Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    Why does God allow world wars, starvation, hunger, poverty, natural disasters, suffering? Why does God allow any of it? God knows.
    This basically. It's awful that these things happen but who knows why God allows them to? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    I heard he was too busy suing the creators of South Park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Why didn't he allow Frank Lampard's goal against Germany?
    because as shown quite clearly here, it didn't cross the line

ReputationRep:
    I believe that if you believe that God is all-loving and powerful, then you have to believe that there is something along the lines of the Devil, too.

ReputationRep:
    He is on holiday!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I believe that if you believe that God is all-loving and powerful, then you have to believe that there is something along the lines of the Devil, too.
    So did the devil win that day?

ReputationRep:
    God's gift to the human race was free will.
    He couldn't intervene because it would interfere with a humans right to chose what they wanted to do

ReputationRep:

God battled Mohammed, Mohammed won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    So did the devil win that day?
    Nobody can give solid, concrete answers.. but that is pretty much what I was hinting at, yes.

ReputationRep:
    who cares about 9/11, there are worst things happening.

ReputationRep:
    Even gods need the luls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Nobody can give solid, concrete answers.. but that is pretty much what I was hinting at, yes.
    God did a fail. How embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiliee21)
    God's gift to the human race was free will.
    He couldn't intervene because it would interfere with a humans right to chose what they wanted to do
    Pretend for a minute that God is a gun shop owner who can see the future.

A man walks into the gun shop and asks for a gun. However, the gun shop owner knows, through his ability to see the future, that this man will use the gun to murder some other person. Nevertheless, he sells him the gun, stating in his defence that he doesn't want to infringe upon the man's free will.

Do you think in this scenario the gun shop owner should be absolved of any responsibility?

ReputationRep:
    The only prima facie plausible justification for the existence of evil I've heard is the idea of free will, which is actually absurdly easy to pick holes in.

ReputationRep:
    Could we not assume that 'God', being omniscient, could see the benevolent direct/indirect effects of 9/11 (that humans can not/haven't yet foresee) that could out weigh the non benevolent effects in the short term (mass loss of life)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we can blame god for the actions of some crazy people.

ReputationRep:
    because 2/11 got taken away from 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomaskurian89)
    To all you theists out there who believe in an all-powerful and all-knowing god: Why did god allow 9/11? Was he taking a nap at the time?

he dont interferes in human doings. where have you heard this bull****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oivil)
    he dont interferes in human doings. where have you heard this bull****?
    In the BuyBull. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Why did God allow you to be born?

Free will and alcohol, my friend.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.