Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There are ugly people in every country, I don't think you can generalize a nation like that.

ReputationRep:
    The UK: 1 out of 10 is extremely gorgeous - all the beauty was taken by that one and nothing remained for the other nine.

Brazil: 5 out of 10 are 'just' pretty - that makes a higher chance that you'll bump into someone nice looking.

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world
    I would lmao so hard if you're an American.

Bad diet and inbreeding is much more common there.

Just go somewhere like Mississippi (the fattest state there) and it's full of rednecks so there's bound to be inbred people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I would lmao so hard if your an American.

Bad diet and inbreeding is much more common there.

Just go somewhere like Mississippi (the fattest state there) and it's full of rednecks so there's bound to be inbred people.
    i think mummy should buy you a history book next christmas, inbreeding in the southern states is overrated and really just a running joke. Otherwise the us has a massive genetic and racial diversity and hence better looking people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Same. :awesome:

Feck off, or we'll set the badgers off on one of their infamous rampages on you OP. They can cause some very nasty grazes.
    zzYou would have to be a right wuss to get battered by a bunch of Badgers!

ReputationRep:
    Everywhere has ugly and hot people.Living here,I have seen a few ugly people,but many hot peoople too.Look at some british celebs:
    paolo nutini
    emma watson
    kate winslet
    karen gillian
    david tennant etc..they arent ugly in my opinion at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world
    People probably rank them low because of the bad teeth stereotype.

BTW, the link doesn't work for me, can you repost it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin Hammer)
    i think mummy should buy you a history book next christmas, inbreeding in the southern states is overrated and really just a running joke. Otherwise the us has a massive genetic and racial diversity and hence better looking people.
    Well, history books don't compare to living & visiting the southern states, sorry.
    You're basing all of your assumptions on California, Southern Florida and New York. They are nothing like the real America.
    You'd be ignorant if you thought the real America had higher racial diversity then the UK too.

If you went there you'd know what I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin Hammer)
    inbreeding in the southern states is overrated
    This

ReputationRep:
    Most just don't put in the effort, unlike most Europeans.

Americans all look the same with their fake teeth and ridiculous eyebrows.

ReputationRep:
      Looks fade. That's all that needs to be said. These 'good looking' countries are almost always far poorer than we are (perhaps not atm, but I'm talking long term :P) I'd rather be of a nationality that does something other than preen itself.

ReputationRep:
      ha, this is not true.
      there are many good looking british people I mean look at chezza shes gorgeous

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by spazman21)
      This is so true... If you go to some other countries, you'll certainly see a difference.

Brazil, Eastern Europe, Italy etc.

Also, the British tend to dress really badly.

Edit: I just found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-J9ZpQYW8s

HAHAAHA

(it is a little bit exaggearate, but, for the most part is accurate.)
      Haha at the video.. It is a bit extreme yes, like the best of sweden and the worst of UK.
      But then again, Swedish people are known for being good looking, I think they have a nicer diet, cleaner perhaps? (I havn't been to Sweden but they're pretty similar to here - and after living my first term in the UK, I find that there are more fatty, cheaper options and LOTS more chocolate/candy in the shops. And it isn't normal to eat crisps every day for lunch, more like movie snack once a week)

ReputationRep:
      I really think the environment has made people eat, drink and live an unhealthy lifestyle in this country. I wish people wouldn't drink so much, or eat fatty take aways all the time. People are getting larger all the time, we should recognise this as a problem, regardless of what other countries are like or what they are doing.

My God, is that what clubbing is like? :zomg:

Horrendous.

Anyways, either way, some people find Brits attractive, some don't. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
        This is so true... If you go to some other countries, you'll certainly see a difference.

HAHAAHA

Brilliant video!!

Well, in answer to your question. Most other countries tend to have really good looking people and really ugly people. England managed to breed a massive middle okay-looking mush of people. Somehow.

Being mixed-race, I don't have this very British problem, thank goodness.

Also, OP the link in your first post doesn't work??

ReputationRep:
        Cos ya'll don't brush your teeth :yes:

Spoiler:
        Show
        there goes my hope of getting another green gemzz :sigh:

ReputationRep:
        I don't agree. There are loads of hot british guys (and girls of course).

ReputationRep:

HAHAAHA

:eek:
        well... tbh they look like sluts but whatever floats your boat spazperson

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.