Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is £20 contract good for BlackBerry 8520 for two years? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    Really? They seem quite popular, the thing about a product that becomes SO common and SO commonplace is that it becomes kind of trendy to criticise it and 'rebel' against everyone buying it - Everyone i know say they're pretty nifty..
    dude, get the desire for £25 i posted above. It beats the bb you want in every aspect, apart from size.

• 500 minutes (anytime, any network)
    • 5000 texts
    • 1GB internet

• 5000 Three-to-Three minutes
    • Voicemail

• 2 months Free Spotify Premium
    • Free PAYG SIM for a friend

• Free Twitter

(Original post by duke5)
      Really? They seem quite popular, the thing about a product that becomes SO common and SO commonplace is that it becomes kind of trendy to criticise it and 'rebel' against everyone buying it - Everyone i know say they're pretty nifty..
      They're a social phone. People that need to play Angry Birds all the time go for iPhones or Android devices.

ReputationRep:
      http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobil...93,All,tt2,ct1

look up deals on here, VAT's going not sure but I think there will be like maybe an odd 50p/£1 difference maybe not sure!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
      dude, get the desire for £25 i posted above. It beats the bb you want in every aspect, apart from size.

• 500 minutes (anytime, any network)
      • 5000 texts
      • 1GB internet

• 5000 Three-to-Three minutes
      • Voicemail

• 2 months Free Spotify Premium
      • Free PAYG SIM for a friend

• Free Twitter
      Lets dissect this a bit.
      • 5000 three-to-three minutes - I don't actually know anyone on three and anyway who talks on the phone for 83 hours a month?
      • Voicemail - comes with any phone
      • 5000 texts - why 5000 when you can get unlimited on another network? I don't know who would send that many texts anyway. That's 166 texts per day. That seems pretty ridiculous.
      • Free PAYG SIM - You can get them for free anyway.

Which leaves the Spotify, the internet and the any network minutes. Spotify is just to sweeten the deal which makes the internet and any netw mins the only good things in the package.

ReputationRep:
      The 8520 is old. Go for a newer one like the 9300/9700.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by alexs2602)
      Lets dissect this a bit.
      • 5000 three-to-three minutes - I don't actually know anyone on three and anyway who talks on the phone for 83 hours a month?
      • Voicemail - comes with any phone
      • 5000 texts - why 5000 when you can get unlimited on another network? I don't know who would send that many texts anyway. That's 166 texts per day. That seems pretty ridiculous.
      • Free PAYG SIM - You can get them for free anyway.

Which leaves the Spotify, the internet and the any network minutes. Spotify is just to sweeten the deal which makes the internet and any netw mins the only good things in the package.
      unlimited texts is actually a fair usage policy ranging from 3000-5000 texts. check the small print of other companies.

spotify and the three to three minutes to sweeten the deal; I dont mind. tbh i urge you to better this deal on any other network {that's mins, texts and internet}. let's see if you can. (from the network themselves)

ReputationRep:
      unlimited texts is actually a fair usage policy ranging from 3000-5000 texts. check the small print of other companies.

spotify and the three to three minutes to sweeten the deal; I dont mind. tbh i urge you to better this deal on any other network {that's mins, texts and internet}. let's see if you can. (from the network themselves)
      To be fair I havent thought about it, just saying there's a lot of overrated stuff in the deal.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by s_libra)
      http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobil...93,All,tt2,ct1

look up deals on here, VAT's going not sure but I think there will be like maybe an odd 50p/£1 difference maybe not sure!
      Hey, that's a really good fine, the first one on that list is £20 T Mobile with unlimited internet, i.e. pretty much my kind of tarrif.....can someone tell me if I'm missing something i.e. a £5 charge because I'm useless are spotting these things...

Thanks and Merry Xmas

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by alexs2602)
      To be fair I havent thought about it, just saying there's a lot of overrated stuff in the deal.
      as you've said, the stuff is there to sweeten the deal so that they can entice customers. the core stuff, i.e: minutes, texts and internet are rock solid.

ReputationRep:
      Hi can someone please confirm if this is a fairly good deal?

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobil...kBerry/7334983

ReputationRep:
      BB is rubbish.

I have 8520 and I pay £15 a month for 18 months with unlimited internet but the internet soooooooooooooooo slow its almost not worth having yet.

If you want a phone get the iphone.If not on contract buy it second hand and get a sim only contract for it. That way ur not tied down to a fixed length contract and ull still be able to get something for it when you sell it on and upgrade

ReputationRep:
      i don't really buy phones from other websites apart from phones 4 u and carphone warehouse, but the deal seems pretty good. I'm not a great fan of cashback either, having had a realllllllyyyy horrible experience last time.

This cashback however says that there are no claims and that the money will be payed into your account, so if your happy with it get it!

ReputationRep:
      i don't really buy phones from other websites apart from phones 4 u and carphone warehouse, but the deal seems pretty good. I'm not a great fan of cashback either, having had a realllllllyyyy horrible experience last time.

This cashback however says that there are no claims and that the money will be payed into your account, so if your happy with it get it!
      Cheers, I don't know what this cashback thing is?

Also, this offer doesn't have that 'redemption' thing does it? I don't know what that is either! Help!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by duke5)
      Cheers, I don't know what this cashback thing is?

Also, this offer doesn't have that 'redemption' thing does it? I don't know what that is either! Help!
      dude seriously, you're better off walking into a shop, e.g. carphone warehouse/phones 4 u and asking their advice. Tell them your budget and the phone you want and they'll mash a deal together. Also if anything goes wrong with the phone or plan you can go back to them - in past experiences they're very helpful.

ReputationRep:
      dude seriously, you're better off walking into a shop, e.g. carphone warehouse/phones 4 u and asking their advice. Tell them your budget and the phone you want and they'll mash a deal together. Also if anything goes wrong with the phone or plan you can go back to them - in past experiences they're very helpful.
      I ain't got the time to faff, I just need a BB for £20, that offer above given looks OK with no hidden costs, £20, and you're opinion was positive, so it looks above board..Time to buy

ReputationRep:
      Hold on, what's this sound like...

""""""""""Inclusive minutes are to UK mobiles and numbers starting with 01, 02 & 03 (excl. Jersey Guernsey and Isle of Man). Texts are to the customers of UK Mobile Networks. Voicemail isn't included. Unlimited Internet has a fair usage policy of 1GB a month."""""""

ReputationRep:
      i've got a £10 a month deal for 24 months - 8520.
      unlimited email and internet,
      250 texts,
      50 mins,
      bbm,
      unlimited mins to virgin mobiles

but you have to be a virgin media customer to get it.
      but if you're not, it's £15 a month.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by duke5)
      Hold on, what's this sound like...

""""""""""Inclusive minutes are to UK mobiles and numbers starting with 01, 02 & 03 (excl. Jersey Guernsey and Isle of Man). Texts are to the customers of UK Mobile Networks. Voicemail isn't included. Unlimited Internet has a fair usage policy of 1GB a month."""""""
      you can ring UK Mobiles

You can ring numbers starting with 01, 02, 03, i.e: you can phone a 0208 number and it'll come out of your inclusive minutes

when ringing voicemail, the minutes that you are in voicemail will come out of your inclusive minutes.

Texts are to UK mobile networks e.g. orange, T mob, 3, vodafone etc

unlimited internet is always capped to either 1GB or 2GB. (only some contracts are truly unlimited)

ReputationRep:
      i've pulled up a three page with tariffs:
      http://threestore.three.co.uk/handse...66&mixnmatch=1

add £5 to whichever price for unlimited internet.

so a 9700 refurb will cost £25 +£79 upfront
      a 9300 will cost £25
      a 9105 will cost £25

etc, a brand new 9700 will cost £30

ReputationRep:
      you can ring UK Mobiles

You can ring numbers starting with 01, 02, 03, i.e: you can phone a 0208 number and it'll come out of your inclusive minutes

when ringing voicemail, the minutes that you are in voicemail will come out of your inclusive minutes.

Texts are to UK mobile networks e.g. orange, T mob, 3, vodafone etc

unlimited internet is always capped to either 1GB or 2GB. (only some contracts are truly unlimited)
      Cheers for that, for some reason I overlooked the 'and' between UK mobiles and 01, 02 etc.

1GB should be plenty, this sounds like a good deal and from previous posters, its not a bad phone and new.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.