Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - A Christmas Carol - 25/12/10 - no future spoilers Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the episode?
    Excellent
    39.68%
    Good
    36.51%
    Poor
    15.87%
    Awful
    7.94%

ReputationRep:
    Oooo, I liked that Very xmassy but still had as good a story as an ordinary ep, if not better. A tiny part of the puritan in me would have liked it to be more adherent to the real xmas carol lol, but I thought it was actually quite a good story And he wore a fez :P Very holiday-ish, good message etc! Loved the singing as well, wondered why they had catherine jenkins! thought the amy/rory gags were funny too
    and HOW cool does next series look??! More river (?), more fez jokes and a new hat! What do you think?

(Original post by Onyx.)
    That episode failed. I supposed I over hyped it a little and it turned out to be the most boring episode of the new Matt Smith series :yawn:
    Really? God, I thought Victory of daleks/beast below/some silurian ones etc were WAY worse - this was great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onyx.)
    That episode failed. I supposed I over hyped it a little and it turned out to be the most boring episode of the new Matt Smith series :yawn:
    I agree. I guess it kinda lacked the excitement that all the other episodes had. Oh well, lets hope the new series is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I found it to be a pretty decent episode. It carried some emotional weight and had a few humourous moments, but failed a little at the pacing. I liked that they had a bittersweet ending, whereas RTD might have moved it to an "EVERYBODY LIVES!" ending.

ReputationRep:
    I missed the first half and cared not for it :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with *sigh* LastLordofTime, the pacing threw the episode off a little bit, like it does in all the normal 45 minute Matt Smith episodes, Moffat seems to have great ideas but just struggles to fit them in to what ever time slot he is allocated, be it a 45 minute slot or a 1 hour slot.

Ooooh and the Doctor has a new outfit =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    I'm too excited. I already have my fez on.
    I wore my fez too and for QI yesterday! We are living up to your username

Anyway, I seem to be in the minority with regards to the ep. Maybe I'm just too fond of cheeze?

ReputationRep:
    it was alright...not too good, not too bad

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was disappointing

ReputationRep:
    As a Doctor Who episode it was poor as the Katherine Jenkins promo it clearly was it was brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Hit and miss. Pacing was off. Best bit was Arthur Darvill (or whatever) finally getting his name in the credits. Gambon was decent, first five/ten minutes were excellent. Rest was a bit mediocre until the Christmas Eve bits, which eventually nosedived.

Too much timey wimey as well. NO MORE TIMEY WIMEY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    I wore my fez too and for QI yesterday! We are living up to your username

Anyway, I seem to be in the minority with regards to the ep. Maybe I'm just too fond of cheeze?

Well, fezes are cool.

He changed his outfit a little too, although he still looks might fine :coma:.

ReputationRep:
    i just cant help thinking David Tennant would have done a better job. but im still looking forward to the next series

ReputationRep:
    It was a pretty good episode, but not excellent though

(Original post by Pensivedore)
    Dumbledore is in the episode . Actually, what I'm looking forward to is the trailer for series 6 at the end of the episode!
    So that's what it was, I thought it was some kind of special episode, looks like they're going stateside

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I didn't like it very much, but I guess it was a Christmas episode and they had to make it all cheesy and Christmas-y.

(Original post by The Cornerstone)
    So that's what it was, I thought it was some kind of special episode, looks like they're going stateside
    I know! It looks amazing, I think Amy is going to die in this series..or something similar, I realy don't think she'l be back for series 7..
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty good for a Christmas episode. You could easily tell it was more of a Steven Moffat episode than an RTD espisode, which was very much welcomed by me.

So year, pretty good. Nice to see some Doctor Who again and now a little wait for the next series, which looks excellent

ReputationRep:
    I thought the first half was crap and really slow paced, but I really liked the last half with all the Christmas eves Amy and Rorys get up was giggle worthy. I wondered why they were dressed like that when I saw the trailer and then realisation hit me...

Best part was the next season preview. More River

ReputationRep:
    Also, not that it's something I look for in an episode but I loved the whole steampunk style, thought it was portrayed very well.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of 'festive' and 'Christmas-sy', I thought it was a good episode, not my favourite Christmas special but still good.

Oh and I screamed when the Doctor and Kazran wore their Fezzes. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Two things, fellow geeks.

Spoiler:
    Show
    1. In the Christopher Eccleston series, when future and past Rose touched, monsters came to clear up the paradox. Why didn't that happen when young and old Kazran hugged?

2. When Katherine Jenkins (for it was clearly her playing herself, rather than playing Abigail) was singing at the end, she sang "When you're alone, silence is all you'll know/see". Significant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Two things, fellow geeks.

Spoiler:
    Show
    1. In the Christopher Eccleston series, when future and past Rose touched, monsters came to clear up the paradox. Why didn't that happen when young and old Kazran hugged?
    I was thinking that. I was thinking "Noo, don't touch him!!" Then he did, and I was like, "Oh... "

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.