Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I Want It All Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thats my sisters dream! I don't think we'll ever visit each others houses if we get what we want. I want a Hebredean Croft House ... and my sister dreams of a massive, all white modernist box. Not keen on the boxes (too perfect I think) and won't be room in mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    I want money :coma: social status :coma: fast cars :coma: women :drool:gold bars :coma: expensive clothes :coma: good healthcare :coma: and much more.

As you can tell I'm a very materialistic person. I worry that I may be a bit too shallow and materialistic for my liking as I find it hard finding people who have the desire and also the motivation that I do. Does anyone else feel this way and have advice on how to deal with a "normal" life which I currently have?
    Haha. Trust me gold bars aren't that great.. I get a few every time my birthday comes around. Absolutely useless. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I want Susan Coffey, naked.

ReputationRep:
    The only people who 'get it all' are those that don't want it.

(Original post by looking)
      Do a law degree at a good uni? Lots of 'like minded people' there for you to mix with.
      :rofl: I presumed Economics. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
      The IB forum beckons.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Alian)
      Thats my sisters dream! I don't think we'll ever visit each others houses if we get what we want. I want a Hebredean Croft House ... and my sister dreams of a massive, all white modernist box. Not keen on the boxes (too perfect I think) and won't be room in mine!
      What on earth is a hebredean croft house? xD

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by im so academic)
      :rofl: I presumed Economics. :mmm:
      Yeah economics probably more typically, its just that I know some law students for whom the cockney rhyming slang 'city bankers' was possibly made for. If you catch my drift.

ReputationRep:
      I want money :coma: social status :coma: fast cars :coma: women :drool: gold bars :coma: expensive clothes :coma: good healthcare :coma: and much more.
      Tough. You're going to die poor, lonely and unloved.

ReputationRep:
      I want money :coma: social status :coma: fast cars :coma: women :drool: gold bars :coma: expensive clothes :coma: good healthcare :coma: and much more.

As you can tell I'm a very materialistic person. I worry that I may be a bit too shallow and materialistic for my liking as I find it hard finding people who have the desire and also the motivation that I do. Does anyone else feel this way and have advice on how to deal with a "normal" life which I currently have?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Limbic System)
      Everyone wants it all. But not everyone makes a complete prat out of themselves by announcing it publicly on a forum.
      If you want it all, do something about it.
      That's what the rest of us are doing.
      Not everyone, i certainly do not.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AshleyT)
      Not everyone, i certainly do not.
      Hmm fair enough. I'd still say a lot of people do though. That's part of the fun of living in a capitalist society - the fact that some people DO come pretty close, to having it all.

ReputationRep:

YES.

ReputationRep:
      If you have this much drive, I wouldn't be suprised if you did very well!

ReputationRep:
      To be honest I'm not sure I do. I don't know why, but if I envisage myself living a life where I have everything ... I think I'd just feel extremely guilty because I wouldn't need any of it (I do get guilty very easily though).

I think I'd be much more content living in a small house in a nice place in the country knowing that I've got enough to get by and that I'm not leading an extravagant lifestyle. I don't know why, but having everything just doesn't appeal to me. Whether it's the guilt or just the sheer wastefulness of it, I'm not entirely sure, but it's not really my thing.

That said I don't see people who do want it as wrong in any way. If that's your thing then go for it, but it doesn't appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
      I wanna be a billionaire..... :flute:

ReputationRep:
      What's the point, you'll end up hating the fact that someone somewhere will have more than you.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Yawn11)
      i want the money.. money and the cars, cars and the clothes... the hoes.... I suppose, I just wanna be successful?
      Straight from my babes Trey Songz

ReputationRep:
      Be a Billionaire!

ReputationRep:
      Who doesn't?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.