Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Headphones or earphones for us cool teenagers?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashi Shrestha)
    i'd say 250...hows that??
    Shure SE420? or SE425? A nice pair of Sennheisers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Shure SE420? or SE425? A nice pair of Sennheisers?
    Amen to that - shure headphones are bloody brilliant. Getting a pair of the new SE535's for xmas! Very, very excited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XIII)
    Amen to that - shure headphones are bloody brilliant. Getting a pair of the new SE535's for xmas! Very, very excited.
    Yeah...i know shures are reallly good..but unfortunately i've never had the opportunity to try em!!.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XIII)
    Jealous of you. I've only had the SE110s before and I loved them to pieces. Blocked out noise better than anything I've had before and really good quality sound too.

ReputationRep:
    Do not get skullcandy headphones. -_-

Sennheisers are good. I have CX300-IIs, got them for about £18 on Amazon, HMV sells them for £34.99. There are far better ones out there but for what they are, they're pretty damn good. I like bass enhancement you see. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    i grabbed a pair of these
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2243wt_1139

except i bought them for £15.99
    (Original post by Sashi Shrestha)
    I don't think these are gonna be good..considering the ad and the look of the earphones...im like more into good stuff..like sennheiser, audiotechnica,bose,those stuff!!
    Without a doubt, I can assure that the BeckenBower's will trump audiotechnica.

Apparently BeckenBower produces their headphones in the same factory as Sennheiser and Monster Beats, and when i compare them to my Sennheiser CX500's, they're definitely on par, except the BeckenBower's are about £10-£15 cheaper!

Bose on the other hand...well they're Bose, need I say more

ReputationRep:
    Buying a pair right this instant.

ReputationRep:
    Well, there ****ING GARBAGE. Don't get these, waste for that price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Well, there ****ING GARBAGE. Don't get these, waste for that price.
    Monster always overcharge for their stuff, have you seen their HDMI cable prices?

I saw one cable on there website for $598....effing theives

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe people are seriously suggesting skullcandies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spocckka)
    I don't believe people are seriously suggesting skullcandies
    nobody IS suggesting skullcandys casue they pretty much suck..and all they go for is the style factor but no sound..so..guess theyre out of the list...

ReputationRep:
    £250 eh? If you're going to spend that much money on an earphone, make sure to do your research on your final choice of IEM/headphone. Personally, I would suggest going over the www.Head-Fi.org (dedicated to headphone gear etc.) where you will actually get good suggestions for your budget.

For headphones, I was going to suggest a pair of Sennheiser HD600, but to get the best out of them, you'll need an amp etc., I don't think you'll want that. So I'm going to rule possibly all headphones as an option out.

Now, onto in-ear phones (known as IEM's, or In Ear Monitors). Depending on if you like bass, or you like treble better, I'm sure it can be matched (each IEM has a different sound (namely called its signature). If you like bass or perhaps want a smooth IEM, can I suggest the Sennheiser IE8's? If you like rich mids (typically human voices frequency), perhaps the Shure 530's may suit you? Or perhaps detailed headphones - maybe the Triple Fi 10's?

Look at the respective price IEM bracket to give you an idea as to what to get: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...m3-added-12-20

hth~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilko1337)
    £250 eh? If you're going to spend that much money on an earphone, make sure to do your research on your final choice of IEM/headphone. Personally, I would suggest going over the www.Head-Fi.org (dedicated to headphone gear etc.) where you will actually get good suggestions for your budget.

For headphones, I was going to suggest a pair of Sennheiser HD600, but to get the best out of them, you'll need an amp etc., I don't think you'll want that. So I'm going to rule possibly all headphones as an option out.

Now, onto in-ear phones (known as IEM's, or In Ear Monitors). Depending on if you like bass, or you like treble better, I'm sure it can be matched (each IEM has a different sound (namely called its signature). If you like bass or perhaps want a smooth IEM, can I suggest the Sennheiser IE8's? If you like rich mids (typically human voices frequency), perhaps the Shure 530's may suit you? Or perhaps detailed headphones - maybe the Triple Fi 10's?

Look at the respective price IEM bracket to give you an idea as to what to get: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...m3-added-12-20

hth~
    Thanks a lot dude..!!!...yes...i do know about headfi.org....i've been reading a lot of posts there...and its a great site..very informative..i did a 4000 word essay on headphones too!!hehehe....anyway thaanks a llot for the suggestions...ill see what i buy....
    PS gave u a rep too!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.