Is my Dad wrong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by semiotically)
    open prezzies on 24th
    Oh right!
    Another fantastic reason to be German, Swedish or French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    I didn't see it like that, it's the latter.
    I didn't hang around to see a reaction, after opening the door to see what he did I was like :O and went upstairs.
    It's okay now, stupid me.
    :')
    Wanted opinions before I reacted tbf
    Glad things worked out

ReputationRep:
    he wasnt ungreatful, whats the problem?

ReputationRep:
    don't forget to give your old man a big hug

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? This is a topic? Don't people usually save this sort of thing for their diaries?

ReputationRep:
    He definitely should be grounded for at least a month. No pocket money too.

ReputationRep:
    you should've of got ignorance off his chest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    I'm sure he was just too excited, I think that's quite sweet actually :lol:

But yes, I'd tell him off.
    (Sorry for being off topic)

Not usually fond of cats, but your sig is adorable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    So, normally I spend around £20 on my Dad at Christmas, usually just get him a tshirt or something from Next and then some Lynx.

This year, as he gives me quite a bit of money, I thought it'd be nice to "spoil" him, or at least show him how much I appreciate all he does for me.

So I brought him The Pacific box set, three cans of Lynx, some The Body Shop face washes and shaving gels and some socks from Next.

I placed them under the tree just, and he ripped them open.

Yet everyone else here is waiting until tomorrow, we've never once opened our presents early, Mother and everyone else is waiting until Christmas.

I know it's pedantic of me, as some people won't even be able to eat on Christmas, let alone send gifts and this is minor compared to that.

But in context, is he in the wrong for doing this? I've gone to my room, i've not shouted or anything as to no spoil Christmas.
    But it's upset me.

(The boxset was rather hard to get hold of too, I went to three HMV's, and all only had the cardboard edition in stock until I managed to find two tin editions)

EDIT: Just went back down, he's grateful etc, so good I guess
    It's lovely you brought all those things for your Dad. That shows you care a lot about him.

Beth (who also has an awesome Dad )

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't have been happy at all tbh
    but well done on you with keeping your cool!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.