Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaHaLOL)
    LOL I see whats on your mind
    It's always on my mind, I'm so sorry for lowering the tone of your thread!

ReputationRep:
    Jobseeker's allowance.
    Use websites like jobcentre plus, totaljobs, monster etc. I've had 3 phonecalls about jobs in the last week by uplaoding my CV to those sites.

ReputationRep:
    Got any advice on how i could be applying better/improve my CV? Im not claiming that my technique is perfect, which is why im here asking for advice. GOSHH.
    If you want you can send me your CV and I will tell you where you are going wrong, you can take out all the personal details if you want. PM me if you want help.

ReputationRep:
    Can you seriously go on jobseekers if your at university??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    Nope. I tried summer after first year because my gf had been ill during the year so I was skint. They let me sign on but when I went in for my first payment they noticed I was going back to uni next September and told me to bugger off.

ReputationRep:
    My money has finally run out. I've been trying to get a job for about 3 months now, I've gone into shops, salons, restaurants, literally everywhere trying to hand out my Cv they all say apply online.
    So i apply online, and hardly anyone has got back to me.
    I literally dont know what to do.
    I have less than 10 pounds left, all my freinds are broke so i cant borrow off them, I already owe money to my parents and most other people. thankfully Ive paid my bills for this month but what about next month??
    what should i do??
    how did u guys manage to get jobs? (Assuming you work)
    anyone got any advice? would be much appreciated xx

My dad hired me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    Nope. I tried summer after first year because my gf had been ill during the year so I was skint. They let me sign on but when I went in for my first payment they noticed I was going back to uni next September and told me to bugger off.
    Ouch. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    Ouch. :console:
    Meh, I got a job a few weeks after that so it's all good. Just told the story to make sure they didn't go there, get signed on and get their hopes up about getting the money.

My money has finally run out. I've been trying to get a job for about 3 months now, I've gone into shops, salons, restaurants, literally everywhere trying to hand out my Cv they all say apply online.
    I have less than 10 pounds left, all my freinds are broke so i cant borrow off them, I already owe money to my parents and most other people. thankfully Ive paid my bills for this month but what about next month??
    what should i do??
    I've been trying to find a job for five years. Nowhere at all will employ me.

Go to a Job Centre and ask what to do there.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I got a job a few weeks after that so it's all good. Just told the story to make sure they didn't go there, get signed on and get their hopes up about getting the money.
    Good lad!

ReputationRep:
    what should i do??
    sell yourself...

no troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)

Nope.
    Not entirely true aha, I knew somebody who went for an interview for job seekers allowance
    and when they asked him if he had a job or went to uni he just lied. Don't ask me how he got away with it though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.