage, gay adoption etc etc. The book makes it out that anyone who doesnt agree with these things are bad people or something. Isnt this kind of brainwashing too.

Women love gay men because their feminine, and want a gay best friend. But men arent allowed to have an opinion on it?

Whos to decide what is an "irrational fear" and what is "rational" sex isnt neccesarily rational but people have it.
    Gay marriage, gay adoption - they're all rights, things normal people are allowed to do. If you don't think gay people should be allowed these rights because they are gay, then that is homophobic discrimination.

There is a balance between simply not being gay (like me) and discriminating against gay people (like you).

ReputationRep:

Says a lot, lulz.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing at all. It is putrid and vile and they should be executed for doing so.

ReputationRep:
    ******s :dry:

YEAH I SAID IT :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    Does it bother you that homosexuals find the idea of heterosexual sex disgusting?
    I never understood that. Heterosexual sex is neccessary for life, why would anyone find it disgusting? Its like breathing or farting.

ReputationRep:
    wut wut in the butt??

ReputationRep:
    I find it erotic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I never understood that. Heterosexual sex is neccessary for life, why would anyone find it disgusting? Its like breathing or farting.
    Because gay men are attracted to other men, not to women. The thought of having sex with a girl is as bad to them as the thought of having a sex with a man is to you. It's just the way that they're wired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Death is necessary to life. Being ripped apart by a pack of wolves can be deemed disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness, there's nothing immediately homophobic about opposing gay marriage (Plenty of people oppose it on religious grounds but don't have a problem being around, being friends with gay people), but the trouble is that, particularly with gay adoption, there's no rational logical reason to oppose it. There are religious or emotional arguments, but all the evidence points towards the fact that its not detrimental towards society in any way at all, and in the case of gay adoption is positive.

The thing is, you can't definitively say who is homophobic according to what they believe in terms of gay rights. A better way of judging it is, if one of your friends came out as gay or lesbian, what would you do? Would you respect that and stay friends with them, or would you stop being friends with them? If you were interviewing somebody who was gay or lesbian, would you deny them the job on that basis, or give them the job anyway? In other words, if you start discriminating against people because of their sexuality, that's homophobic, but opposing some rules and rights doesn't automatically make you homophobic.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    According to some people this is "homophobic" instantly and now Im a bad person.

An ignorant, vile human being.

Yet that is my opinion.

Men who act like feminine *****es and queens are ****ing irritating.

Men who bum other men, and perve on other men irritate me.

I dont think gay men should adopt kids.

Now I must be "homophobic" right?:rolleyes:

And no I dont neccessarily think they should all be slaughtered either
    I dont have a problem with gays, it their choice!
    Religiously (Judaism) gay people aren't allowed but to be honest humankind would survive if everyone was gay! So i think it's 'natural' not to be gay, if you get what i mean.
    But personally I dont want my potential son to be gay, the thought of 'bumming' other men doesnt sit right with me but Im not against gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rational Paradox)
    Prehaps the "I don't think gay men should adopt kids" led to your somewhat justified title of a homophobe
    I think a child will get bullied for having gay parents/find it psychologically throughouly disturbing

But of course this is irrational right?

ReputationRep:
    I think a child will get bullied for having gay parents/find it psychologically throughouly disturbing

But of course this is irrational right?
    Then that's more of a reflection on the flaws of society than the capability of two gay parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    Because gay men are attracted to other men, not to women. The thought of having sex with a girl is as bad to them as the thought of having a sex with a man is to you. It's just the way that they're wired.
    Yes i agree, but surely common sense would tell them that having sex with a woman is needed for the continuation of the specices. Whereas same-sex sex isnt neccessary.

(Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    Death is necessary to life. Being ripped apart by a pack of wolves can be deemed disgusting.
    Is death really necessary? I dont think it is. I think you meant 'death is inevitable' However this is a different discussion

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.