Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: A pill to stop periods/pregnancy until 30 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you take the pill to stop periods/pregnancy until 30 y/o.
    Yes, I'd take it.
    29.19%
    No, I wouldn't take it.
    43.24%
    I'm a guy.
    27.57%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'd love a pill that stops me needing a crap. I'd even like a pill that stops me needing to eat (but doesn't prevent me from eating if I want). Old sci fi stories said we'd have meals in pill form by now, why don't we?
    I wouldnt take a pill that stopped me from crapping/eating/vomiting/sleeping etc. we do these things naturally and for a reason, taking a pill would most likely have side effects.
    I apologise if there are any spelling/punctuation mistakes in this post, my maid will be along to fix it shortly.

ReputationRep:
    In a second. I don't plan to have any kids- I plan on adopting- and this would be a nice way of eliminating the risk factor for a while.

ReputationRep:
    1) There are always going to be side effects if you stop your periods for a pro-longed period (no pun intended). Women are meant to ovulate, and your likely to create a load of women who find it difficult to keep weight off, suffer headaches, and become completely infertile after a while.

2) No. I would like the option of becoming pregnant before I'm 30. Whether I'm with someone or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Whats wrong with you people?
    Why do humans always want to stop the natural parts of our lives?
    I have a pill that stops you needing to take a crap. Do you want one?

Have your period and have a goddam baby before the menapause kicks in.

Nuff said
    Are you joking? Haha. Easy enough for you to say.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I think I want kids before the age of 30, but the idea of stopping periods through a single pill with no side effects is quite :sogood:
    This :daydreaming:
    If only a pill with no side effects actually existed :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I'd think such a thing would be a bad idea in that peoples plans with regards to life change. Especially considering it's a permenant decision that would effect you for over a decade.

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't take it, because I want a baby in the next couple of years, never mind waiting until I'm 30!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'd love a pill that stops me needing a crap. I'd even like a pill that stops me needing to eat (but doesn't prevent me from eating if I want). Old sci fi stories said we'd have meals in pill form by now, why don't we?
    Because it'd be boring? However full a pill made me I can't help but think that I'd still be unsatisfied, you know :dontknow:...

Do you mean a pill that's like an entire meal (Willy Wonka style) ?
    Or just a pill that keeps you full?

I would say that the problem is that whenever you put anything in pill form, people become dependant on it / abuse it.

I've just realised that your question was probably rhetorical Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Yes please.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt take a pill that stopped me from crapping/eating/vomiting/sleeping etc. we do these things naturally and for a reason, taking a pill would most likely have side effects.
    I apologise if there are any spelling/punctuation mistakes in this post, my maid will be along to fix it shortly.
    Well I was assuming there wouldn't be any major side effects. This is all hypothetical anyway.

(Original post by Liam_G)
    Because it'd be boring? However full a pill made me I can't help but think that I'd still be unsatisfied, you know :dontknow:...

Do you mean a pill that's like an entire meal (Willy Wonka style) ?
    Or just a pill that keeps you full?

I would say that the problem is that whenever you put anything in pill form, people become dependant on it / abuse it.

I've just realised that your question was probably rhetorical Oh well.
    I was thinking a pill that stops you feeling hungry and has all the nutrients your body needs. I realise that's not really physically possible because you need a certain mass of nutrients that a pill clearly couldn't provide.

If you did feel like going out for a nice meal you could just not take your pill and have the meal instead. That's how I'd use it. I find on an average day I only eat in the evening because I have to. I can't be bothered to cook nice food, I just want something to keep my body going.

ReputationRep:
    IF there were no side effects then hell yeah! I would imagine there would be a secondary side effect of increased risk of breast cancer through no hormone break though. But on a hypothetical basis, then yes I would.

ReputationRep:
    I voted on my female's behalf.... she hates her periods, does NOT want kids until far in the future, etc. She'd see it as a god send.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for involving us guys with the "I'm a guy" option.

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with you people?
    Why do humans always want to stop the natural parts of our lives?
    I have a pill that stops you needing to take a crap. Do you want one?

Have your period and have a goddam baby before the menapause kicks in.

Nuff said
    I don't want kids and periods are messy, painful and generally a nuisance. I'd take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I don't want kids and periods are messy, painful and generally a nuisance. I'd take it.
    Why dont you want children?

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you want children?
    I don't like them, I don't like the idea of being pregnant, I don't like hospitals and after watching a few episodes of 16 and Pregnant I'm not really into the idea of giving birth or looking after a baby either. I would consider adoption but only if it was an older child and only if I was feeling slightly more maternal by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I don't like them, I don't like the idea of being pregnant, I don't like hospitals and after watching a few episodes of 16 and Pregnant I'm not really into the idea of giving birth or looking after a baby either. I would consider adoption but only if it was an older child and only if I was feeling slightly more maternal by then.
    Oh
    So if you became pregnant, would you abort it?

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't know if/when I want kids, I'd at least like to keep my options open.

ReputationRep:
    Oh
    So if you became pregnant, would you abort it?
    I don't know really... probably, but it would depend on the circumtances!

ReputationRep:
    Oh by the way, thanks for fixing my spelling. Hey i have an idea, you can follow me around on every thread i go to and tidy up my posts, like a maid, or my *****. How about it?
    Best response to grammar nazi ever.

As to the post, i'd like to have kids around 27/28.
    But i have the implant in my arm, which has this same effect for three years and i'll have it renewed until I'm 25/28.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.