Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Dell XPS M1330 which is a great size. I wouldn't want anything bigger tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting a troll thread.

ReputationRep:
    i thought you were talking about the size of your ****. so i was all like :eek:, that's a big gurth, A TROUSER SNAKE OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS.

but no, 13.3 is a bit too small

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    That seems a sufficient amount for pleasure. :sexface:
    Do you not mean pain I mean I would nt know but would say there was a limit

ReputationRep:
    So are Samsung any good?
    I do like their look compared to others, not too bothered if this makes me a little vain its hardly apple proportions is it!

ReputationRep:
    It does depend on your preference. I'd say defo try to have a play with some first.
    For me, 13" seems like the perfect screen size for a laptop. My old 15" dell is too big, and my netbook is too small. My MBP is just about right I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    It does depend on your preference. I'd say defo try to have a play with some first.
    For me, 13" seems like the perfect screen size for a laptop. My old 15" dell is too big, and my netbook is too small. My MBP is just about right I think
    All that matters really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron Ramsey)
    Happy xmas everyone!
    Just looking at buying a laptop and wondered what peoples experiences were with the smaller notebooks etc.

I just want it for surfing really few films prob via my tv but would imagine all can do that now???. Needs to have wireless capabilities prob all do that too?

I have really small hands so dont think keyboard size should be a problem if anything would probably suit just not sure.

No budget as such but it must look good to me quite like Samsung R540-JA04UK Core i3 Laptop in Silver - NP-R540-JA04UK

any opinions?
    I've been using a 13.3" laptop for about 3 and a half years now. I just got the Macbook air (the 13" one) and I dont see any problem with having a laptop this size. watching movies is perfectly fine as long as the resolution is good. mine is 1440 x 900. plus its only 1.3 kg which is really handy for carrying it out. if you dont carry your laptop around much and a main use is to watch movies then i suggest getting a larger laptop.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your interest dnemberwang. I am playing a few games for a lesser known team called nottingham forest you ll prob nevwer have heard of them??

They try bless em but cant wait to get back with cesc and the gang
    lol you are NOT Ramsey

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was a typical H&R thread before I read the OP and was like wow, 13.3 inches is a good length but someone's trolling! .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I really am honest I would nt lie to you

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what you want it for, and where you're going to use it. My old laptop was 15.4" and that was awesome when I was using it as a desktop replacement and not taking it anywhere. Now I've got a 13.3" ultraportable laptop and it is amaaaaazing because I'm travelling between the UK and Italy this year, and take it around with me a fair bit when I'm in Italy because I don't get internet in my room where I'm living...

ReputationRep:
    Anything above 7 inches is big

ReputationRep:
    I prefer 15". 13" just feels small, and 17" is too heavy and unwieldy, and it feels like you're lugging round a mini-TV. 15" is just right for me.

It's a personal thing though, I have a friend that uses a "cute" 13" and another that likes his 17". Then again, he has a wheeled bag.

ReputationRep:
    1366x 786 i think if thats what you mean??
    On a 13" screen? Your eyes will hate you.

ReputationRep:
    The Samsung Q330 is a beast.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.