Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A level combination/ best enrichment Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    If I were in that position, I would do:

Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Modern History + Latin + Law further reading.

But what you should do depends on your strengths and whether you can manage the workload and get the top grades as well.
    what does law further reading involve? is it a course/programme you complete in college or just read around the subject?

(Original post by Lawlet)
      what does law further reading involve? is it a course/programme you complete in college or just read around the subject?
      Yeah, reading about the subject, so any areas of Law that you find interesting.

ReputationRep:
      Thanks

ReputationRep:
      Ever thought about the IB? It's perfect for Law as it mixes a variety of skills and it obviously sounds like you could handle the work load

ReputationRep:
      wouldnt u rather b better off doing sports or music as enrichment, i mean it demonstrates social life and various skills as ur gonna be doing a hell loads work....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oasis Jnr)
      wouldnt u rather b better off doing sports or music as enrichment, i mean it demonstrates social life and various skills as ur gonna be doing a hell loads work....
      i play both basketball/badminton (not as high as basketball) to a pretty good standard, so i'll join the college team for at least one of the sport; also i tried to learn the piano three years ago and i just wasn't interested.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by placebo24)
      Ever thought about the IB? It's perfect for Law as it mixes a variety of skills and it obviously sounds like you could handle the work load
      I researched the IB, i found out; firstly you need to do twice as much as a level to get the enough amount of credit, secondly i think is only usually if you want to study aboard e.g America, whilst A-level is the better option if you want to stay in the UK, of course correct me if am wrong.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lawlet)
      I researched the IB, i found out; firstly you need to do twice as much as a level to get the enough amount of credit, secondly i think is only usually if you want to study aboard e.g America, whilst A-level is the better option if you want to stay in the UK, of course correct me if am wrong.
      Nah, I remember reading about some Cambridge professor talking about how they'd pick an IB student over an a level student if they were equal. I know A levels are better for more specific subjects like science...

And 6 a levels IS twice the workload, so no difference really.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by placebo24)
      Nah, I remember reading about some Cambridge professor talking about how they'd pick an IB student over an a level student if they were equal. I know A levels are better for more specific subjects like science...

And 6 a levels IS twice the workload, so no difference really.
      the problem is the second modern foregin language, since the college doesn't offer japanese. Though i think i will do well in the other area.

ReputationRep:
      Bump... anymore advice?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.