Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I find this beautiful! Do you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty, I'd probably wear it

ReputationRep:
    They have dresses like that in french connection, except they're 130 fricking pounds. My friend has one and she looks gorgeous in it. Go for it

ReputationRep:
    One of these clothes that will hopefully never leave catwalks...

Sorry, but this looks like a retro-20s-grandma-sunday-lunch-dress.

PS: As there are so many positive remarks I thought to post a negative one. It's all about keeping a balance

PPS: I guess it depends on the occasion. If you want to meet a guy your age you're interested in, please, never ever wear this. When visiting your grandparents... they may like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xPixie)
    You could always get a size bigger & just take it in
    That's a good idea! Why didn't i think of that :confused:??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I'm inclined to agree with this

Silence male :mad:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grt)
    One of these clothes that will hopefully never leave catwalks...

Sorry, but this looks like a retro-20s-grandma-sunday-lunch-dress.

PS: As there are so many positive remarks I thought to post a negative one. It's all about keeping a balance

PPS: I guess it depends on the occasion. If you want to meet a guy your age you're interested in, please, never ever wear this. When visiting your grandparents... they may like it.

Yah, i was pretty certain guys would find it a mookish, whilst girls would find it very attractive, i just think it just looks so unusal and elegent! The sexiness is in he sheer bits, no? But, i suppose we all have our tastes (yours are just clearly off )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    OMG the dresses are so cheap! :eek:

Do they do these sales often?

As for me, yeah, I like that dress.
    Nao, well a huge one for xmas, and smaller ones elsewhere ,you should go to republic more often, they have some really great dressed (and 2 for 1's etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarky-x)
    I really like it, I could see why your mum approves and as mentioned above it is quite 'old' looking but I'm sure someone at 35 would wear it much differently than say a teen/twenty something.

My thoughts exactly i was so gonna get it until the size issue cropped up, but i may listen to the ingenious poster that said get a size up and go blue peter on it's ass, fanks for all the help everyone

ReputationRep:
    Quite classic, but you'd have to be Asian.

ReputationRep:
    Providing you get a time machine back to the 50's with it, yes.

ReputationRep:
    It's really nice. I was looking at it in white. I wish I still worked there, 50% off :coma:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Quite classic, but you'd have to be Asian.
    ......Is profesh psychic :confused:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    It's really nice. I was looking at it in white. I wish I still worked there, 50% off :coma:.

would be quite problematic getting a boner in that though, ruin that classic effect n all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roocky)
    would be quite problematic getting a boner in that though, ruin that classic effect n all
    I wanted to get it for my bird, not me So I could get a boner when I'm taking it off her :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    ......Is profesh psychic :confused:?
    No: just equipped with a certain combination of aesthetic judgement and cultural nous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    No: just equipped with a certain combination of aesthetic judgement and cultural nous.

I does not understand

Good though !
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamTheKook)
    It's quite unlikely since it's in the sale.
    Aha, silly me.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't look like something I would expect people in our age groupo to wear, but I don't have to wear it, so got it if you like it! lol

ReputationRep:
    Yah, i was pretty certain guys would find it a mookish, whilst girls would find it very attractive, i just think it just looks so unusal and elegent! The sexiness is in he sheer bits, no? But, i suppose we all have our tastes (yours are just clearly off )
    True, I like girls in jeans and hoodies or t-shirts or whatever, but generally the more "sporty/relaxed" style (without looking chavish). I was never turned on by grandmas

As long as you like it, enjoy. Life's too short to not wear clothes you like because others could care (except for skinny jeans on guys - ugh).

ReputationRep:
    It is a v. Asian dress imo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.