Main
    Squat: 115kg x 3
    Bench Press: 70kg x 3
    Rows: 52.5kg x 3

Assistance
    Dips: 7, 6, 5
    Bicep Curls: 21kg x 8, 5, 5
    Cable TriEx: 7th block x 8, 7, 5

Great session, very pleased to hit 70kg x 3 on bench press.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BUUUUUUUUUUDDAY!

ReputationRep:
    Monday

Main
    Squat: 115kg x 5
    Bench Press: 70kg x 5
    Rows: 55kg x 5

Assistance
    Abz: Random crap

Very, very pleased. Everything was pretty damn hard though.

It's a good day 'cause some time ago when I first started I was only doing 35kg for bench and today I've doubled that. Not too far off tripling my squat either (120kg x 5 would do it).

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the bench, feels good doesn't it when you look back and see you've made progress.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Nice work on the bench! Won't be long until you look back at 70kg with the same feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday

Main
    Squat: 92.5kg x 5
    Military Press: 42.5kg x 5
    Deadlift: 115kg x 5

Assistance
    Abs: Random bunch

Hell yes, 115kg deadlift! Grip was poor on it though but only because I was sweating a lot and wiped away with hands so it was bit slippery. Not TOO difficult though which must be a good sign. Also got 42.5kg for OHP which isn't shabby; last rep was hard but again, not TOO difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Friday

Main
    Squat: 117.5kg x 3
    Bench Press: 72.5kg x 3
    Rows: 57.5kg x 3

Assistance
    Dips: 3 x 8
    Bicep Curls: 23kg x 8, 8, 4
    Cable TriEx: 7th block x 3 x 8

Awesome session, very pleased. Squats didn't even feel too heavy for some reason which is always a good sign. Bench Press was also not bad. Really just wanted to push myself and I think that's why I got such a good workout. On dips too, I've always just not cared too much but just pushed myself and got 3x8 so I'm gonna try add some weight on them now.

ReputationRep:
    Monday

Main
    Squat: 117.5kg x 5
    Bench Press: 72.5kg x 5
    Rows: 57.5kg x 5

Assistance

Squat was fairly good. Really worried with bench press though; 4th rep nearly killed me and I really risked getting the 5th (terrible form getting it up in terms of it was shaking everywhere but got it up) as I had no spotter. Last rep for rows was a bit dodgy but I figure it doesn't matter too much. Many here advocate a little beat of cheating for rows if it gets it up.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Why no spotter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Why no spotter?
    Because they're all useless. Every time I tell them not to touch it unless I say so they think that means touch as often as possible.

For example, if I had a spotter he'd never have let me get that 5th rep on my own as I was struggling REALLY bad and he'd think I wouldn't be able to. Fair enough seeing it from there but I knew (sorta) that I could.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Because they're all useless. Every time I tell them not to touch it unless I say so they think that means touch as often as possible.

For example, if I had a spotter he'd never have let me get that 5th rep on my own as I was struggling REALLY bad and he'd think I wouldn't be able to. Fair enough seeing it from there but I knew (sorta) that I could.
    Give him this treatment:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Monday

Main
    Squat: 112.5kg x 5
    Bench Press: 67.5kg x 5
    Rows: 50kg x 5

Assistance

Went surprisingly well. Squats were very hard which is slightly worrying me 'cause I feel I may stall soon. Pleased with bench too; the 4th rep was as hard as hell but was determined to get that 5th - and did. No spotters because they are all stupid.

And, here are some terrible quality pics:

Legs are decent I think but chest is really lacking from what I see.
    For about 5 minutes there I thought your calf was a rather androgynous arse + stockings. Very worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    For about 5 minutes there I thought your calf was a rather androgynous arse + stockings. Very worrying.
    Lolwut?

ReputationRep:
    Friday

Main
    Squat: 120kg x 3
    Bench Press: 75kg x 2 (sad times)
    Rows: 60kg x 3

Assistance
    Dips: 3x8
    Bicep Curls: 23kg x 8, 8, 5
    Cable TriEx: 7th block x 3 x 8 (forgot I had done 7th already, fail!)

Well I should be happy getting 120kg squat. It means that since starting I've TRIPLED it from 40kg but I'm really annoyed at the bench press. Again, seems to be my main problem and I'm stuck. Will be asking for help on how to deload effectively.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.