Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

aNYONE doing any uni work now Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been working since we broke up for the end of term. Got one 3,000 word essay and 900 words of the next one done so far. After that I've got 1 small piece of coursework, dissertation work and 4 exams to revise for. Hoping to carry on with some more essay writing today.

ReputationRep:
    reading this thread made me look sooo lazy..i have 7 piece of coursework and 1 4000 word essay but havent started anything!

ReputationRep:
    What years are you in?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start doing work on Sunday. I've lots of revision to do for exams, a piece of coursework for Statistical Theory to do, and also a microeconomic analysis report on tuition fees due in when university starts again.

To be fair, I'm less concerned about the coursework and report, but quite worried about exam revision. There's an awful lot to do and exams start the week of the 17th, with my final exam being on January 24th. So I've not a lot of time for revision!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    yeah, exams in 2 weeks :nn:
    Do your exams start the week of the 10th?! :eek:

Also how are you finding your third year at Nottingham? Getting much done for your dissertation?

ReputationRep:
    I've got 4 modules to revise for. Summer exams, but none of the courses are runnning next term (4 brand new modules, yay) so I need to get as much as I can done in the holidays.

Last week, I was doing a module I loved - had loads of fun learning it, doing the papers, reading flash cards before bed... fun! This week I decided to start on my Group theory module. I've spent the week playing Fallout 3. Now I'm done, and I'm on TSR. Such fail.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing no work at all

ReputationRep:
    Not right now no, but as soon as christmas is over i will be doing, Ive had 16,000 words to write over the hols!

Not till i go back ha

ReputationRep:
      Yes I am........ trying to read up on Operations Management for my MBA, a module which had 10 class but I only attended 2 due to my work schedule.

ReputationRep:
      I've got 2 2000 word essays due in on my first day back, only done 950 words so far though

I'm trying to get a write-up finished so I can go into next week with 4 out of 7 courseworks completed. The other 2 should be done next week then I've got 12 days to finish the last one, which is quite difficult.

(Original post by .ACS.)
          Do your exams start the week of the 10th?! :eek:

Also how are you finding your third year at Nottingham? Getting much done for your dissertation?
          Yep, they start on the 11th and end on the 18th. Almost half-way through the holidays but I've still got a lot of work to do.

Third year has been a step up but alright I guess. The dissertation definitely made last term harder in terms of the workload. I think I spent about 4 weeks solely doing work for that even though much of the writing for the literature review was done in the final week of term (changing titles 2 weeks before the deadline didn't really help :moon:).

How's second year going? How's your second year weighted relative to third (and 4th year as I've just seen that you're doing the M.Econ course!) Do you have a dissertation next year? Do you know what its weighting is relative to the rest of the year and its word count? There's been grumblings here about the low weighting of dissertation and high relative word count (I think some students are waiting for the grades of the lit review to come through before making a judgement though)

ReputationRep:
          Writing some more of the 2nd 3000 word essay now cos I'll feel guilty if I have both today and tomorrow off with the amount I still have to do.

ReputationRep:
          Finished off my 2000 word essay yesterday evening (though I still need to do some referencing and then a few extra odds and sods before I'm really happy to hand it in on the 20th) and then I need to do some revision... Except I managed to leave all my books behind as I had to leave my house in a massive rush

ReputationRep:
          Not right now, now I'm watching the Nightmarebefore Christmas.

I should probably revise for my January exams tomorrow.

Only.. 2 weeks left!

Sh*T.

ReputationRep:
          I've been ill for weeks. Going over revision topics now and lecture slides, also have guests over. Am thinking of doing more work ASAP though as I feel lazy and am worried already.

ReputationRep:
          Considering I've got a ****load of work to do next term, I'm getting a headstart on some of the assignments. This way I can't complain about my lack of time and I'll have a more tangible chance of actually getting a first. Here's hoping.

ReputationRep:
          Im starting it up again after Christmas, have a 3000 word essay and two art projects to finish for january.

ReputationRep:
          I'm not planning to start working again until Boxing Day is over because I'm gonna be visiting family and friends to celebrate... then I must get cracking if I'm ever going to get my essays and revision for the January exams done! I'm so nervous...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources
        Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.