Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you wear big headphones(Dr Dre's or skullcandy etc..) in public? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Of course, I wear mine out. Why should I sacrifice the listening quality of my music just because somebody else might not like my headphones?

ReputationRep:
    Err yes otherwise I would be at home and would surely just use my speakers? I use my headphones out and about all the time, better sound quality plus the in-ear jobbies, rather ironically, won't stay in my ears.

ReputationRep:
    I've worn big chunky headphones out in public, they're great . I've also seen others do so too. I don't think many people mind about them or find them strange, and even if they do, then who cares? Just do what make you happy :yep:

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Being ever the pessimist, are they not just a huge neon sign saying - "Rob me, I have an mp3 player/smartphone."
    Most people tend to have mp3 players and smartphones these days anyway, so who'd really bother stealing them anymore? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I'd never wear skull candy head phones. First of all I can't believe they wrote "Skullcandy makes the sickest Headphones, Earbuds, and iPod Docks" as their description for google results.
    They're for pretentious teens that care more about image than actual sound quality.

ReputationRep:
    skullcandy have really bad sound quality... But they look cooler!! I dont care what other people think, Its about the music, Yeah i wud wear them in public!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, some of the things I've read in this thread are PATHETIC. Of course you can wear them in public, I do it all the time! Who the **** is going to randomly try and yank your headphones off in PUBLIC? Where there are people EVERYWHERE! Some of you people need to wake up and realise you're in the 21st century.

Wear them in public!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieAngel)
    skullcandy have really bad sound quality... But they look cooler!! I dont care what other people think, Its about the music, Yeah i wud wear them in public!!
    If its about the music then why would you buy sub par head phones.

ReputationRep:
    There's a boy in my school who goes around wearing them and we all think he looks like a douche. That said, he'd probably be a douche even without them. I say, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Obviously Skull Candys are ****. At least everone here knows that.

Dr Dre Beats are okay but for the price you pay, but there are plenty of far superior headphones you could get for the price they charge, so those too are obviously more about the look/name than the sound.

There's two reasons why I only wear proper headphones at home/indoors:
    1. Almost every single pair of decent headphones leak sound more than in-ear buds. I don't like the idea of forcing people to hear my music, I don't want to be THAT GUY.
    2. In-ear buds give much, much, MUCH better noise-cancellation so are much better for listening in public where 99% of the time, it's noisy around you.

ReputationRep:
    If you like them, wear them.
    **** what other people think.

ReputationRep:
    A few people can pull them pff, most look like *******s.

A lot of people are talking about big headphones havng better sound quality than earbuds but this is not always the case, for the same money the sound quality will often be similar. Headphones can offer a more natural, "open" sound whilst in ears can often be more accurate and crisper.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with wearing them
    I just don't wear mine outside that often cause they **** up my hair XD

ReputationRep:
    Hells yeah, think they look cool

ReputationRep:
    In ears.

ReputationRep:
    lol bose. But na, you hardly look out of place.

ReputationRep:
    IDK why, but the people I've met who wear headphones in public tend to be emo ******s/metros/hipster ******s.

ReputationRep:
    they wouldn't fit over my hair
    but loads of people seem to wear big headphones here though i think it's mainly because they want to look cooler/more stylish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Nah, they look silly IMO.
    Next time I see you around campus with my big ass head phones on, I'm giving you a dirty look.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, because big headphones hurt my ears.

It would seem that I have an abnormally wide head.

ReputationRep:
    People will probably judge, but who cares, the sound quality is too good to not wear them. I do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.