The Student Room Group

Why did god allow 9/11?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hooovan*
Why does God allow world wars, starvation, hunger, poverty, natural disasters, suffering? Why does God allow any of it? God knows.

This basically. It's awful that these things happen but who knows why God allows them to? :iiam:
Reply 21
I heard he was too busy suing the creators of South Park.
Reply 22
Original post by iainthegreat
Why didn't he allow Frank Lampard's goal against Germany?

because as shown quite clearly here, it didn't cross the line

I believe that if you believe that God is all-loving and powerful, then you have to believe that there is something along the lines of the Devil, too.
Reply 24
He is on holiday!!!
Reply 25
Original post by Gemma :)!
I believe that if you believe that God is all-loving and powerful, then you have to believe that there is something along the lines of the Devil, too.

So did the devil win that day?
Reply 26
God's gift to the human race was free will.
He couldn't intervene because it would interfere with a humans right to chose what they wanted to do
(edited 13 years ago)

God battled Mohammed, Mohammed won.
Original post by Potiron
So did the devil win that day?

Nobody can give solid, concrete answers.. but that is pretty much what I was hinting at, yes.
Reply 29
who cares about 9/11, there are worst things happening.
Even gods need the luls.
Reply 31
Original post by Gemma :)!
Nobody can give solid, concrete answers.. but that is pretty much what I was hinting at, yes.

God did a fail. How embarrassing.
Reply 32
Original post by emiliee21
God's gift to the human race was free will.
He couldn't intervene because it would interfere with a humans right to chose what they wanted to do

Pretend for a minute that God is a gun shop owner who can see the future.

A man walks into the gun shop and asks for a gun. However, the gun shop owner knows, through his ability to see the future, that this man will use the gun to murder some other person. Nevertheless, he sells him the gun, stating in his defence that he doesn't want to infringe upon the man's free will.

Do you think in this scenario the gun shop owner should be absolved of any responsibility?
(edited 13 years ago)
The only prima facie plausible justification for the existence of evil I've heard is the idea of free will, which is actually absurdly easy to pick holes in.
Reply 34
Could we not assume that 'God', being omniscient, could see the benevolent direct/indirect effects of 9/11 (that humans can not/haven't yet foresee) that could out weigh the non benevolent effects in the short term (mass loss of life)
Reply 35
I don't think we can blame god for the actions of some crazy people.
because 2/11 got taken away from 1.
Reply 37
Original post by thomaskurian89
To all you theists out there who believe in an all-powerful and all-knowing god: Why did god allow 9/11? Was he taking a nap at the time?

he dont interferes in human doings. where have you heard this bull****?
Reply 38
Original post by Oivil
he dont interferes in human doings. where have you heard this bull****?

In the BuyBull. :cool:
Why did God allow you to be born?

Free will and alcohol, my friend.

Quick Reply

Latest