Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Happy slapped? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    It just seems awful! like why do people even do it... I saw some youtube videos and I couldn't bring myself to watch all of it. What goes around comes back around :-)
    Yep it's not funny. There's quite a popular clip of some idiots happy slapping a guy's girlfriend, who then proceeds to destroy the happy slappers :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    But why do you think it's funny?
    It's that feeling of superiority you get over a victim of abuse, isn't it? It stimulates that primitive pathway in your brain that finds abuse of others so amusing, doesn't it? You're so devoid of the ability to find humour in parody or irony that you resort to quite literally the lowest rank of amusement - relishing the pain in the eyes of another human being, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    No, thankfully

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    No but if it did they would get more than a slap back.

ReputationRep:
    I was happy slapped by Thomas Dawson once, it was a trifling matter and he should have been taken into custardy for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    But why do you think it's funny?
    It's that feeling of superiority you get over a victim of abuse, isn't it? It stimulates that primitive pathway in your brain that finds abuse of others so amusing, doesn't it? You're so devoid of the ability to find humour in parody or irony that you resort to quite literally the lowest rank of amusement - relishing the pain in the eyes of another human being, aren't you?
    :rofl:

..wait :lolwut:

I hope you're being sarcastic?
    Ive never slapped/hit anyone before, so i cant agree with you there.
    Im not talking about anything violent....because actually i cant help but get really emotional over things like that :/

Just a little laugh/joke friends do with each other.... but obviously nothing extreme:rolleyes:..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    Or because you're an easy target.. victim.
    Easy Target...? I'll have you Know I was Happy-Slapped twice / Three At mostt!

First Time = Walking along Road, Ipod Earphones in not Expecting Anything, Bammmmm! One guy from my Class Ran and Slapped the ****** outta Me lol! I was Kinda Shocked/Angry!

2nd time = P.E Changinng Rooms, Getting changed,and the next thing I know is Some **** thinks Its "Funny" Happy Slappin Me! 'Uhhh

3rd time = I may have missed any other incident so will claim One More just 'In Case

I was Not an "Easy Target" was Pretty Decent Build, Strong e.t.c. so would have had no problem "taking the Knobs 'on" but they Formed Groups (Gangs (mainly NEDS) ) so made it Harder to retalliate other than the 'Verbal Abuse . Though I have seen others in my School being the "easy Targets" you describe. Let me Say it is an Awful Experience For any one! One Guy in my P.E class had his Right "nipple" being "nipple Crippled" OFF! the Sight Was horrible, it was hangin off of him... so yh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by When will I know?)
    :rofl:

..wait :lolwut:

I hope you're being sarcastic?
    Ive never slapped/hit anyone before, so i cant agree with you there.
    Im not talking about anything violent....because actually i cant help but get really emotional over things like that :/

Just a little laugh/joke friends do with each other.... but obviously nothing extreme:rolleyes:..
    That's not the happy slapping I'm talking about though, I can only think of one friend who would do that to me.....

I am talking abou ttotal strangers that come up to you and really hurt you... how about that very old man who got happy slapped then he dropped dead, front of his grandchild... in broad day light.

ReputationRep:
    How can a group of guys stoop so low as in to attack a young girl?

To the question, No and no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel-Ballingall)
    Happy slapping is when you're beaten' up whilst being videod by a cell or camera or something.

Orrr is there another version?
    Happy slap is when you are just slapped across the head whilst the person slapping their victim shouts out "HAPPY SLAP!" - But it is really not that happy towards the victim... emotional times....

ReputationRep:
    a bit, though one girl i hated came at me with her "are you happy?" business so i coke canned her in the face and she cried. then obviously her "friends" uploaded said video to the internet and ha! humiliation for her.
    other than that, walking home from school was like an obstacle course avoiding people who want to slap me in the face. bloody hated that craze.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been involved in it from either side, thank goodness.

ReputationRep:
    Do people actually do this then? I thought it was just something the Daily Mail made up years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Someone went to happy slap me once (there was someone filming it with a mobile phone on the other side of the road, hardly being discrete about it) and as I dodged out of the way, he fell forward onto my knee... yes, three times your Honour, that is correct

Needless to say they didn't try it again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, me and my cousins use to do it to each other all the time when in public, just to see the horror and amusement (surprisingly and indictingly) on others' faces.

We'd just come out of Maccies, she'd say 'Dame, what you get' and then, 'Apart from this' and she'd then proceed to jump on the spot and in mid air she'd belt me one.

Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of people on here that seem to think it's 'funny' or 'just a laugh' appalls me. I don't see how filming yourselves bullying and physically attacking someone is cool or appealling

ReputationRep:
    Oh man!! The memories of secondary school!

ReputationRep:
    I got happy slapped a few times. Don't know why the haters are getting so worked up about it.

ReputationRep:
    I got happy slapped once so I put a razorblade in their sandwich. All in good fun.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.