Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Live birth vs. the Queen's speech on Christmas day Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    Did I mention that NEITHER IS NOT AN OPTION?
    maybe in your thread, but in the real world, neither IS an option.

(Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
      Which one would you rather be watching? Typical for C4 to put it on during the Queen's Christmas speech.

I know I would rather watch the latter, rather than subscribing to C4's usual attempt to be edgy, shocking and different. :rolleyes:
      Both as **** as each other.

Tbh, I'll be having the News on the background really.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by robotwars)
      maybe in your thread, but in the real world, neither IS an option.
      Not in my reality baby.

ReputationRep:
      If I had to watch either, it would be the Queen's speech.

As it stands I don't really care and I'll be too busy being asleep and a bit of a grinch to care. Bah!

ReputationRep:
      I won't be watching either - we're always eating at that time. If I had to choose I'd say the Queens Speech - just to see what it's about for once.

ReputationRep:
      Neither. Don't really want to watch screaming and gurning on C4 and I don't want to watch Her Majesty whittling on about what ever she talks about in her speeches! I'll be watching the Glee boxset I'm hopefully getting for Christmas!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by d123)
      Neither. Doctor Who christmas special is all I'm planning to watch at the moment, unless there's something else good on that I've forgotten about.
      Aha, exactly the same here! I can't wait to watch it!

ReputationRep:
      http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...8145702AAe6LEX

ReputationRep:
      **** the queen, id rather watch big brother
      go ahead royalists, give me bad rep!

ReputationRep:
      I'll be watching HMQ if possible. Either at 3 or the repeat later on.

ReputationRep:
      Just read on the BBC News site that she'll be talking mostly about sport.

So I'm definitely tuning in, amount she knows about horses, she's bound to give a few race tips...

ReputationRep:
      "The beauty of life and creation, described by one horny keyboard warrior." hahaha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
      Family tradition to always watch the Queen's Speech. I'm not particularly fussed about it but I suppose it's a nice review on the year and something to watch while getting through the 8th box of mince pies

Personally I think this live birth idea is just ridiculous.
      Who in their right mind is going to choose to watch women giving birth and getting epidurals stuck into their spines, rather than relax and maybe watch a family classic film or play family games.

ReputationRep:
      Why would i give a **** about what some ancient woman has to say, when it has no real relavance and her opinion is about as valid as mine or yours?

As to the live birth, it's clearly a gimmick, what is there to see? Her being wheeled in, cameras close (for not showing tortured vagina reasons) and then we see some baby being held by a sweating mother.

Oooo.... tough decisions.

For the lames of the world.

ReputationRep:
      I will be with her majesty on Christmas day drinking Sherry so I think you should join us both.

ReputationRep:
      I'd rather watch a live birth. I'm not arsed about the Queen.

Though I won't be watching either to be honest.

ReputationRep:
      Hopefully I'll either be festively drunk or horny so either way it's the Queen's speech.

ReputationRep:
      Turkey.

ReputationRep:
      do come off it, they won't show a live brith and if anything you won't see anything

Channel 4's Alternative Christmas Message delivered from the wards, normal people who bring live into the world every day vs some old girl

either way its christmas none of them are that important

ReputationRep:
      How are they planning to air a birth live? Is it going to be induced when the production manager says go?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.