Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do universities accept 2 A levels and 3 AS? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    :lolwut: I hope not.
    K.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringwhatever)
    that sucks. i am sorry for you, cos even if people say it's not academical or whatever. i am going to get an A* so i really don't care about that. try to do an A level in one year, that's i think the only solution, because they care more about your A-levels than your As
    Yeah, I'm going to consider doing a whole A level in one year. But it must take a lot of hard work and double the effort and time right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mz-Nmh)
    I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thank you
    No problems. Also you should decide soon what subject you're going to do. I mean if you choose a subject like maths, then you would have to learn all of AS and sit it next Jan. Since A2 relies on AS knowledge (which you would take in June). Or if you were very committed learn AS over summer and join A2 class and just take the AS modules in Jan. However I'm sure there will be quite a few subjects that don't depends on knowledge prior to AS, mostly humanities. So if you ask your Sixth Form and check the AS class doesn't run parallel to A2 than you could do that option. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    No problems. Also you should decide soon what subject you're going to do. I mean if you choose a subject like maths, then you would have to learn all of AS and sit it next Jan. Since A2 relies on AS knowledge (which you would take in June). Or if you were very committed learn AS over summer and join A2 class and just take the AS modules in Jan. However I'm sure there will be quite a few subjects that don't depends on knowledge prior to AS, mostly humanities. So if you ask your Sixth Form and check the AS class doesn't run parallel to A2 than you could do that option. Good luck.
    Thank you again, and I'm thinking of doing Psychology in one year, and picking up Biology or something just as an AS. However, I'm afraid it would be very difficult to do Psychology in one year and Biology too as both subjects need a lot of hard work and revision. So, I might pick up something easier like Media, Citizenship or Government & Polictics as an AS which are much easier to get high grades as I find English one of my strong points- but not a career in it.

depends what subject you are doing, i did Biology as an AS and if you are not really good at it, i wouldn't do it. it is so much work and it is sooooooo dull. if i were you I would consider something like media just like you said. because as long as you are not applying to oxford for medicine they don't give a damn about which a levels you are doing. as long as you have the grades and it is NOT critical thinking

ReputationRep:
      Im in the same position, and what i did was emailed the university and asked them about this, and they said they would consider me if i applied, so i think you should, contact your universities via email and ask them, as some don't accept it,

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pixiefairy)
      Im in the same position, and what i did was emailed the university and asked them about this, and they said they would consider me if i applied, so i think you should, contact your universities via email and ask them, as some don't accept it,
      Thank you, I guess that's a smart thing to do and what uni was it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mz-Nmh)
      Thank you, I guess that's a smart thing to do and what uni was it?
      You're welcome!, and it was University of Manchester aswell!, and they are meant to be quite a strict uni!.

ReputationRep:
      Did anyone find out for certain about this? Sorry, currently applying for uni and I am doing 3 A Levels and did 4 AS'. Not sure whether to apply for the ones which ask for the points I will get without my AS or with it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ShannonS21)
      Did anyone find out for certain about this? Sorry, currently applying for uni and I am doing 3 A Levels and did 4 AS'. Not sure whether to apply for the ones which ask for the points I will get without my AS or with it?
      This thread is four years old, so please start a new one with your question.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.