Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My Life)
    Getting INTO Medicine Is My LIFE!
    Then you need something more interesting to do.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic)
    Good one.......Asian parents are strict as hell, and even swindle child's disability benefits.

When a child is born, the first thing an asian father says is "My son will be a doctor or an engineer" with a proud speech.

Man, would they (dark aliens) not wait till the next 10 years and see what their child wants to do!

But unfortunately, asian parents, themselves are uneducated.
    I think you need to think more before making such sweeping generalisations...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danhirons)
    Haha, if you are 13 chill out as people have said!!!!

Just enjoy how easy school is at that age. When i was 13 I had two things on my mind football and food, that is all you need in life at that age
    I know lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theatrical)
    I think you need to think more before making such sweeping generalisations...
    That is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylikeeee)
    I only have 2.5 A*s, 4 As and 3 Bs...And just got made an offer by a medial school.
    Cool! What medical school?

ReputationRep:
    There are some people that get ALL A*'s and still get rejected. Your A Levels, Personal Statement and Interview Skills are a lot more important. Dont think JUST because you have 50 million A*'s you're guarenteed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Smeezington)
    There are some people that get ALL A*'s and still get rejected. Your A Levels, Personal Statement and Interview Skills are a lot more important. Dont think JUST because you have 50 million A*'s you're guarenteed
    Cool info, Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Cool! What medical school?
    Brighton/Sussex and I have an interview at St Georges coming up. GCSE grades are not the be-all-and-end-all when it comes to medicine, you just have to apply very carefully if you don't do all that well.
    Oh, and get this, my B grades were in sciences
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Then you need something more interesting to do.
    Don't you remember when you were an applicant, full of life? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Don't you remember when you were an applicant, full of life? :p:
    I do remember being an applicant, just. :p:

But I don't remember ever being as ignorant, stupid or boring as the applicants that find their way onto TSR. I didn't 'check track' three times a day, I didn't memorise stock answers to 101 interview questions and I didn't ask bone questions on t'internet and then get angry when I didn't get the answer I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou To Beska and Jemma You really helped me.
    Right. Go look in the mirror and really think hard about your life.

Medicine is by far the most important thing in my life, maybe you should find some hobbies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylikeeee)
    Brighton/Sussex and I have an interview at St Georges coming up. GCSE grades are not the be-all-and-end-all when it comes to medicine, you just have to apply very carefully if you don't do all that well.
    Oh, and get this, my B grades were in sciences
    Wow! Thats cool really cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    60%~ of people receive 4 rejections when applying for medicine.
    are you serious?! source please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Right. Go look in the mirror and really think hard about your life.

Medicine is by far the most important thing in my life, maybe you should find some hobbies
    Yep , for you it is. Each person is different lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JONNYCMW)
    Yeah it's true, looking at your stats - you shouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JONNYCMW)
    Yes do you have any proof?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yep , for you it is. Each person is different lol.
    Hello there

Perhaps my previous post was a little harsh and of course you are right, everyone is different. My course is very important to me, as are my future career prospects but it certainly doesn't occupy every waking moment of my life

I can only comment on my own experience, and in my experience all of my friends from school that were uber-keen on medicine ended up not doing medicine. They spent so long reading articles, shadowing consultants etc that they neglected to ensure that they achieved the required academic grades. I'm not saying that this will happen to you, I'm saying that maybe you can relax about medicine for a few years. Focus on your hobbies and having fun now before all the exam and application stress starts.

Best of luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    You guys get trolled easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Hello there

Perhaps my previous post was a little harsh and of course you are right, everyone is different. My course is very important to me, as are my future career prospects but it certainly doesn't occupy every waking moment of my life

I can only comment on my own experience, and in my experience all of my friends from school that were uber-keen on medicine ended up not doing medicine. They spent so long reading articles, shadowing consultants etc that they neglected to ensure that they achieved the required academic grades. I'm not saying that this will happen to you, I'm saying that maybe you can relax about medicine for a few years. Focus on your hobbies and having fun now before all the exam and application stress starts.

Best of luck anyway

Hi, thanks I know your right. Medicine is not like me studying every minute of my life, im a relaxed person, but I have decided rather than just not doing anything maybe start studying. So saying Medicine is my life I dont literally mean that, im meaning like its my dream job, my aim of life, my ambition etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.