Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's obvious there's some chemistry Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    go for it...i personally love when a girl comes up to me and starts a conversation...makes me feel special...it also shows the guy that you are confident and are willing to go out and get what you want
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I prefer it if a girl expresses her interest Makes me feel more wanted! More girls should be chasers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    Because no matter how "dude, I'm cool and ain't shy" a guy acts, there is always going to be a hint of insecurity if it's someone he genuinely likes...because he's human.
    I can testify to that. On the surface I'm one confident guy: all my friends say so, but deep down I'm real insecure and not at all confident when it comes to making a move on someone, as you pointed out, that I'm genuinely interested in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    I can testify to that. On the surface I'm one confident guy: all my friends say so, but deep down I'm real insecure and not at all confident when it comes to making a move on someone, as you pointed out, that I'm genuinely interested in.
    You're not the only one - my boyfriend is another example. Friendly to everyone, brilliant conversationalist - I've lost count of how long we could talk for, my friend had to drag me away from my com once (was up till 2am ) And he had a good bunch of girl mates he was friendly with (not too flirtatiously, thank goodness )

Even though his confession was somewhat cut-to-the-chase (not filled with endless pauses, "umms" and "ahhs" ) and sounded very sure/confident, he confessed later that it took him a whole week to figure out if he should - and how he should - ask me out. xD I'm his 2nd girlfriend but his most serious one...flip! :eek:

To be frank, I'd be a bit suspicious about someone who said that they never had any insecurities whatsoever when it came to pursuing someone the were genuinely into (we're not robots, for pete's sake ) Whether they mask those insecurities well enough, though, is another story...which is what my bf did. xD

But even he took ages to come round! :rolleyes:

So OP, maybe there is some truth about the whole "go for it" thing...you'll find out sooner and will have to wonder "does he, does he not?" a lot less (this is time which you can spend on other better things - like either enjoying his company fully or finding another brilliant guy ) At best you might start a lovely relationship or something, at worst he'll say no...

And if he does anything b*tchier/lower than that (say put you down really badly), then at least you'll know what kind of a guy he is - without having had to date him. Win-win? xD

ReputationRep:
    experiments need to be performed. empirical formulas need to be deduced. its an exact science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty12592)
    ...between me and this guy i know at uni
    well actually maybe the chemistry is a bit more subtle but i'm so confused on what to do
    i don't know if i should make the first move or wait till he does?
    do guys even like when girls make the first move?
    or would it be recomended to hold it out a bit longer?
    i know some guys sort of enjoy the chase...

i would very much appreciate some sincere advise
    thanks
    My gf and me we had the chemistry going as well, she used to come to the flat when I cooked for all my flatmates and when we had parties in our flat. She used to notice me from there.

I would never have made the first move on her at that time, she was nice and all, but I couldn't see myself going out with her. Anyway my flatmates used to feed her info about me and finally one day they told her where I would be, she tried to make a first move then, it somewhat went wrong. But it corrected through the course of the night.

Come to think of it, she has made the first move on almost every single aspect our relationship, from first holding of hands, PDA, kiss, and even bed LOL.....

It will be 16 months today since we been together
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by qwerty12592)
    so you wouldn't mind if a girl did that? would you not find it too forward?
    I don't see how it is forward, the thing is if you don't say anything, how are you going to know otherwise?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.