• View Poll Results: would you?
    Yes
    74.03%
    No
    20.99%
    Maybe
    4.97%

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as long as he doesn't ask he to take him to musicals all the time. I wouldn't put up with that, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    Honestly, there seems to be quite an issue over sexuality (especially in Britain) but if you knew a child was gay and you wanted to adopt a child would you adopt a gay one???

Just so I make it clear I would :ymca:
    Yes I would. Being gay isnt an illness or disease or something to repress and contain, its a natural thing and everyone needs a loving, caring, home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    You are probably right. But one of my aims in life is to pass on my genetics. Is that too much to ask?
    Not at all my friend.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the OP misunderstood the debate about gay adoption. It's about whether gay people can adopt kids, not if gay kids can be adopted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Not at all my friend.
    Thank you.

And before anyone asks, if i had a gay child, initially i would be disappointed, but i would probably love them too much to be angry and i'd want them to be happy. Also it would give me an excuse to have more sex with the missus, so we can make another child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    Honestly, there seems to be quite an issue over sexuality (especially in Britain) but if you knew a child was gay and you wanted to adopt a child would you adopt a gay one???

Just so I make it clear I would :ymca:
    this is the stupidest thread I have come accross!!!

Most children adopted are less than 10 years old. Most Children aren't gay or straight under the age of 10. So it would be impossible to find out. And at the moment, time travel is only available to a few like Marty McFly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valh)
    Why? Is the gay child not good enough?
    Well ive already expressed my desire to continue my genetics, if i had a gay child then that would be the end to the Lewroll family tree. So if i had a gay child, yes i would be disappointed, but no, it wouldnt be the end of the world. I will just keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valh)
    I see your point, but who is to say that you straight child would have biological children and the gay on wouldn't?
    -_- You sound like you want to have an argument.
    I think its a lot more likely that a straight child would have biological children. Yes the gay one could still have biological children, but its a lot less likely that they will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Yes, I would!
    Not that there would be any way whatsoever to tell if a child was gay.. but hypothetically it really, genuinely, wouldn't bother me.

Looking waaay into the future, I want grandchildren, but homosexuals can adopt just as I (hypothetically) had done.
    This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valh)
    Sorry if I came across like that. I've just never heard of people with views like that.
    Dont worry
    So, do you think my views are wrong? immoral? backwards?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd only ever adopt a baby. So I guess that answers no to the question.

ReputationRep:
    How would you know a child was gay? The way it sucks its milk bottle?

I want grandchildren So, no i dont think i would
    What would you do, if your biological child turned out to be gay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You say that, but I'd bet that if it did happen, you'd still love them as if they were your own grandkids. I speak from experience when I say that biology isn't the be all and end all of family, love is so much more than that.
    You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshnit)
    Trying to say if you discount a 2nd generation adoption as not YOUR grandchildren it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if your adopted straight child goes on to have normal children since they still not YOURs if you use the same logic as first scenerio
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Well ive already expressed my desire to continue my genetics, if i had a gay child then that would be the end to the Lewroll family tree. So if i had a gay child, yes i would be disappointed, but no, it wouldnt be the end of the world. I will just keep trying.
    With an opinion like that, your genetics shouldn't be carried on.

Plus, read the thread title. Adopted children do not have your genetics.

And gay people cant have children and pass on their genetics, right?

Oh... wait. They can.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, but as i said i probably wouldnt adopt any child, if i could have my own

And what exactly do you mean by 'normal'? Hmmmmm?
    Straight. He thinks of homosexuals as abnormal. I know he will deny this but I also know that he knows that what I'm saying it's true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    What would you do, if your biological child turned out to be gay?
    I believe i already answered that question in this thread. I will say it again
    I will probably be disappointed, but i will still love them regardless and i will want them to be happy. I will then keep trying to have children until i make a straight one which will produce grandchildren.

(Original post by draikzer)
    With an opinion like that, your genetics shouldn't be carried on.

Plus, read the thread title. Adopted children do not have your genetics.

And gay people cant have children and pass on their genetics, right?

Oh... wait. They can.
    You obviously havent read any more of my comments in this thread, so please read all my comments before making statements like that.
    And why shouldnt my genetics be passed on? because i dont want a gay child? So im not allowed to express my opinion now am i? -_-

Everyone that doesnt want a gay child and wants to have grandchildren is a bad person. Wow you're a genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperatore)
    I wouldn't.

If I have a child myself and he/she turns out to be gay, then although it wouldn't particularly make me happy I would accept it and treat them no different (because I'd have no choice, my love for them would outweigh my disappointment).

I'm one of those people who accept homosexuality and treat gays as equals, but I don't actually agree with it...just my opinion. So I wouldn't go out of my way to adopt a gay child.
    1st and 2nd Quote: I suspect you know nothing about love if your happiness is subject to the child's sexual orientation. If your really loved him, you would love him for what he is and not dor what you want him to be. You would cover your disappointment with a light layer of political correctness. Fake.

3rd Quote: You are contradicting yourself. You cannot accept homosexuality if you say you will disappointed if your child is gay. Also "One of those..." is just more political correctness. Fake.

Yes and beat them straight

ReputationRep:
    I believe i already answered that question in this thread. I will say it again
    I will probably be disappointed, but i will still love them regardless and i will want them to be happy. I will then keep trying to have children until i make a straight one which will produce grandchildren.

You obviously havent read any more of my comments in this thread, so please read all my comments before making statements like that.
    And why shouldnt my genetics be passed on? because i dont want a gay child? So im not allowed to express my opinion now am i? -_-
    Yeah. Those people who can't have children would be disgusted the fact you would even THINK about being disappointed with a child.

There are children who have major disabilities, other issues. Yet their parents love them unconditionally, disappointment is not a word even in their minds.

But you... oh. My child is not good enough, I'm a little disappointed, so we'll keep it but try our best to make a better one. One that will please me.

Just re-read what you're actually typing and see how insulting it would be to someone who can't even have children.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.