Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I politely tell someone to respect my space? Watch

(Original post by prescilla)
    It's still not normal even though guys may think that all girls are crazy. But that's just too much. She just seems quite narcissist person who can't understand how she should act as a person. Or maybe she does but she chooses to play innocent.

Kind people like you usually end up ruining their lives because they don't want to hurt other peoples feelings, no matter how rude or crazy they are. Think about your family and friends, eventually it will affect them too. Is she ever jealous about your other friends? I don't think that anything else will work, you'll have to be nasty to her. She just doesn't seem to understand what's right and what's wrong. And by looking at her actions, I would say that she is a very controlling person. She tries to control her actions, her appearance. She tries to be perfect. And I believe she tries to control you too. It may be about your looks, your friends, your decisions and other parts of your life. Does she try to control you? I'm not a professional but she seems really psychotic and narcissist.
    Definitely. She tells me my friends and bf are mental. On numerous occasions, she has attempted to sabotage my relationships and hurt people along the way. She has even told me to get a restraining order on my bf. Yet, she is the one appearing to knock on my front door numerous times and all the other things such as texts, mail, calls. If she catches me speaking to friends/bf on the laptop, she will get very angry and physically shut my laptop lid down, grab my hand as if I am a child and drag me away from the laptop.

I understand why she does it though.

(Original post by SkyNinja)
    I see... Does she have other male friends? if not i think shes not going to leave you until you become one of her sexual partners. Some people are like this and if you do something wrong it can lead to her commiting suicide as you know she already has some issues mentally. The only thing i can suggest now is to talk to her parents and see if they can do something....unless its ok with them that their daughter has slept with 20 guyz...then your f***ed lol.
    No, her parents obviously believe that she is right. They even bring her univited around to my home. Also, they would be offended if they felt their parenting was being questioned. The parents are avid Christians and believe in no sex before marriage. She always mocks and finds it funny how she has slept with so many people, yet her parents either do not know or do not say anything.

She recently damaged £110 worth of a good belonging to somebody who lended it to her on the basis of trust. He wanted compensation and I told her she was partially responsible on the fact that she did not take care of it, and he is at fault fo lending it out in the first place. If he didn't lend it out, it wouldn't have been stolen (Although the law says that she is fully responsible). Her parents were adamant that she was right and refused to pay anything.

Can you see how parenting has played a part at defining who this young person has become? To be honest, it will be hard to change at such an age unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, her parents obviously believe that she is right. They even bring her univited around to my home. Also, they would be offended if they felt their parenting was being questioned. The parents are avid Christians and believe in no sex before marriage. She always mocks and finds it funny how she has slept with so many people, yet her parents either do not know or do not say anything.

She recently damaged £110 worth of a good belonging to somebody who lended it to her on the basis of trust. He wanted compensation and I told her she was partially responsible on the fact that she did not take care of it, and he is at fault fo lending it out in the first place. If he didn't lend it out, it wouldn't have been stolen (Although the law says that she is fully responsible). Her parents were adamant that she was right and refused to pay anything.

Can you see how parenting has played a part at defining who this young person has become? To be honest, it will be hard to change at such an age unfortunately.
    Thats bad. I think your only chance now is to get her hooked up with another guy whos also desperate. Dont let her ruin your life.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be difficult, but it really sounds like telling her is the only option, OP. You can't let her hold you back, she's not your responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She is such a nazi that if I asked her to respect my space and that what she is doing is disrespectful, she will be offended for sure and not take it well. Even my family are affected the the actions of this girl because when the phone rings or she knocks on my door, they wonder what the hell is going on.

I also find it strange as to why her mother brings her around to knock numerous times in such a short span of time. If I attempt to relate to a normal parent's mind, I would be embarrassed to do such a thing and actually tell the offspring that maybe it isn't such a good idea and to wait till next time.

The word 'tons' applies to the emails, texts, calls to mobile/housephone and door knocking.
    She is manipulative and controlling, and will do whatever to get her own way. If I say that I can't do something i.e go somewhere, she will put words in my mouth and tell me what to do. For example, I am battling with the flu and have told her I have no energy to go out. She will say, 'But flu lasts for 5 days'. Who is she to tell me what is best for me? What I should do? and yes, the symptoms of flu may last for 5 days, but the remaining after-effects still persist.

I am at my wits end, but I don't want to say 'f**k off'.
    Tell her you have a girlfriend and she doesn't like you talking to her.

ReputationRep:
    stab her. twice. and her mom.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.