Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Friend considered applying, but the Art department told her she wasn't "dedicated enough" and wouldn't help her. It put her off and she didn't apply, ended up with an A at AH Art.

ReputationRep:
    My best advice for annny applicants applying to GSA... its most likely you wont get in. The main things that might get you in are: If you have any connections to anyone who works there. If you have attended the summer portfolio classes. If you go to all the open days. If you are paying for your fees (especially overseas students, fees are higher, thus GSA gets more money). If you have a remarkable, weird, unusual portfolio. Then if your lucky enough to get an interview, drop any of these points in. "I enjoyed the summer portfolio" etc. If you do get in then congratulations

ReputationRep:
    application time is nearing to an ennddd!!! lol...i cant wait anymoreeeee!!! hahahaaa, painting and printmaking anyone?? lol

ReputationRep:
    Again they decided to extend their deadline!I have a back up choice though and im glad i have it cos i know theyre so tough. Whats better GSA or ECA?

ReputationRep:
    Helloooo I'd say GSA is better for the Mackintosh building alone!
    I fell in love with GSA at the open day. So in love.

Has anyone applied for first year Fine Art Photography?
    I don't take photography as an A level, but I'm really passionate about it and I do a lot of it in my spare time; I hope this isn't a disadvantage?
    There's quite a bit of drawing in Year 1 which sounds great :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hw937)
    What did you apply for? didnt you submit an efolio over the web?
    architecture

ReputationRep:
    Fine Art Photography interview next week, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkrantz)
    Hello everyone, very new to this place. I have applied for the first year in enviromental and sculpture, and then my entry point at my UCAS-track site all of a sudden changed from 1 to 2.
    I sent GSA an email about it and recieved this answer:

"The Sculpture and Environmental Art department felt that you were above the standard of year 1 and felt that your application would be more suited to year 2. They informed me to change your point of entry on UCAS and this is has now been done. We will be in touch in due course."

What do you think this means? Will I get in? I guess I'd just have to wait and see what happens, but I sort of get a bit stressed about it, even though I'm happy with their replay. Will they call me to an interview?

Good luck on yours, Angelala, by the way.

I'm from Sweden so there might be some language flaws in this post, everything is written in a hurry. Sorry.

Have a nice day!
    If they mean what I Think they mean then yes lol you are better than you need to be for the 1st year of study so you get to skip it completely

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends got an interview for either graphics or vis comm today and its on 3rd march!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Fine Art: Photography and Fine Art: Sculpture. Havn't heard anything back and sent off my online portfolios on the very last day. When did you send yours off? Another girl i know also has an interview next week (she applied about a week before the deadline) so I am quite worried I havn't made the grade.

ReputationRep:
    My friends heard back from sculpture and environmental art. anyone heard from painting and printing? I've heard its the hardest to get into...

ReputationRep:
    Not yet! Wish they'd hurry up though! Is it true they only take 20 students? And how many applicants do you reckon they get? Roughly...

ReputationRep:
    I know this is just for gsa but i just got an interview for ECA!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocacola123)
    Not yet! Wish they'd hurry up though! Is it true they only take 20 students? And how many applicants do you reckon they get? Roughly...
    i read from last years that 500 get to interview stage with 35 places going. (i read it on a blog from last year, so might not be true, but im abandoning all hope...) plus, when you know that students from abroad have to pay thousands more per year than what the college gets from ucas, and that they're pretty much a money making industry now, im feeling pretty glum/realistic.

that said, i'd be all the more ecstatic if they proved me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocacola123)

I had my interview for fine art photography on Friday, and they told me that about 1 in 10 (interviewees?) get a place. I think it's 20-25 places for the course.

It seemed like I was the only interviewee that day still doing A levels and although they said that they won't consider me this year, they were really encouraging and I actually left with a lot of confidence to reapply :]

ReputationRep:
    I am going to an interview tomorrow for the Enviromental Art/Sculpture course.

Good luck to everyone out there who has applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelala)
    I had my interview for fine art photography on Friday, and they told me that about 1 in 10 (interviewees?) get a place. I think it's 20-25 places for the course.

It seemed like I was the only interviewee that day still doing A levels and although they said that they won't consider me this year, they were really encouraging and I actually left with a lot of confidence to reapply :]
    thats really good, and seems totally the right attitude. they obviously saw something they liked. well done. (if i even get an interview, i think id be happy enough going away with their encouragement)

and VERY good luck to the person with the interview tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    unsuccessful from gsa for fashion& textiles...but got an interview for eca- hope it goes well eek!

ReputationRep:
    sorry toh ear of rejections. are GSA sending rejections by post or email?

ReputationRep:
    I found out on ucas track

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.