Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: what's the point of a ONS? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperKell)
    Woke up in an empty bed this morning ?
    Not exactly... Was just feeling disappointed because I wanted a fling (i.e. still no strings) and it appears that he only wanted to see me once. :/ It started out fine but presumably I botched things up somewhere along the way. :s

ReputationRep:
    It's just a bit of stress relief and one to add to the black book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    I have never had a classic ONS, but have several times ****ed or "been with" a girl only once and then avoided her afterwards. Essentially that's because she was rubbish in bed, annoying, not as pretty as I thought, our lips didn't fit together well when kissing, or I simply woke up and no longer found her appealing but had no idea why.

Some of them were trophy ****s, where I only wanted to **** her because she was in some way "special" and I considered it a challenge or at least worth doing.

I'm always open to the idea of seeing her again, though, in theory.
    Guess I'm not as pretty as he thought, then. :/

One really weird detail: I went to pick something up that I had left at his house, and when I got there he was 'wasted'. Given that it was a rather odd time to be drunk (5-6pm at home on a Thursday night) I can't help but think it was because he felt quite severely awkward about speaking to me... is this likely?

Edit: 100th post, brilliant. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    They want to put their **** in something that isn't their hand, an animal or made out of plastic?
    Humans are animals, though :cool:

ReputationRep:
    to experience the greatest pleasure known to man? duuhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IQ Test)
    Humans are animals, though :cool:
    Do you tell the police that, when you're caught?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishpie)
    its the beer goggles effect! most of the time the person you wake up with isnt as good looking as you thought they were the night before...
    Is this a personal experience? ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Or are Welsh.
    LAD

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with the OP.

I'm all for casual sex in theory, but if I like someone enough to have sex with them once, then I surely like them enough to have sex with them more than once.

If I had a ONS, I'd be either:

(a) disappointed that I had sex with someone I didn't like that much, or
    (b) disappointed that they didn't like me enough to want to see me again.

Lose-lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    I have never had a classic ONS, but have several times ****ed or "been with" a girl only once and then avoided her afterwards. Essentially that's because she was rubbish in bed, annoying, not as pretty as I thought, our lips didn't fit together well when kissing, or I simply woke up and no longer found her appealing but had no idea why.
    That pretty much describes most of the ONS that I have had. Occasionally it has gone further if everything clicked. I actually met my wife this way.

(Original post by Maestosa)
    Guess I'm not as pretty as he thought, then.
    Not necessarily, things maybe just didn’t click as mentioned in cttp_ngafs’ post. Don’t let the little things get you down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trooper6)
    That pretty much describes most of the ONS that I have had. Occasionally it has gone further if everything clicked. I actually met my wife this way.

Not necessarily, things maybe just didn’t click as mentioned in cttp_ngafs’ post. Don’t let the little things get you down.
    Well if things are as cttp_ngafs described them, I'm either not sufficiently pretty, or rubbish in bed, or there's something wrong with my lips.

Maybe it was just that we didn't click... I was too rash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)

I'm all for casual sex in theory, but if I like someone enough to have sex with them once, then I surely like them enough to have sex with them more than once.

Lose-lose.
    that is classical emotions attached to sex, iv had a ons and it was just because i was in a club and wanted to **** her silly that night not because i felt any real deep attraction, so its not really got anything to do with her, just really the circumstances we met.

ps merry xmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by specialk_698)
    that is classical emotions attached to sex, iv had a ons and it was just because i was in a club and wanted to **** her silly that night not because i felt any real deep attraction, so its not really got anything to do with her, just really the circumstances we met.

ps merry xmas
    Who said anything about emotions?

ReputationRep:

ps merry xmas
    'Deep attraction' needn't be emotional, it just means you'll have better sex.

ReputationRep:
    'Deep attraction' needn't be emotional, it just means you'll have better sex.
    hmm maybe but not always...... giggidy giggidy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Who said anything about emotions?

Lose-lose.
    or do you decide to like someone based on something else?

ReputationRep:
    hmm maybe but not always...... giggidy giggidy
    lol, what?

ReputationRep:
    lol, what?
    lol http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...gidy%20giggidy

http://static.pplaylist.com/uimg/@/f...208905473p.gif

ReputationRep:
    I think the question of 'If it's nice to have no-strings sex with someone, why not do it more than once like a fling rather than ONS' can be basically answered with that it is difficult to keep it no-strings if it becomes a 'thing' that you do, you know, I mean I think many people would like to have casual sex more but it gets complicated and scary methinks...

ReputationRep:
    Guess I'm not as pretty as he thought, then. :/
    1. I gave several more reasons than that
    2. I am not the guy you slept with.

Well if things are as cttp_ngafs described them, I'm either not sufficiently pretty, or rubbish in bed, or there's something wrong with my lips.
    Getting closer, but you're still only picking the reasons that let you feel most sorry for yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.