Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He's 16 and I'm 18. Is this WIERD? Watch

ReputationRep:
    just dont go there.

ReputationRep:
    it's legal.......... you go for it

treat it like any other relationship, because it is

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a problem with it, as long as he is mature enough to be in a relationship with a girl 2 years older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InspiredEmma)
    Basicly..

I'm in year 13 and he's in year 11. He fancyed me from the moment he saw me (His words, not mine). We got to know each other properly at the school trip to Barcelona. I NEVER thought I'd like him because he's one of those immature lad type guys. Everyone seems to think that it is halerious that he likes me so at first it was just a bit of a joke..But after spending time with him, turns out I actually do like him. Quite a lot. I've realised that he's actually really lovely,good looking and obviously funny. But I keep telling myself I don't like him just because the age is a bit wierd. And an 18 year old girl with a 16 year old boy doesn't really happen. I just wish he was just a year older.. Apperently it's pedophilic of me to like him..I feel as if I can't like him because it goes against normality or social convention or whatever.. Fact is I can't stop thinking about him (Sorry to sound cheesy) and I've turned him down so many times because of the age but he seems to understand and we still talk.
    4 months later now, we still talk and that and he still likes me.
    I wish I just had the courage to go for it and not care how people will judge me or think of me cos I think I'd be happy with him.

What should I do? Advice please.
    You have no idea what paedophilia is. Apart from that, it is a bit unusual, but not weird. If you like him, go for it. It will seem completely normal since your thirties.

ReputationRep:
    No. It's weird though.

ReputationRep:
    Its fine

ReputationRep:
    Two school years is ridiculous, one is fine imo.

ReputationRep:
    Grow a pair

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    Why is the way you spelled weird bugging me so much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InspiredEmma)
    Basicly..

I'm in year 13 and he's in year 11. He fancyed me from the moment he saw me (His words, not mine). We got to know each other properly at the school trip to Barcelona. I NEVER thought I'd like him because he's one of those immature lad type guys. Everyone seems to think that it is halerious that he likes me so at first it was just a bit of a joke..But after spending time with him, turns out I actually do like him. Quite a lot. I've realised that he's actually really lovely,good looking and obviously funny. But I keep telling myself I don't like him just because the age is a bit wierd. And an 18 year old girl with a 16 year old boy doesn't really happen. I just wish he was just a year older.. Apperently it's pedophilic of me to like him..I feel as if I can't like him because it goes against normality or social convention or whatever.. Fact is I can't stop thinking about him (Sorry to sound cheesy) and I've turned him down so many times because of the age but he seems to understand and we still talk.
    4 months later now, we still talk and that and he still likes me.
    I wish I just had the courage to go for it and not care how people will judge me or think of me cos I think I'd be happy with him.

What should I do? Advice please.
    Is his name Joseph? and his last name begins with an N?

ReputationRep:
    If you're 18 and he's 16, the age gap could be anything between just over a year and nearly three years.
    Well, he's legal, so there are no issues with that. If you really like him, go for it, but be prepared for the fact that you might find him immature, that you can't do things like go to pubs and bars etc with him, people might be funny about it. If you're planning to go to uni, you might meet someone more suited to you there, and the transition might make the age difference more of an issue. You might have a thing with him and then in a few months look back on this and wonder what on earth you were thinking.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.