Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend brings another girl - WTF!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    lol i wish he had brought two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    The ultimate question, is she fitter than you? :holmes:
    Probably, hence the anger.

I dont get this 'break' BS. So she says 'you ain't getting any poon for a while, but you gotta stick with me'? Wat?

ReputationRep:
    lol that sucks, maybe he sent you a message by phone or facebook that you didn't receive telling you about the break up. Maybe he thought he told you but you got the wrong end of the stick whatever it is I feel sorry for you I wish I could console you in your moment of grief.

ReputationRep:
    WTF is the point of a 'break'? K we're not together, but you're not allowed to be with anyone else either. Just because you decide you can't handle a relationship doesn't mean he should put his life on hold indefinitely.

Good on him, hope she was hot

ReputationRep:
    you really cant use the word break without the other person jumping to break up. Breaks are harder than break ups because you need to discussing the rules of it regarding other women/men, contact and so on so unless you made it clar no other women allowed then you cant blame him. I also hate the idea of a break, break up or stay together and I dont think any relationship that needs one will last long anyway

ReputationRep:
    what friends episode is this from?

sounds familiar lool

and pft, shouldve been more specific. I wouldve assumed a 'break' to mean the relationship is over too

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a nice guy, sounds like he did everything you asked, didnt make a fuss..if you had problems it makes sense...you sound a bit meh. Breaks are stupid, you dont go on breaks. He even offered to leave so you enjoyed the rest of the meal with your freinds. Im sorry but people really cant be there one minute for you and gone the next when it pleases you due to some problems...gonna have to face up to the fact that hes moved on

ReputationRep:
    In addition, its entirely unfair to tell him to "go on a break" and expect him to not have any contact with you, but hes also not allowed anything with any other women

ReputationRep:
    Don't think this is what the OP was looking for :lol: Oh well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violet Hill)
    I'll keep this short, I'm coming back from a christmas dinner with my group of friends and am FUMING!

3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I went on a break, I initiated it because I was having a tough time personally and I didn't want to put any strain on him or the relationship so thought it would be best to keep my distance. We've been together for 2 years, when I asked for a break he was quite disappointed and quietly accepted. After that he wasn't really keeping in contact much but I thought he is giving me the space I asked for.

I texted him every other week just for a quick hi and ask how he's doing, he'd always reply with something like "yeah cool thanks, hope you're well x" and that's all the contact we've had.

Today we were all getting together for a christmas dinner and he brings another girl with him :mad: I was so confused, it turned out some of our friends already knew her and it was common knowledge that he's with her

First I was just wondering what's going on, he said hello to me in a normal way, smiled and went about his way very normally. Then we all sat down and he had her arm around her and she whispering in his ear giggling. I finally caught on that he's WITH HER and called him to the side and confronted him.

He was shocked that I was angry and said he thought we had broken up :confused: and that he's been dating her for 2 weeks now. I started crying and he kept asking what's wrong, and I told him that we were on a break not broken up!!!! He kept denying it and said I had broken up with HIM! I told him I was meaning to take him back soon after and he said that's bull **** and he doesn't believe in this 'break' stuff.

He apologised that it upset me and said he'll go to let me enjoy with my friends instead of having an uncomfortable atmosphere, so he left and texted me saying "really sorry, I had no idea but seems like we're on different pages now. Sorry, tc x"

I'm honestly just shocked to the core, like WTF!? Here I was thinking I still have my boyfriend of 2 years by my side and all this time he's been with another girl...I can't believe he thought we were over!!!

I really need some advice now, how do I approach this? Was I in the wrong did I do something wrong???
    You can not 'go on a break’ and resume a relationship whenever you want. Life is full of complex issues and you have to live with it man; relationships comes with both good and bad, the character and the bond in relationships is built by what you go through together.

You were selfish to tell him you wanted a 'break' what I gather it was not a consensus; rather seems like you assumed full sovereignty in your decision.

Therefore, you snooze you loose….. Move on and learn from it if he does not take you back.

ReputationRep:
    Although 'break' vs 'break up' is a confusing one, no way should he have brought a new woman along 2 weeks later! That's rude since you went out for 2 years. Peeps seem to be forgetting that on this thread :s

ReputationRep:
    ^^ But OP was trying to be selfless as to not put her problems & strain on her boyfriend?
    In answer to Yawza :P

ReputationRep:
    This seems amazingly appropriate:

http://images0.memegenerator.net/Ima...s-from-friends

ReputationRep:
    If my girlfriend suggested a break, that would be IT!

Over.

Goodbye.

Your fault to be honest. Can't just expect someone to wait around for you. At the end of the day, in a relationship, you're giving up yourself to somebody, and he was giving himself up for you, but not getting nothing in return because you wanted a "BREAK"....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uktotalgamer)
    The title of this thread is extremely misleading, since he is quite obviously not your boyfriend, anymore.

OP, this is completely your own fault. A "break?" Seriously? Good lord.

Haha. Totally this. U PREACHIN'; SISTA

ReputationRep:
    You were doomed anyway, now get over it.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, this whole "let's go on a break" thing is dumb anyway. I'd be more pissed that my friends hadn't told me.

ReputationRep:
    Arggghhhh i hate it when people have 'Breaks'
    Either break up with him or don't, stop pissing him about.

You've obviously not communicated with him at all.

Does he want to get back with you?

ReputationRep:
    I think he genuinely had no idea what you meant. Wtf is "on a break" supposed to mean anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I'd never accept a break, would you let him leave you and have you back as he pleased? Choose when he wants you?

But then again, I'd be pretty mad if a boyfriend of two years was together with a new girl after only 2 weeks, even if we had officially broken up. I feel bad for you, hope you cope.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.