The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Best Hallam Accomodatioin?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I cant decide what to put as my 2nd choice!! The forge or Trigon??? Im gonna put Victoria Hall as my first choice, and then i thought Trigon... but both arnt that big and i might be better putting the Forge as it has a lot more spaces, and id rather be there then some crap one :tongue: (im guessing you get a 1st and a 2nd choice?)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
so then, out of trigon, victoria halls and anglo works, which would you say was the best ?

taking into consideration that trigon and victoria halls are almost £20 a week more expensive than anglo works...?
Reply 22
Original post by Louzilla
I've got an offer and hopefully I will be going in September, my course is based on the collegiate campus. What do you think would be the best accommodation?
I thought I would apply to the forge because when I saw trigon the guy said it was the same but larger. I spoke to someone about 2 weeks ago and he said that he found it difficult to make friends because it was such a big place. So now I'm really confused. What do you think would be best?

If you're on the collegiate campus, the forge is definitely closer than the trigon. the forge is slightly older but it's all still reall nice, but it is a lot bigger. You'll probably make friends with the people in your flat and on your floor, and maybe even the rest of the block, that's just like any halls. Just make sure you're not too nervous and go and say hi to people - that way you'll make so many friends even though it's quite a large place. I've got friends on the forge and they really enjoy living there. If I were you, why not apply for both the trigon and the forge?
Reply 23
when does the online applications start working!!!! it says end of january, still not working! hopefully get victoria halls!
Original post by bagga
when does the online applications start working!!!! it says end of january, still not working! hopefully get victoria halls!

The website says from February 14th today (: !
Original post by doodle!
you have to be incredibly careful about this end of town. as a female first year student I certainly would not recommend this accommodation. I went to look around Norfolk Park recently with a view to living there next year, but the fact that it seems to have more security than a high security prison scared me. It's also quite far out and not really in 'student ville' at all, so if you want to meet other people, it's probably better going into halls. Having said that, inside the accommodation was very nice.

I'm in the trigon this year and would love to recommend it to anyone. It's a 5 minute walk to hallam city campus and 10 minute walk into the centre of town, and it's all very modern. However, if you want to get into Trigon, make sure you apply as soon as you can, as it apparently receives the most applications of any of the halls.

There's been a lot of talk about the forge too, which is on a much much bigger scale (i think it has more than 1000 students) and a bit further out - you're looking at a 20 minute walk to city campus. However, this residence has the benefit of its own gym, a massive common room, and you can drive if you have a car as they have parking spaces.

A hidden gem is Anglo Works - on trippet lane. This is really nice modern accommodation - the flats even have dishwashers! It's bang in the centre of town as well - perfect if you're a bit of a party animal, but only 10 minute's walk from city campus. It's down a side road and so it's still quiet, but you're right in the middle of the centre which is very convenient. It's also not as expensive as trigon.

If anyone has any questions at all, please ask - I'll be happy to help if I can!

Anglo works looks really nice, but how many people does it accomodate? It looks pretty small :/

Same question for the pinnacles also :smile:

please reply, thanks heather
Reply 26
The trigon is the best, im a current student and have visited many of the accommodation sites to see friends and spent time in the flats.
Its close to the city centre, a 10minute walk away from the main campus and the flats are so lovely inside and spacious :smile:
Reply 27
theres so many accommodation threads! so i thought id put this in a few...

after you apply, how long do you have to wait to hear what accommodation you get> cos im thinking of putting victoria hall and trigon as my 2 choices... but if i didnt get any of those could i cancel my application and get a room though
Original post by jde-tv
theres so many accommodation threads! so i thought id put this in a few...

after you apply, how long do you have to wait to hear what accommodation you get> cos im thinking of putting victoria hall and trigon as my 2 choices... but if i didnt get any of those could i cancel my application and get a room though

hi i have read a few threads . and a few have said with some accomodation such as the forge you can apply directly through unite. some guy said he applied to the forge and the uni said they wasnt any places left....but he called unite and got a room streight away..
Reply 29
Original post by nikki-jones2009
hi i have read a few threads . and a few have said with some accomodation such as the forge you can apply directly through unite. some guy said he applied to the forge and the uni said they wasnt any places left....but he called unite and got a room streight away..

Yeah that's because out of the 1000 room the uni only gets about 300 to allocate, the rest are for you to book privately :smile:
there are only certain types of accommodation on unite like the anvil, forge...correct?

so you couldnt apply to the trigon for example?
Reply 31
What about The exchange works, any good?
x
Reply 32
Can anyone share any experiences they have at the pinnacles? I'm stuck between the pinnacles and Victoria hall.. Any info would be helpful :smile:
Reply 33
I have a place at Pond street site I am seriously thinking about living at Norfolk Park as it individual houses with the halls feel. Plus its miles cheaper than other places. It looks clean etc and modern. Is it on a bus route? I viewed in a car.

Location wise I couldnt see much difference. So transport will be a big thing.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions
Reply 34
Opal one is the best, close to shops ,close to uni and most importantly 3 mins from west street.................................!
Reply 35
Original post by Hannahlou
What about The exchange works, any good?
x

Really small kitchens and lounge area is non existent, ive looked at of he accommodation and opal one is the best, position wise size wise everything !!!
Reply 36
defo viccy halls price is great and refurbished flats are gorge :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending